PDA

View Full Version : Women that fish...

Herefishyfishfish
22-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I would think it highly likely that its a common occurance these days. #
Although I would think it still rare to see a woman in competition? #

Anyway... I do actually have a couple of questions about it #;D

1. How do you guys and girls feel about women in fishing?
2. Is a man really interested in having a partner that fishes... considering it means she will be out with him on most fishing trips?
3. How would you feel about being beaten by a woman in a competition?
4. Would you seek advice from a female expert?

Thats about it. #Just for curiosities sake. #

Questions for the girls...

1. Do you want to find other women that fish?
2. Does your partner get sick of taking you out with him?
3. Are you interested enough in fishing to learn as much as you can about it?
4. How would you consider your knowledge and technique/skill?

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity! #;D

Ari

http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pMvt0I80jTgQO6Y5J5MiBcP4JVHB3g8mHxmqTZlQlynJFVar fP6DTwKB8iHM9ayTZLIsI5_pvJMEl56h5qzyl0qxW6HtcsRHeZ FkaIRAZ6Y8

Blackened
22-12-2006, 10:12 AM
G'day
I feel it a great thing for women that fish, I learned alot of my offshore and trolling skills from the female deckie I was working with. She was absolutly brilliant.

I'd love a partner that would be interested in fishing and the water, as it means there's another realm for you both to explore.

I wouldnt feel any different about being beaten... a win is a win and a loss a loss.

As for getting advice? If the person is better than you, you'd be the fool not to take advice and learn from it. Sex is not the issue

Dave

megan
22-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Ari,

I love fishing and being able to fish with my partner, the only time he will go fishing with his mate is when I don't go, so most of the time we are fishing buddies, so I don't think he gets sick of taking me.

It doesn't really bother me to find other women that fish, but I think it is great that more women are getting into the sport.

I have so many fishing books and magazines that I am always learning new techniques and knots etc I am just getting into soft plastics now so I am still learning a lot, and you can never have too much knowledge.

I was once in a fishing club and was pretty much the only female - so after a while of me always winning the womens section on weigh in days they ended putting me against all the males, and I don't think that they minded.

Happy Fishing.

geoff72
22-12-2006, 11:09 AM
my wife loves fishing and love taking her, we go out for a good 5-6hrs each time we go, (when we can get the grandparents to babysit). we have a great time talking, haveing a few drinks and when the fishing was slow,it was a good chance to ahhh how you say,get close to each other. hehehehe ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mick_Godfrey
22-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Hello Ari

I reckon the more women that fish the better, love the thought of spending a day on the water with my partner and if you can catch some fish too its a bonus. Being beaten by a women is not an issue, afterall part of being competitive is also about being a good sport. As for advice i need all the help i can get ;) ;) ;)so always open to it ;D

all good as long as my rod is bigger than yours :-X :-X :-X

snakecatcher
22-12-2006, 12:32 PM
My wife hates fishing but when she can be persuaded to come out she always manages to catch more than me :-/

Noelm
22-12-2006, 12:50 PM
up untill recently I fished with my wife for over 20 years, no dramas, I hate those fishing shows that if a Female catches a fish, the host patronises them as if a Woman has never caught a fish or they are weaker or something, and carry on like it is a big deal, that really sh!ts me, I know quite a few ladies who could show a lot of male 'experts" a thing or two when it comes to our chosen pastime.

Noelm
22-12-2006, 12:52 PM
whooops, recount I fished with her for over 30 years! or should I say we fished together, as she could reverse a trailer as good as anyone I know (except me of course) cut bait, fillet a fish or play one on stand up game tackle so I guess that is fishing together huh!

murf
22-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I love to see women fishing as well as whole families. My wife is not reel fussed with it but will come for the familly thing. I have two daughters 8yo and 11yo and they love fishing.

I know a few very keen female anglers that run rings around most mear males ;D including me

just thinking

Q. how many women skipper their own boat or do a runner in their partners boats with the girls for a fish?

Having a missus that wants to fish all the time would make it hard to get out with the boys once in a while, it would be a bit like cheating if your missus loves fishing and you take your mates instead. the boss lady would not be happy :(

We did a boys week away fishing last year and left behind one very angry female partner of one of the boys >:( it did get rather ugly. I fully understood her stance but we all wanted a boys trip. I guess you can call me sexist if you must.

I do encourage female anglers to get in and get their hands dirty and if they beet me I am satisfied that they are the better on the day and I get a buz knowing that they have enjoyed themselves.

its all good and we all have equal skills on the water.

Cheers Murf

themisses
22-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi Ari,
We spend a lot of time fishing together. He is very keen for me to get over my sea sickness issue so we can go outside more often. I am by no means a gun fisho, and Roo is very supportive giving tips advise etc. He loves taking me tackle shopping, last week we went looking for a new rod and came home with 2 rods, 1 rod/reel combo and about $80 worth of lures/plastics!!
He did go on a boys bass fishing weekend not long ago, I was not real impressed at being left at home. Boys weekends should be surfing not fun stuff like bass fishing!! ;D
Cheers Kim. :)

shayned
22-12-2006, 05:11 PM
I love to see women fishing, ahh who am I kidding, I just love to see women. ;D

In all honesty, who gives a rats about the sex of your fishing partner. Someone is either good value to go fishing with or they're not.

On being outfished, who cares who it is that outfishes you, you still have to hate them for at least 5 minutes purely on principle. It could be Mother Theresa and I'd still shoot her a couple of hate filled steely stares >:(and after that I'd get over it and be thankful that someone I know is getting good fish and not that mongrel in the other boat 100 metres down stream. >:(

If someone really knows what they are doing and is willing to talk about it, I'm willing to shut up :-X and listen. I tend to learn things this way. Now seeing how I like to look at women, I think said female teacher would have probably have my undivided attention and as long as it wasn't Megan Gale wearing a string bikini :oI'd probably remember most of what was said. ;)

Toby
22-12-2006, 05:20 PM
You will not find a more mad keen fisherman than my partner. She loves fishing.I agree with Noelm, i hate it when males patronise females who fish etc.

My partner can land a lure 30cm from a snag thats 30yards away. She's caught more barramundi than most blokes I know. Having a partner who fishes is the greatest thing in the entire world in my opinion. Having a hobby you can share is wonderful. I still go on my anual "blokes" trip up far north qld and she doesn;t mind me going at all.

I find women in general aren;t as fussy or egotistical in what/how big of a fish they catch. My partner would happily catch a barracuda as much as a coral trout.its more about the experience and not about the end result..

baldyhead
22-12-2006, 05:51 PM
For 37 long years she has outfished me! Both in club comps and general fishing. Its been a great time for us both. We can almost predict what the other is about to do.
I never have to look for a decky nor try and train someone to do it my way. She usually does it her way haha. She has her own baitcasters, and many other reels & rods, too many to mention as well as her own rifles including a 308.
She refuses to throw the cast net prefering to skipper the boats while I get wet & stung...smart huh?
She's been over the side in the middle of the night in crocodile infested waters helping me to cut a rogue net away from the prop without any complaints.
I would have to travel far and wide to find another like her...thats why I married her 37 years ago. And her fish are always bigger than mine! Just ask her!
baldy

shayned
22-12-2006, 06:01 PM
You're a lucky man baldy.

Poodroo
22-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Personally I think women who love fishing is such a great thing. I can't think of anything better than having a woman by your side enjoying and sharing the moments of what you love doing ie:fishing. It's a great way to bond in my opinion and if she wants to do better and outfish me then I "say bring it on!". Just as well my wife is not into fishing so I don't have to worry about the stiff competition but Herm if you read this then "Bring it on!" ;D :)

Poodroo

wombie
22-12-2006, 07:21 PM
the wife and i do fish together in a fishing club we club fish once a month shes in the ladies comp still learning like me but loves it got her first jack last month i got nothing good on her.

cheers Paul

Herm
22-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Just as well my wife is not into fishing so I don't have to worry about the stiff competition but Herm if you read this then "Bring it on!"

That might be a bit easier if either of us had our boat licence! ;)

Pete is finishing up at work on the 29th December - so anytime after that we will have our Captain!

Come with us - I would enjoy a bit of competition!!!! ;) ;)

Cheers
Janine

tunaman
22-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I see lots of women that are good fisher people and its great to see them having a go.

signed tunaman

disorderly
22-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Fortunately my wife is allergic to fishing.This gives us some space from each other.We live and work together so our time apart is nice for both.

cheers Scott

major-defect
23-12-2006, 05:40 AM
I think women fishing is great!I'm the only male in my household and we all go,the missus,kids and the dog all like going but not as much as me so I still get to go with mates as well.I always ask my wife if she wants to go before anyone else.My wife can take or leave the fishing but loves where it takes her and she loves being on the water even went and got her boat license.Just the other month she and her friend grabbed the kids and went for a run in the boat to Dunk island for the day.It was the first time she'd taken the boat,I was quite proud of her.

Scalem
23-12-2006, 07:12 AM
I love female company while fishing, I can always use a few lessons on how to multi skill in a boat. One of the best fishing adventures this year was with someone elses wife who replied my post in the "going fishing" section. Till then we were practically strangers, but the experience of getting out for a fish together is the same as with any of my mates/ deckies. We had a great time, and..... I had to eat some humble pie and admit, Herm outfished me two to one :o :o

If it were a bloke, being outfished on this occasion I would have said " beginners luck"

On this occasion I will have to say that it was a result of the top rate tuition, patience and experience I taught her. A bit of natural ability may have been part of the equation too!! ;) ;)

Looking forward to the next time, I am always trying to encourage my wife and two girls to come out with me, but in between shopping, sleepovers, movies, birthday parties, school concerts etc etc, fishing with Dad seems to draw the short straw. :'( :'(

Scalem

theoldlegend
23-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Hello Ari,
Interesting post.

From a Grumpy Old Man's personal perspective, and bearing in mind that I cannot speak on behalf of all the GOM's on the site, I would like to say that I am proud to know, and have liaised with three lovely ladies who are members.

Two are dead set experts, one of whom fishes so hard it's not funny and she is always willing to impart her expertise to me so I can learn. To her, fishing is a way of life, as she says. It is nothing to her to travel hundreds of kays just to go fishing, whether it be hard reef stuff or light tackle freshwater fishing.

One of the others is a prolific writer in various magazines, so I always take note of what she imparts in the way of knowledge. Another one lives nearby and her enthusiasm is second to none. She is willing to go out and explore things just so she can see how things work. Not only that, but she can take a joke at her own expense. (or her husband's)

So Ari, yes, I would be pleased to have a female in a boat or on the the shore or whatever.

I would have absolutely no issues whatsoever if a female person outfished me. I would be looking closely at what she is doing and asking questions.

Women in competitions? Why not? No problem to me.

I think we are all, as fishers, beyond the old days where it seemed to be a man's domain to gather and hunt and the wife had to cook the day's take.

I think that's about it from me. I'm done. Nearly exhausted. Bloody near stuffed. It's a triple D today. Must uphold traditions you know.

TOL

Glenn_Woods
23-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I only wish my wife [smiley=gorgeous.gif] liked to fish as much as i do. [smiley=cry.gif]

Woodsy

WHITTO
23-12-2006, 05:07 PM
2 all the young fella's out there toying with marriage, make sure your wife 2 B loves fishing, just think of the great boat u will have, something to think about, Cheers 2 all Whitto

idiotfisher
23-12-2006, 06:07 PM
yep good thing female fishers,my partner had her boat licence before me
so i was the deckie ;D . I loved watching her fight and bring her first big flattie to the boat,i couldnt get the smile off my face,that day she ended up with 3 flathead
1 tailor and a big bream and i only had 1 small flatty to my name,But the
best bit was back at the ramp the guys watching me clean them saying how good the fish were,then i had to say "yep she caught them".She goes out on the boat almost everytime unless she has to work,then my brother becomes first mate. ;D
craig.

imnotoriginal
23-12-2006, 07:36 PM
There should be more of it! I saw quite a few ladies on the water at Moreton, but not many that were really taking it as something other than a holiday distraction. Would be good to see some more committed female anglers.
Joel

roz
23-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Interesting topic.

I'll try and answer some of the questions.

I skipper my own boat, and I don't see that it's a big deal, although the reaction of some males when I'm out at sea is quite funny.

I've yet to find another female who is as serious about their fishing & I don't care & to be honest I would much rather fish with males, I honestly don't know why, that just me.

As for competitions, I seriously don't think there should be 'women only comps', I know that's a bit harsh, but I've never come across male only comps. I would go even further by saying, there should only be a senior winner and a junior winner of a comp.

Perhaps more age groups instead of gender. I had this discussion with Leeanne not long ago, her view was different to mine and I respect her views, maybe being pro active would have benefits in the long run.

Once I was denied membership to a fishing club on the basis of sex, and that really hurt. Ironically years later I was a guest of honor at their annual presentation night. On the other hand I can't see a problem with fellas having a weekend of fishing to themselves, it's not a competition, it's just mates getting together and that's different.

Due to my obsession with fishing, all my best friends are male, and to them I'm just another fisho and that's the way it should be.

To answer your last question Ari, I feel I know as much as an average fisho, but I realize that one is always on a learning curve when it comes to fishing & I don't care who I learn from, young or old, male or female.

Ari, lot of thought has gone into your topic & it's all good.

Cheers Roz :D

a_big_red_1
23-12-2006, 07:57 PM

2. Is a man really interested in having a partner that fishes... considering it means she will be out with him on most fishing trips?

Ari

http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pMvt0I80jTgQO6Y5J5MiBcP4JVHB3g8mHxmqTZlQlynJFVar fP6DTwKB8iHM9ayTZLIsI5_pvJMEl56h5qzyl0qxW6HtcsRHeZ FkaIRAZ6Y8

Hi Ari,
1: i think its great and should be more women out there fishing

2: i really wished my wife would come fishing more often

3: dont bother me at all, be good to see

4: depends on what she is wearing at the time :-X, (only kidding) any adivce from a fisho expert i would take in as i know i will never stop learning

Daz

Herefishyfishfish
23-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks to every one that has replied to this topic!! ;D There have been some fantastic answers.
By the way... if one of you was to have a negative opinion of fishing-women that wouldnt bother me, each to their own ;)
Im actually surprised at the amount of men that would be more than happy or even wish that they had a partner that went fishing with them :D

I'd love to go out fishing and just feel like 'one of the guys' if you know what I mean. I want to relax, have fun and not feel like my fishing skills are being judged solely because of my sex... I have actually turned down going out in the boat with my Dad because it would be me, my father and four of his work mates. I'd love to bring a friend along with me, or my partner. Pete wont go though, because its a non-smoking boat and Pete is a smoker. None of my other friends are interested in fishing!!!! Maybe its time for new friends ;-)

Roz, I have to agree with you... for a number of reasons... competing in a 'female' section at a fishing comp would seem hollow... there would likely be less competitors, right? And not only that, but those that may consider a female to be 'inferior' arent going to change their mind if all the female winner is competing against is other women. But... on the other hand... it does provide a leg up to women who are interested but who find the thought of diving right into the deep end and competing against men daunting!!! Having loved fishing all my life but having very little knowledge, it would be very daunting for me to jump right into competing against the men... not to say that women arent as good as men, but the pressure to prove yourself against the men (even if it is in your own head) would be greater. (by the way, I dont subscribe to feminism either... I believe men are men and women are women, always have and HOPEFULLY always shall be ;) and that each has their own strengths and weaknesses)

Personally... I think that in todays society... with the excessive hours we are expected to work to keep our heads above water... it wouldnt be much of a relationship if we couldnt share our hobbies... considering we have so little spare time on our hands as it is. But what could be better than having your best friend, life companion and lover - all in one - by your side to share the moment when you pull in a PB? ;D

Anyway... thats my 2 cents worth ;) Thank you all very much for your responses!!

Ari

roz
23-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Ari,

Would like to add one more thing regarding female only fishing comps, they usually have men driving the boats, so whats the point.

Again, brilliant topic.

thanks roz.

haggis
23-12-2006, 09:32 PM
I love fishing with my wife ,
as she has no license she has to lift the anchor
and I get to look at her wee cute bum bent over
the front of the boat .
cheers fae Haggis.......... ;D

eatmybait
24-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I think it can help many relationships if you have some things in common, and some time for yourselves. It would help justify the expense of the boat if both can enjoy it.

As for being beaten by a woman. I don't mind, so long as there is gentle spanking to start with. ;)

woppa
24-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Fishing is part of my life with my husband! I love it and so does he.

We bought our first boat 22 days after getting married and haven't looked back. We're both always reading fishing mags and getting tips on how we can both do things better.

Out of our 2 week holiday mid-year we spent 11/14 days fishing... so that answers the question of does he get sick of taking me out!! It's just part of our lives like anything else.

Sailfisher
25-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Fishing has been part of my life since I was a little one. Luckily I married a bloke who also loved fishing. We lived together, worked together and played together and he still loves taking me fishing. We are now retired and live in a fishing village in central Queensland, so when the weather is good we just jump in the boat and off we go. Think I was "Born to Fish"

Scalem
26-12-2006, 10:14 AM
I just had another thought,

Here is a question. Of all those who replied who's female wife or partner, who looks after the finances? I call my wife my "finance Director" and she is the one who looks after the bills and payment of them. Don't think I am lazy, I often offer to take some of the responsibility, but she says she is happy playing that role in our marriage.

I think it is in my best interests, if only for my own selfish reasons, to get my wife to enjoy coming out in the boat with me... I probably would not have to beg so hard to spend money on tackle and the boat whenever it needs a major service or something like that ::) ::)

I hope that is not a sexist male thing to say, because what motivated me to say it is that I often feel guilty every time I spend mega dollars on the activity I love so much - boating, but my wife seldom gets the pleasure of using it for herself. Just bought a new trailer for $1600.00, but the total spend on her Chrissy presents would not be more than $100.00, and she earns more money than me!!

Scalem

blaze
26-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi All
My wife dosnt fish but does come out in the boat a couple of times a year just crusin. Over the years we do lots together but both have sepeate interest also. I fish for relaxation, my wife does a lot of volenteer comminty things for relaxation and works in age care. We do house reno's together. I supply labour and do what she wants. We do at least one holiday together once a year and then have our seperate trips (mine are generally fishing but not always). Finaces are a joint thing. We sit down at the start of the month and discuss who pays what for the month, some times I pay out more, some times she pays out more. Balance is spent how we want with no questions asked (apart from when I had a new outboard lined up and she had house reno's in mind), she won. I think at the end of the day we have a strong marriage after 25 years that has worked so well for us because of the space and closenest our life style has allowed us.
cheers
blaze
ps
If she ever decides she wants to fish, she would be first deckie

chum
26-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Sexist remarks are not welcome on this site.

arpie
27-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi there

I've been fishing since I could walk & it is my all-time favourite past time. I love reading any fishing book or mag (even old ones - it is amazing how things have just been re-phrased & re-printed over the years!)

Nothing annoys me more than to see a 'prissie' woman attempting to fish - won't touch the bait, won't touch the fish, won't get her hands dirty - I really can't be bothered with them - the same goes for blokes that act the same way (and there are some!)

My husband doesn't fish - I have my own kayak & boat & lots of gear. 'Santa' just got me a downrigger (I bought it, wrapped it up & 'gave' it to me from him - I figured one of us should get a surprise when I opened it!) I do that each year - I know I will get something I want! You only need so much perfume!

I fish on my own & make the choices on where to go. When camping, we are always by a river, dam, lake or sea.

We only eat what I catch - haven't bought fish for 20 years. I enjoy catching prawns & beach worms. My family knows there is always a fish meal available here.

To be honest, I enjoy the 'being on own' time! Being retired, you don't want to be in each other's pockets all the time. He is out running, swimming and biking 3 times a day (he is a triathlete) - I usually only fish once a day ..... but it could be for 4hrs + !

Life is short, you have to have at least one passion to follow - fishing is mine. If you get a feed, it is a bonus.

At my funeral, they won't be saying 'Gee, she really enjoyed doing the housework!'

Cheers

Arpie

thehoodedwarriors
27-12-2006, 09:44 PM

Ari

In answer to the questions you posted I think that YES! I would love to catch up with other women that fish! I am the first to admit that I am no expert but I do love to go out and even if I catch nothing I still have a good time. I will go as for as sitting on a charter ralphing all day white my other half catches pearlies so that he can have a good day and be in his company.

We don't own a boat so we head up to maroochy river and hire the polycraft from Swan and have a great time. Brett goes off shore over the seaway with another keen ausfisher but as he only has a small boat I stay home.

Love to learn more. Just getting my head around all the knots and rigs at the moment.... and BCF is my kinda place so in summary YES us girls should get together. I am only 23 and there are not alot of girls my age that are keen to fish with the boys every weekend.. If there are PM me and we should catch up!

regards
Nichole ;)

tunaman
27-12-2006, 09:52 PM
My wife ;D is very head strong and wants to do it her self, but when it comes to mullet gut she draws the line. ;D. But when it comes to gaffing and rigging her own gear, she a champ.

signed tunaman

thehoodedwarriors
27-12-2006, 10:02 PM
I am allergic to fish but love fishing tunaman..... mullet gut i not that bad. not as much as pillies under your nails after a long day.

Herefishyfishfish
28-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Hey Nichole... Im 25yo :D Im keen to go fishing anyday, anytime, anyplace, with nearly anyone LMAO ;) Im a bit too keen perhaps. Up until Pete moved to QLD I only had my father to go with and I bugged him every chance I could to go out fishing with me. Now there is usually no need to bug Pete, he always suggests it before I get the chance to ;D

Arpie... About the prissie girls... and guys... I completely agree ;) I know girls and guys that do the same thing. My sisters boyfriend needs everything done for him because he 'doesnt want to touch anything yucky'. LOL
Im still girly... I have my nails done, I have manners, Im not crude or disgusting etc etc ... but Im not afraid to get my hands dirty... Im completely self reliant... from setting up my own gear to cleaning my own fish... :D I have just very rarely caught anything worth keeping ;) :P LOL
But... I am still learning... and take the opportunity to learn something new whenever it presents itself.

But when we get enough spare cash up... there wont be any complaints from me when the suggestion of purchasing a boat gets made! ;) ;D

I have never been out past the islands in a boat (fishing that is) and I have never been fishing in fresh water... I'd love to give both a try in the near future :D

Ari

Jellie
28-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Hi Everyone

I'm just joined the forum and came across this message while looking at the posts.

1) For me personally I'd like to find other women that fish, unfortunately none of my friends do ( they think i've lost the plot abit lol) so it would be nice to have some friends that you can go out and fish with.

2) My boyfriend is as mad about fishing as what iam so he never gets sick of taking me out, he also has his mates he goes out with, (which i think is great as we all need to do our own thing at times) and i have a friend who i go out with also, who is my best male friend, so it works well. My b/f totally loves the fact i love fishing as amongst everything else we have something else in common that we can share and get enjoyment out of. Apart from the constant compettion that we have going as to who can catch the most fish, all in fun though [smiley=laugh.gif]

3) I'm only new to fishing so im practially enhaling every bit of knowlodge i can, i think with fishing you never stop learning or gaining knowledge, there is so much to learn but that makes it all the more fun. I'm also very keen to get into camping and 4wd'ing so yeh i have alot to learn lol

4) As for my knowledge and skill, i'm getting there, i've picked it up fairly easily and seem to catch fish whenever i go out so i guess i must be doing something right lol.

Anyway that's my thoughts, look forward to chatting to you all, this is such a good forum

Janelle

thehoodedwarriors
28-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey Nichole... Im 25yo :D #Im keen to go fishing anyday, anytime, anyplace, with nearly anyone LMAO ;) #Im a bit too keen perhaps. #Up until Pete moved to QLD I only had my father to go with and I bugged him every chance I could to go out fishing with me. #Now there is usually no need to bug Pete, he always suggests it before I get the chance to #;D #

Arpie... About the prissie girls... and guys... I completely agree ;) #I know girls and guys that do the same thing. #My sisters boyfriend needs everything done for him because he 'doesnt want to touch anything yucky'. #LOL
Im still girly... I have my nails done, I have manners, Im not crude or disgusting etc etc ... but Im not afraid to get my hands dirty... Im completely self reliant... from setting up my own gear to cleaning my own fish... :D I have just very rarely caught anything worth keeping ;) #:P #LOL
But... I am still learning... and take the opportunity to learn something new whenever it presents itself.

But when we get enough spare cash up... there wont be any complaints from me when the suggestion of purchasing a boat gets made! #;) ;D

I have never been out past the islands in a boat (fishing that is) and I have never been fishing in fresh water... I'd love to give both a try in the near future :D

Ari

Ari,

thanks for your post. Where are you located?? I am at Hattonvale in between Ipswich and Toowoomba and we head up to the Maroochy River all the time, hire a tinnie from swan boat hire and just throw a line in and some cold ones its a great day. My other half is a prison guard and only works 7 days a fortnight so we always have a good time.. Love to do a charter with a few woman, but I am only little and the last charter Brett and I went on was a disaster. I was the only woman and the comments "its bad luck to take women and bananas on a boat" came up all day and I was sick. Brett had fun though it was the charter operator that made the day crap.

Want to get up to awoonga but don't have a boat.

We shoudl get together in the new year for a BBQ and swap stories.

disorderly
28-12-2006, 08:39 PM
THW,
Cant have been a fun day on the charter boat.Its bad enough to get crook,without having to put up with sexist crap all day.I don't believe in the banana superstition either.
Have you tried taking tablets for seasickness.Its a shame not to be able to enjoy the day as you obviously seem to like to go fishing and boating.
Keep at it and don't let the odd d!ckhead put a dampener on a great pastime.

#Cheers Scott

lutjanus
28-12-2006, 09:08 PM
i would love to see more women fishing it is a great past time and should be enjoyed by all. I am just gettin my girl into it now, she loves it. Mind you her first fish was a Black marlin. Very funny especially when i gave her the rod and she asked "now what do i do". So if you thow em in the deep end beware but ease them into it and they can be hooked for life.
Cheers

thehoodedwarriors
28-12-2006, 09:20 PM
THW,
Cant have been a fun day on the charter boat.Its bad enough to get crook,without having to put up with sexist crap all day.I don't believe in the banana superstition either.
Have you tried taking tablets for seasickness.Its a shame not to be able to enjoy the day as you obviously seem to like to go fishing and boating.
Keep at it and don't let the odd d!ckhead put a dampener on a great pastime.

#Cheers Scott

Naahh won't let it be a dampener REEL EASY charters out of Redcliffe are the ones that miss out.

Looking to go on another either the last weekend in January or the first weekend in February depending on dates off for everybody.

Havent found that wonder pill yet to help the sea sickness took travel carm (500mg ginger) and all it did was burn my throat coming up.

shubeej
28-12-2006, 09:53 PM
you gals/guys should set up a meet & greet

Jellie
28-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Nichole...

Wow what a small world I used to live in Toowoomba, have done for many years but am now in brissy. I'd also love to do a women's charter as well, have seen charter's on straddie when i was over there camping but wouldn't like to go on a guys one after hearing your experience, that's so rude of that guy. Have you been fishing long? i've just started so still abit slow setting my gear up but I just love it.

Ari
I agree with you I could definitely go fishing anywhere, anytime and i'm not afraid to get my hands or myself dirty and learn everything i can, couldn't go fishing with anyone who was scared of a bit of dirt. Do you go camping etc?

Unfortunately I don't have boat either, not quite to that stage of getting one yet either i must admit lol, but it does open up a whole new world of places to go.

Take care
Janelle

Herm
28-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi there Girls

I have been fishing as long as I can remember! #My family have always had a holiday house at Golden Beach, Caloundra and my first trip up there was when I was 3 weeks old! #Dad has a photo of my lying next to a flathead bigger than me - charming! ;)

I have always been an "Alvey" girl until I discovered the darkside - Soft Plastics and bought myself a nice little combo and I am hooked!!!:) #My husband had a few choice comments about how little the combo is - but guess who has caught more fishies! ;)

Definately a "get me hands dirty girl" and pump my own yabbies, bait my own hooks, remove the fish and clean them - and then of course end up doing the sooking as well! #and I actually get stuck tying all the knots on both mine and my husbands rods!

I just love it and I would get out more if I would get my bum into gear and get my licence! #Revenge of the Deckie!!!

I will keep an eye out for the Girl's M&G!!!

:)Janine

Poodroo
29-12-2006, 06:52 AM
you gals/guys #should set up a meet & greet

I have a 4x4 M&G under planning at the moment so keep an eye out in the Going Fishing-M&G section. Although it is essentially a 4x4 trip it will be set up so that people who have 2wd cars can still join in by taking a different route. The venue will be at Archer Camping ground Mt.Mee and the trip will be a weekender. The plan is that people with 4wd's can do some discovering throughout the weekend and those who want to become a passenger in one of the vehicles can just simply jump in and hang on. It is quite close to Bribie Island too so for those who want to head off and have a fish can do so as well. The camp ground has a nice swimming hole so everyone is well covered. All welcome to join in so keep an eye out for it in the M&G section and also the 4wd-offroad section for updates.

Regards,

Poodroo

aussie_true_blue
29-12-2006, 07:23 AM
I have been fishing with the better half for near on 35 years and now have 3 daughters and a granddaughter who all love fishing. They all love to drive the boat so I dont argue and let them. They all especially love mud crabbing and the sight of a really big angry muddy buck landing on the floor of the boat ready to crunch any toe or finger close enuff still brings a laugh when they try to jump 50ft away from it a 12ft dingy. A really funny sight. Anyway they certainly know what fishing is about and they are good company. By the way I have a son also who loves fishing and is partners with me in the boat on the pic.

Cheers Bob

shayned
29-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Good to see the "Herminator" is still showing the blokes how it's done. How many species are you out to on the soft placcies now??
Janine,
Instead of waiting for a girls m&g, why don't you just jump in and organise it. I'm sure you'll get all the support you need. Don't tell anyone I said this but I believe T.O.L. is an absolute gun on a barby. ;) ;D
Regards,
Shayned

Broome_Fisho
29-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Ari
Yep Me like a heap of other Ausfishos have a partner that loves to fish, mine sometimes out fishers me and is never short of advice on what I should be doing to catch that Next Big Un, but hey thats women, its up to you wether you listen or turn off!!! ha ha ha Seriously though , mine is the deckie the cleaner , she drives the boat on and of the trailer , sets up the electrics, { resets distances, fuel, sets the GPS to where we are going to fish} realistically she can do all I can ;), and yes we do have our moments when we don't agree about something out on the water. Mine comes out with me everytime I go out, and honestly I would rather go with her as she knows what and how to things.
Would'nt have it any other way, so here's one for the Women that love to fish ;)

Broome_Fisho
29-12-2006, 09:35 AM
and another

thehoodedwarriors
29-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi #Nichole...

Wow what a small world I used to live in Toowoomba, have done for many years but am now in brissy. #I'd also love to do a women's charter as well, have seen charter's on straddie when i was over there camping but wouldn't like to go on a guys one after hearing your experience, that's so rude of that guy. #Have you been fishing long? i've just started so still abit slow setting my gear up but I just love it.

Janelle,

Need to have the blokes on a charter to keep the challange up. I have ben fishing for as long as I can remember but more of a deckie than a fisher. I remember the days when I was little getting dragged out of bed at some ungodly hour to go to pottsville then have to run back and forth from the beach to the car to give dad bait and stay warm!! those were the days.

Still haven't got knots down pat - should practice more and I am only 4'9 so have a bit of trouble wiht the heavier tackle, allergic to eating what I catch and get seasick so you could say that I am pushing s*#t up hill but I am obsessed with it so I work through the challanges.

My other half has a lot of gear. He is a prison guard and only works 7 days a fortnight. He has a Plano "trunk" and draws full of tackle as he got a deal from the local hardware when they were selling everything off - $1500 worth of eagle claw, mustad and other tackle for $500.00. no bad and he as 7 rods.

Lucky_Phill
29-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Ari,

What an enlightening and poignant subject. #To the girls and guys that have responded in a most positive way, well done.

We here like to encourage discussion and participation in fishing, a hobby, sport, recreation, wherever you wish to call it, and it is not restricted to any gender or age group.

Participate in any way that you feel comfortable with and with whom you are comfortable. #Fishing is a common denominator which transends gender and age, it brings together like minded people, it educates us and tests us, it is a lifestyle that here in Australia is imbedded in our burgeoning culture.

You will never have a better day on the water, than with the one you love.

If you feel an M & G is is on the cards, go for it. #Should you need assistance, we are here to help, but I am sure you won't need it.

As alluded to here somewhere, it all starts as a youngster and then you're hooked ( pun intended ).

Pic below is a starter.

Cheers # Phill

theoldlegend
29-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi Shayned,

How have you been?

I'll do the barbie if the Herminator shows me a few tricks as to how to rig up for soft placcies. :-?

You see, I'm getting the urge more and more to move to the dark side and give the softies a go! :o

Purchased a little Shimano 7' 2 - 4 kg rod during the week, and have attached a little spinning reel with 10lb line. Too heavy maybe? Don't know.

Was looking at pumpkinseed softies as well. Need to know more about jig head weights, leaders, etc.

Oops!! This might be more suited to the "Tackle" section.

Take care,

TOL

shayned
29-12-2006, 01:27 PM
John,
Without wanting to go off topic, if you can handle a bit of wading, I'm happy to put you on to some flatties on the placcies. Need a new moon for the best chance. PM me when you're keen.

Tell you what if Janine gets the m&g together I'll strap an apron on and give you a hand with the barbie :D.

Herm
29-12-2006, 01:36 PM
How did I end up in the middle of this???????? #Only joking! # ;)

Great White is now home with me for 6 weeks!! eeekkkk! and I will have a chat to him later about organising something. #If only he had the pizza oven finished! ;D

What would you all prefer -

A BBQ and drinks

or

A fishing trip????

Looking forward to your thoughts!!!

Thanks for the offer TOL and Shayned - don't worry - if it does get up and running you 2 will be the first on my PM list ;)

Cheers
Janine

wanttofish
29-12-2006, 04:21 PM
hi there

i've been on quiet a few charters with the hubby and not many of

them have other women so i know what it's like to have the men look sideways

at you because they might offend me if they swear or fart near me.

but i have the last laugh when they are hanging over the side hurling,

and even better i caught the biggest cobia on the boat, i will always

like fishing i find it relaxing

happy fishing

lorfe
29-12-2006, 04:34 PM
:DWell thats a message to get everyone chatting. I love being a 'woman who fishes' . It is a lovely way to spend time together as a couple. We live by the water and some of our best times are spent fishing. It is great to have shared memories of those times when...... the bream were jumping on the line one after another and the bucket was soooo heavy on the way out of the bush. Ahhhhhhh that was a year ;) or that time my partner got so excited at the size of the flatty that he fell over a log to get to his rod..
Yes it is a sport that is wonderful to share. Anyonethat fishes will know what i mean. I often look at women who sit and read or knit while their mate fishes.. and i reallly think that they are missing out./lorfe

theoldlegend
29-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Eeeeeek!! says the Herminator!! Great White is home for a while!!! EEEEEK!! :o What shall I do? Woe is me!!

Herm, I've had a thought. A flash. A vision. As you do, when you're TOL as I am. Not only that, but a GOM as well. As a GOM, I'm in good company; such as the Master, Pinhead, Chimo and others.

What would you think about a BBQ somewhere, not on your turf, because that would be unfair on you, but somewhere where the ladies and their partners (God I hate the word partners: you're either a husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, defacto, mistress/gigolo et al) could all congregate and liaise, intercourse socially, and generally carry on about our common interest?

Now, the question has been put. How about it ladies? It would be a good chance for us all to get together.

What do you think? Let me know.

Regards,

TOL

whitelion
29-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Nice to know there are so many other female fishers out there - I have been fishing for (dare I say it) more than cough mumble, mumble years, and much of that as a trout fly fisher - very few girls indeed. Do a bit of salwater too, and have just bought myself an SP outfit to use when I don't feel like getting out the long wand or going into the drought ravaged Monaro after trout.

I guess it's pleasant memories of spending my two bobs pocket money on lines wrapped round corks, jumping off the rocks with the knife and swimming out to get cungi for bait of the rocks that were a bit harder to get at (parents didn't fish and so didn't know what we did) and bringing home bream or cod or fish I didn't know the names of. Or carrying home my first trout at age 9 when mum and dad said I'd never catch one!! Little girls can be very determined.

I know all about those sideways glances, especially when I'm catching lots of fish and the boys aren't, but generally the males I have met on the rivers and lakes have been lovely people - probably because they're fishermen - and once they know you're a keen and competent fisher, they stop being condescending very quickly indeed. (If they don't I just smile at them and continue catching fish and mostly they go away). Men are much more accepting and welcoming of women fishers now than in the past and I have developed some long term friendships with men I have met on streams and rivers. I hope you do too!

So yes, it's wonderful to see other women out fishing and to see such an incredibly positive response to this discussion thread from both men and women. I haven't really found any female fishing friends, but I have found over the years that men do quite nicely, thank you...and some are even willing to stay out when it's windy and raining, or when the flyline freezes in the runners 'cos it's 9pm and it's minus 4 degrees, and the fish are active, so you just can't go home. One more cast....sometimes even men get the sh#ts with me when I won't come back and have some dinner. After all, what's wrong with a handful of nuts and sultanas for dinner? Where are their priorities??

So yes...we females can be mad keen fishers too...hope to see you all out there for many years to come...fishers are born, not made....despite early encouragement and opportunity neither of my children fishes, just as neither of my parents did. Who knows where the passion to fish comes from...I'm just very glad it came to me and to you too.

Tight lines

lovefishing1
29-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I would like to meet women and men that fish, I love fishing but my partner (sorry TOL I know you do not like that expression )and I go our own way and do our own thing which is sad after all this time but thats life. I am now looking to make new friends and do the thing I like doing best FISHING.
I do live on the gold coast and my boat is at Runaway Bay Marina on dry stack, I usually go out on my own and stay overnight sometimes mainly in the Nerang River. I would love to meet someone to go fishing with or come fishing with me, I have a boat licence and a comfy boat, like a laugh and good humoured, met some of the guys at Wynnum on a M & G recently which was good. I know when I first joined Ausfish I put a post in for someone to go fishing with me and received some replies, my daughter spat the dummy saying that you don't know who you would be going with and was not very happy with the idea so I did not follow it up, but with a few M&G's I would soon meet up with a few fisho's. So I will be in a BBQ or whatever to meet up with some fellow Ausfisher's

Happy New Year Irene...... :o ::) :-*

Herm
30-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Irene - I have made some great friends on Ausfish - exactly the way you described - but I was the one that answered a call for a deckie! to a bloke that I had never met/spoken/PM'd to before! and I had a great time, learn't alot and caught my PB to top off a great day! ;D

Also answered a call for a deckie for PinHead and had a lovely day out on TMD! :)

My parents thought that I was mad answering an internet call for a fishing partner - and I suppose that I was but it was reassuring when Brian's lovely wife rang to check that he was OK and that I was not an axe wielding maniac! ;)

I would like to think that most of the people on Ausfish are here for the same reason - to share their love of all things fishing! and that any dodgy members are far, far out weighed by the great guys and girls!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

TOL - - now when exactly are you planning this BBQ for????? Come on you started it - you have to follow through!!! :D You know that you can count on me to help! and as much as I know I will probably regret the statement - I think that the idea of having the BBQ at "someones" house has the benefits of having everything onhand. Pete would be keen if the Pizza Oven was finished -but a BBQ would still be great! Let me work on Pete and I will let you know how I go!

Cheers
Janine

stevedemon
30-12-2006, 01:54 AM
Hi all
Well most of the time i am out on the boat by myself during the winter months or out with friends but during the summer months my wife is with me most of the time as she to loves fishing an being out on the water

i enjoy her company on the water as it gives us some quality time together by ourselves with no one around or meeting up with friends an just having fun in the sun

the wife can fish an bait her own hook which is a bonus

but the winter months are to cold for her as most of the time i am out overnighters or away for 3 days fishing an just to cold for her she reckons but that is when the good fish are around so i am always looking for a deckie during the winter months

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

theoldlegend
30-12-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi Janine,

Just working on a few ideas atm. Numbers, date, logistics, all that stuff. :-?

Will have to jot them down and get back to you with them.

I think it would be a good idea for some of the WTF to get together.

TOL

Chimo
30-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey TOL

You'r a bloke not a WTF, or are you suggesting a bit of catered care a la GOM style with or without the fish hooks, line, rods and reels but with plenty of free feed material as demonstated so well previously at the GOM M & G?

Happy New Year fellow youngster :D

Cheers

Chimo

shayned
30-12-2006, 12:34 PM
What about somewhere like Deep Water Bend that has a bbq area, playground, boat ramp and some areas for land based fishing, not that it's great during the daytime for fishing but you can normally get something there. Then nobody will be responsible for the final tidy up or for having to try and get me to leave their house before 4.00 am in the morning.

The idea of a partners m&g is good it might even rekindle an interest in fishing for my girl. :D

theoldlegend
30-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Ah Chimo, you have been reading between the lines!! ;)

Yes, one must admit, the spread that was provided by everyone bar me on TMD was excellent! ;D

What a shame about no hooks being on board though. We had a feeding frenzy going, didn't we, out the back, and no friggin hooks!! >:(

I really would like to get something happening with the WTF though, because it would give them an opportunity to meet up with each other. Not only that, but hopefully I could pick up some secrets about rigging for soft plastics, and boy, do I need that!!

TOL

PinHead
30-12-2006, 04:52 PM
hang on..this topic is about women that fish...not men organising a barbecue.

You blokes still carrying on about no hooks....for GOM nothing wrong with ya memories.

rtranter
31-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi all,
Some interesting reading. :D
My wife hates my boat (no Seats) >:(, and that suites me :D, as I took her fishing a couple of times and it annoyed the be gingies out of me :( :(.
Have no problem with people of any sex going fishing, just happy that my better half is happy to stay at home. She also hates the 4 a.m start, thinks fisher people are mad to get up so early.
Could you please not use abrieviated letters for words as I have no idea what you're saying, I tend to like living in the past when people spelt what the words are. ( I'm a bit simple like that. ;D) What is a GOM/TOL and such things.
Rob

PinHead
31-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Rob...GOM = Grumpy Old Men..the over 50's brigade of ausfish...bad tempered bunch of buggers they are.

TOL = The Old Legend...members users name

PinHead
31-12-2006, 08:56 AM
oops..WTF = women that fish as opposed to other shorthand for this .

Poodroo
31-12-2006, 09:10 AM
As much as I would like to be in on a m&g with the lovely ladies on this site I would have to say that I would refrain from joining in if it is a "ladies" get together even though I have a lady I could bring along. I am sure it would be very much a great meet once it happens. Have fun people. I'm sure with the Herminator involved there will be no shortage of nibblies and gourmet food. ;) HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

Regards,

Poodroo

ronnieandbill
31-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Hi Guys
I have read most of the replies and it seems most of you think it is great to see women fishing.

I have been fishing ever since I was a little tacker. Started off in freshwater and then when I moved up here soon got to know what Saltwater fishing was all about. The first thing I did was get my boat licence and that was about 20 years back.
I absolutely love my fishing and couldn't think of a better past time and will go out any chance I get. My brother is also keen so suppose I have been lucky that I have always had a fishing buddy.

I bought the big girl about six months ago as I got sick of the fella's always offering to take me out to Moreton etc but never did.
Now I can go out anytime, weather permitting and am glad that my partner likes to go as well.

To all- doesn't matter what gender as long as whatever you do you enloy it. And if you both enjoy the same thing then that is even better.

Ronnieh

Herefishyfishfish
31-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey everyone!!!

:D WOW! Thank you all for the responses and I think a meet and greet is a fantastic idea!! I dont mind if its run by the boys, or if boys attend... I dont know about any of the other ladies... but its all good in my books :D

As for whether to go with fishing or a BBQ... why the heck cant we have both? ;) ;D LOL

And yep, I camp as well... I LOVE camping :D I live in the logan area, but Im always willing to travel a little ways.

I dont get sea sick... Im too busy fishing to get sea sick LOL Would love to get together with others, even guys that dont mind taking a lady out with them... because Im not sure my partner... oh, sorry TOL... my boyfriend likes going out with me often and would rather go out with his work buddies. Anyway, Im on the market for new friends either way, men or women :)

Ari

Poodroo
31-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Ari I am only just down the road at Mt.Warren Park. Perhaps we can arrange something in the future and go get us some fish. ;) My partner (Had to do it TOL) wifey is not into fishing really and she doesn't care who I fish with. I never need an excuse to wet a line.

Poodroo

PinHead
31-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Ari I #am only just down the road at Mt.Warren Park. Perhaps we can arrange something in the future and go get us some fish. #;) My partner (Had to do it TOL) wifey is not into fishing really and she doesn't care who I fish with. I never need an excuse to wet a line.

Poodroo

we know that..she let you out with me

lovefishing1
31-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi Everyone
The response to this M&G is great and also great to see so many women interested in fishing, if there is anyone living down on the Gold Coast who wants to go for a fish let me know as I am always looking for someone to take out although in the holiday season I must admit I tend to not go .I do not feel confident enough to go offshore by myself so if someone is experienced in offshore fishing that would be great particulary in winter when the snapper are around. Looking forward to meeting you all soon!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Irene ;) :D ::)

Herefishyfishfish
31-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Hey guys!

Poodroo thats cool :D I have no idea where Mt Warren Park is! LOL
Hey, Id love to go fishing somewhere where fish are actually biting as well ;) LOL

Irene, Im not far off the gold coast... I was down at Hope Island yesterday. :) I go to hope island frequently.

Ari

lovefishing1
31-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi Ari
My boat is at Runawy Bay so when the holidays are over give me a ring 0414354755 and we can organise a fishing trip, not sure what your work situation is like but if we can go during the week its better not so many boats around but if the M&G is soon we can meet up there :o ::)

Cheers Irene

::) ;D :D

bidkev
31-12-2006, 04:51 PM
I took The Deckie fishing the day after we met over 20 yrs ago and we've been fishing together ever since.

She does the towing, launching, and recovering, and is a mean hand on the pick.....in fact, I just point the nose of the rig in the direction we're going and that's my role over ;D

The only time she doesn't fish with me is when we're camping at The Pin as she prefers to sunbake and look after the kids........she doesn't even let me near the stove ::) ::)..............."Control Freak' I think they're called ;) ;D

She isn't "full on" in that she isn't interested in the tackle, knot tying etc but simply loves having a rod in her hands ;)...........aren't I lucky ;D

kev

Eel fishing

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/Fishing%20Album/eelestuary.jpg

Cornish wrasse

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/Fishing%20Album/wrasserocks.jpg

Skate

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/Fishing%20Album/skate1.jpg

Tope

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/Fishing%20Album/tope-1.jpg

Little pretty Thing (she called it) ;D

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/bidkev/Fishing%20Album/Bid.jpg

wanttofish
31-12-2006, 04:54 PM
hi all

what is the difference between this m&g that is being organized

and the usual ones, don't woman go to them and meet each other

i haven't been to one so i don't know what goes on at them.

dianne

PinHead
01-01-2007, 07:54 AM
hi all

what is the difference between this m&g that is being organized

and the usual ones, don't woman go to them and meet each other

i haven't been to one so i don't know what goes on at them.

dianne

dianne..most of the other M&G's have been organised for anyone to attend but i think TOL is organising this specifically with the women of Ausfish in mind. I am sure he will organise a great event.

rtranter
01-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Rob...GOM = Grumpy Old Men..the over 50's brigade of ausfish...bad tempered bunch of buggers they are.

TOL = The Old Legend...members users name

Thanks for clearing that up Pinhead.
Now I may understand whats being said in some of the threads 8-)

Now not wanting to start anything ;D, but to show I'm not a complete sexist ;D. (And This is a True Story, just ask Julie)

For 98% of our 27 years so far, Julie has got breakfast in bed every day :-X.

The other 2% I've been at work or just too lazy.

So I'm not a complete As#*ole.

I think your M&G sounds a great idea, as they mostly are.

Well Have a SAFE,HAPPY & PROSPEROUS 8-) NEW YEAR Everyone, and catch a heap of Fish
Rob

fishel
01-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I love fishing and while my husband likes being out on the water, he just throws a line in and reads a book or goes to sleep. Just after we got married last year I was massaging a guy who loves fishing and was telling him about all the fishing I did on our honeymoon and he could see how keen I was and how much I enjoyed fishing and said with great feeling "What a lucky guy my husband was". He longed to have someone with whom to share his passion for fishing. So all you guys who have women who like fishing are the envy of this guy!

Our honeymoon rekindled my love of fishing. I hadn't been fishing for decades, but I've got the bug bad now. Can't say I've had any brilliant catches but I sure out fish my husband!

Glad to see you are such good sports about women winning competitions and the general acceptance of us fisher women.

Eleanor

Herm
01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't think that the M&G is mean't to be purposely aimed at the "Women that Fish" I think that ANY excuse to have a M&G is a good one! #(Rob - I too was thinking WTF ?????? #what's going on - It can't be its usual meaning - #and then thought about it a bit more and worked it out! Women that Fish!! of course)

I am sure that EVERYONE would be more than welcome! #Even the GOM's (but if it is at my house - PinHead doesn't drive that far or holidays!!! #We might have to set him up a camp bed in the rumpus room! #[smiley=wink.gif]) and with TOL and Shayned already on BBQ duty we have a good start! What can you do PinHead??? #[smiley=wink.gif]

Now, the question has been put. #How about it ladies? #It would be a good chance for us all to get together.

What do you think? #Let me know.

Regards,

TOL
I love this comment from TOL! #[smiley=laugh.gif] I can just imagine TOL and all the WTF! #[smiley=gorgeous.gif] #I think that TOL thinks that the WTF are just like his beloved "Breaka Girls!!!" #[smiley=wink.gif] #

Now TOL - I can only speak for myself but I am sorry but you are out of luck! and does Gwenda know what you are up to???

GW and I have been meaning to get to a few of the M&G's but due to his work commitments things have not worked out - but now with no work - he has no excuses!

Come on TOL - let us know the details! #We are away for the next couple of days up at Caloundra but if you need to give me a ring, I will PM you my mobile no.

I am really looking foward to meeting ALL Ausfishers!

Cheers
Janine

fishel
01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Scalem

Here is a question. Of all those who replied who's female wife or partner, who looks after the finances? I call my wife my "finance Director" and she is the one who looks after the bills and payment of them. Don't think I am lazy, I often offer to take some of the responsibility, but she says she is happy playing that role in our marriage.

Re the above, I handle the finances, because I am the one who is good at it. I hate to think how things would be if my husband did it. It is not his thing. He has his giftings, he is a carpenter, so that makes him the expert at fixing our timber boat! Sounds good to me, since I'm the one who is keen on fishing and I prefer timber boats. Hate to think how the boat would be if I fixed it! He calls me "The accountant".

Best to work with each others strengths.

Eleanor

fishel
01-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey Nicole

I live just south of Toowoomba so go past your place on way to Brisbane etc and would love to go fishing sometime with you or other ladies. I'm not prissie but not butch either. Can do for myself. Have own boat but needs some work so won't be ready for a few months. Maybe we could go out in it together or with others when work is done on it. My phone number is 4697 1143 if you want to keep it and ring if you're going fishing.

Eleanor

bidkev
01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm on home duties so I handle all the finances, pay the bills etc. That said, The Deckie earns the money so I spend nothing without first asking her. Small things like bait, terminal tackle etc I get free reign, but it was she who decided on the whittley and the tinny and who am I to argue? ;D

I shop around and buy meat etc in bulk when it's on special and freeze it, so in some small way I like to think that I am contributing..........besides, it gives me more pennies for the bait ;D

kev

theoldlegend
01-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi Janine,

I have put up a post in the "Going Fishing and M & G Section" and have asked one of the moderators to make it a sticky.

Will have to touch base with you very shortly and work through some issues.................. A certain member is making my life hell about this atm; you know, the bloke who thinks the edge of the world is just past Everton Park, but I'll have the last laugh Janine, don't you worry about that!! :o

Will keep in touch,

Regards,

TOL

PinHead
01-01-2007, 01:35 PM
janine..what can I do? absolutely nothing..I am a typical male...cannot do anything correctly.

finances..I handle them with her approval for major purchases as in boats and home reno items.

TOL...no help from a woman to organise this M&G...own your own buddy...now would I be giving you hell? never....BUT....payback for cracks about no hooks on the boat can be a real bitch huh...LOL

Chimo
01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey PinHead

Where are the hooks, line, sinkers and rods? #We had the bait they reckon chooks pretty good?

and fuses, don't forget the fuses..............

sorry buddy #couldn't help myself...

Chimo

PinHead
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey PinHead

Where are the hooks, line, sinkers and rods? #We had the bait they reckon chooks pretty good?

and fuses, don't forget the fuses..............

sorry buddy #couldn't help myself...

Chimo

LOL...I am going to adopt a Beattie attitude on this now...at the end of the day...big smile for the cameras...I will look into it and get the appropraite Minister to ocnduct a complete and thorough inquiry.

Offshore^Jack
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey Irene,

We spoke Monday re. fishing in Feb,looking forward to it,i will return the favour in July when i get my new rig. 8-)

marlinqld
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
My wife loves to come out fishing, and I've been teaching her to drive the boat and I want her to get her license soon. Herm, if you or any other ladies want to go for a license, my wife would love some female company on the day she does it.

Only negative I have about wife fishing, is she nearly always out fishes me when she comes out.......... :'(

Should be more women on the water.

Mike

Trinny
03-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I love fishing but im not very good im still learning. i would love someone to teach me more i would love to go out with the guys or gals :)
Does anyone know good sites to learn from?

J

Herefishyfishfish
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Hi J / LittleBirdy,

I dont really think you can learn from a website if thats what you mean? But I guess you can learn the basics. Im learning about fish species via fishbase... and well... this forum is as good a place as any to learn about anything else :D
Though I am interested in peoples opinions of 'good websites'... perhaps a topic for a new thread? Or perhaps I can find a similar thread in the history :D

Ari

PinHead
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
just grab some info from here on gear and bait/plastics etc for certain locations and go and have a go...most comes with some experience.

Jellie
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Little birdy i'm the same still trying to get my head around everything but I think the best way for me personally is just practise, that may not suit everyone though but I do also read as much as possible and this site is a godsend

In regards to the get together, i'd love to be in that, a bbq sounds great, though I'm a little unsure about going fishing as i'm still very very new to fishing and don't really have much of a clue as to what I'm doing as yet #[smiley=blush.gif] and#don't want to look like a tool #[smiley=laugh.gif], but if everyone can put up with me then count me in, id Love to meet you all

Irene ( and everyone else who has their own boats) you guys are so lucky and i'd love to go out sometime as I can't get enough fishing anywhere anytime but again as I'm just learning I maybe be more of a hindrance than good fishing company lol. #I'm getting there [smiley=laugh.gif] though, didn't realize there was so much to learn but i'm loving every minute of it, would go out every day if i didn't have to work

Ari: i've only been camping once #[smiley=blush.gif] on straddie but i was hooked after 5 mins, on of my new years resolutions ( amongst many others lol) is to get right into it, where abouts do you camp? if you feel like teaching someone then let me know #[smiley=laugh.gif]

fishel
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Irene,

We have to come to the Gold Coast so hubby can put in some wardrobes for his daughter and I would love to do some fishing while he works, if you are interested. Probably Feb I would think.

Eleanor

lovefishing1
04-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Eleanor
Give me a ring when you get down and we can try and organise a day my Mob> is 0414354775
Irene

shayned
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Irene,
Check your PM's mate, at the top of the chat board.
Cheers

pimp_my_boat
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
ADMINISTRATOR TAKE NOTE:
GIRLS PAGE
START IT NOW.

WE MALE'S NEED HELP

Sexist remarks are not condoned by this site, please keep your replies to posts relevant.

Herm
04-01-2007, 05:46 PM
ADMINISTRATOR TAKE NOTE:
GIRLS PAGE
START IT NOW.

WE MALE'S NEED HELP

Why?

Brenno
05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
my old grand mother was the one that got me into fishing and i'm going to name my boat after her (she would tell me to wake up to myself for doing it) all my female cusins love fishing and so does the wife. she just doesn't like the early starts.

on our recent hoildays over xmas she managed to meet me at the boat ramp at 8am most days, and twice we went out it was raining and she was quite happy to sit in the rain with just a rain coat to keep the rain off. we even managed to get my little sister involved twice once in the rain and the second time she out fished us, she was catching angle fish, which i was using as bait.

you dont have to be catching the big fish to have a good time just having something take you bait and seeing the smile on their face makes it worth while.

Mark

T1
06-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I love fishing but im not very good im still learning. #i would love someone to teach me more i would love to go out with the guys or gals :)
Does anyone know good sites to learn from?

J

Hi J

Meet & Greets are a great place to start as you meet a wide variety of people who love to share some knowledge! The best way of learning is to practice - forget websites... Anyway, sent you a PM with further info.

Take Care T

roz
06-01-2007, 02:11 PM
ADMINISTRATOR TAKE NOTE:
GIRLS PAGE
START IT NOW.

WE MALE'S NEED HELP

That's the biggest load of rubbish. Get a life.

theoldlegend
06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Thank you Roz,

Was wondering how long that would take.

I still haven't finished the epistle yet. It's getting bigger.

Take care,

TOL

Trinny
09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
i cant pm anyone it says i havne't done enough posts yet. :'(

i'm not really in a hurry to make more posts i just like reading them

J

tunaman
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Pimp my boat. Your a brave ;D man. If you look at roz,s picture, you see she ;D is armed with a mackral. and she will use it.

signed tunaman

S.S.
10-01-2007, 08:50 AM
ADMINISTRATOR TAKE NOTE:
GIRLS PAGE
START IT NOW.

WE MALE'S NEED HELP

That's the biggest load of rubbish. Get a life.

You know how to get the bites Pimp My Boat ;D

FISHERGIRL69
10-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Just saw this posting and want to say........

I think it's great more women fish these days. I only realised how much fishing came natural to me 4 years ago after I separated from my partner who funnyly enough was a mad fisherman. Now my 6 yr old daughter & I fish, camp, boat and love love love love it.

Q. 1: I don't really want to find other women who fish as alot of my female friends already do.

Q. 2: My current partner & I could not imagine fishing & camping with anyone else but eachother, we are the best of mates who love the same things and also have our mates who come camping & fishing with us, so all in all I think my partner is happy that I fish & definitely not sick of taking me fishing. (I take him fishing most of the time anyway...ha ha)

Q. 3 & 4: At first I could not get enough of fishing (still can't) and just taught myself really, then started to read and watch dvd's on it. Now I it's more like, the more & more you fish, the more & more you learn and half the time I out fish most of the guys I am with. Knowledge and skills accumulate with time and effort you put into something you really really love.

Thanks for a great topic.

Nicki ;)

thehoodedwarriors
10-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Pimp my boat. Your a brave ;D man. If you look at roz,s picture, you see she #;D is armed with a mackral. and she will use it.

signed tunaman

Tunaman,

Are you coming to the meet and greet on Saturday?

Regards
Nichole - THW

bluefin59
10-01-2007, 04:49 PM
My wife loves to go fishing and we always go together we shop for fishing gear and boating equipment it makes it easier to make discisions as to what we want and need she also does the trailer thing for me you should see some of the looks she gets when she slips the trailer in between others first go every time and i just drive on and of we go i wouldnt have it any other way we spend enough time appart doing our jobs our time together in the boat every weekend is real quality time away from the normal problems of life and family i love my wife coming fi [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Nic
11-01-2007, 05:17 PM
The funny thing is when someone asks your partner what he gave you for Christmas, and when he says something like "a Shimano Curado CU300DSV" they think he must be a complete tool. It's an uphill battle to convince them that you were actually happy to get it! ;D

pimp_my_boat
11-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Member has decided to ignore the Yellow Card warning. A short term ban is now imposed

stevedemon
12-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi all

well girls on behalf of us males to whom are not chauvinistic ;D :'( ;D :'( ;D

i have enjoyed reading all your posts as to has my Darling Wife to whom also loves to fish when we go out in the boat if i do not bring the rods then she will not speak to me all day :-? ::) :-? ::) :-? :P but the problem is i will never leave the rods at home regardless

so regardless of Red Cards and chauvinist attitudes it is good to see the girls on this forum just wish i could get the wife interested in talking on this forum as well but she :-[does not like to use the computer :'( :P 8-) ;D

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

geoff72
12-01-2007, 12:39 PM
did a 9hr stint with the missus over xmas,great time had,alot of chit chat, cant beat fishing with your best mate-(wife), she also made some nice nibblies to eat, she told me later when we got home at midnight she had had enough by 10pm but saw i was having a ball and she just kept fishing. god bless her.

themisses
12-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey Nic,
It sure beats an iron!! At least the fishing gear gets used!!(unlike the iron) I have a house cleaner to make more time for fishing on the weekend. ;D ;D
I have the same problem some people just don't get that we want fishing gear!!
Cheers Kim. :)

stevedemon
12-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi goeff72

mate i have the same problem with my Wife but she will keep fishing #;Dproblem is she knows fine well that i will stay out all night an the next day if given the chance so now she lets me know that she would like to head home soon #:-[ :-/ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

an you are right there is nothing like fishing with your best friend an exspecially when she brings the nibbles ;D ;D she turns around and say's no need to go home all the kids are big enough an ugly enough to look after themselve's now it is to beautiful to go home ;D ;D ;D ;D :o so a night on the water with your favorite lady under the stars is great :o :o ;D ;D ::) ::) :P :P :-? :-? #

Mary always tells me to buy the gear for the boat an she knows fine well that any thing to do with he boat an fishing gear is half hers any so either way an she still get flowers occassionally :-[ ;D ;D :-[ ::)

but Mary still knows that i like to either spend time on the water by myself or with mates an that is fine as well as she knows that i'm fishing not around the pub's or in any trouble :P ::) :P ::):P

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

fishel
15-01-2007, 03:21 PM
The funny thing is when someone asks your partner what he gave you for Christmas, and when he says something like "a Shimano Curado CU300DSV" they think he must be a complete tool. It's an uphill battle to convince them that you were actually happy to get it!

Yeah, my brother organised a rod and reel as a combined gift from my family for my 50th birthday and I was ecstatic. Although I can't say I had anyone making comments which indicated they didn't think I would have liked it, but maybe that's because I sounded so pleased, so they were left in no doubt. And I love tackle shops and checking out all those weird and pretty lures!

Regards Eleanor

fishel
15-01-2007, 03:28 PM
did a 9hr stint with the missus over xmas,great time had,alot of chit chat, cant beat fishing with your best mate-(wife), she also made some nice nibblies to eat, she told me later when we got home at midnight she had had enough by 10pm but saw i was having a ball and she just kept fishing. god bless her.

Oh! That is so sweet. That's how it should be. I suspect my husband gets sick of fishing before I do, too.

scuze a me
15-04-2007, 09:45 AM
What a great read this thread relating to ladies has been..for as long as I can remember I have been fishing. First with my parents when their only means of transport was a pushbike each.. Most every weekend would be spent on the bank of the Burnett river (Bundaberg)
Yearly holidays were spent at Elliott Heads catching whiting... this made possible via a bus service.
Later on after three children I was lucky enough to spend many many years fishing all over the Barrier Reef from Lizard Island to the reefs off Frazer. Fishing the swains reef before the waters were really chartered was an adventure I still cherish. The reefs around Musgrave and Lady Elliott Island were a regular haunt.
As time went on people moved away and some sadly passed away, this left a big
gap in my life. My son and his wife were dead keen on fishing so I decided to get a 16ft 1/2 cabin cruiser. We both got a licence and spent lots of enjoyable time around Frazer Island until the grandchildren arrived and I sold the boat..
My grandson developed a love of fishing so enter a 10ft dinghy. The Burnett river proved a happy hunting ground once again for a few years.
Time passed he grew older and drifted away with work and girlfriends.
I moved to Brisbane.. my son moved to Brisbane... I bought another dinghy so I could take a friend and go when he took his family.
1 Year later he had to move to another town .. the boat was sitting unused for so long I almost sold it.
My grandson has recently moved to Brisbane so here we go again....I now have a 3.7 Stacer proline and looks like a new 15hp Mercury on Monday....
hmmmmm If I could just get the trailer back under control all would be rosy!!

oztrav
18-04-2007, 04:36 PM
i like going fishing with my girlfriend i also like going with my mates luckily neither them go as much as i do so they they alternate weekends

Chezzy13
18-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Lots of us gals love to fish, ;) ..I cant think of anything better, well I can, but I wont say..:P ;) ..
I also love to snorkle, and when I move South, Il be doing razor fishing..
Counting the days..;D

haggis
19-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I love fishing with my wife , she even made me get a bigger boat . whats not to love ! she often out fishes me and has now to date caught the biggest barra between us , we laugh , fish , some other stuff and clean the boat together .
women in fishing comps why not , the way some of the blokes carry on you would call them old women any way .
cheers fae haggis.......

PinHead
19-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Lots of us gals love to fish, ;) ..I cant think of anything better, well I can, but I wont say..:P ;) ..
I also love to snorkle, and when I move South, Il be doing razor fishing..
Counting the days..;D

I bet it is doing the housework??

Nowhere Bob
03-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Another top strand, thanks all.
The executive does not see the point of fishing, she reckons she can be bored, cold, and grubby whenever she likes without needing to bother with the expense of fishing.
Last time I actually got her to come fishing was when she was 36 months pregnant and after trying everything else, tried to bore the little worm out. Didn't work.
Now 13 years later the little wormette is happy to come out in the canoe with me, as long as she can bring the 'special needs' labrador - not conducive to a restful fish, but usually pretty funny.
Someone else in an earlier post mentioned it and I'll 2nd the motion. We are partners, different bodies heading in the same direction as a team. It is good to have seperate and joint pursuits, I fish without her, and we hassle Le Kid to clean her room together. That said it would be nice to be with someone who understood why the Abu 5600C4 will not do the same job as the new Penn 850.
Now that both of the 'Shes' in my life are into surfing I may be able to work in a boat capable of getting out to Old Woman Island yet. (Not being sexist Mr. Moderator - that is it's name - It's off Marcoola @ the Sunny Coast.)

pebble_monkey
17-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Just bought a new boat under the pretence that it's for hubby ;D (i don't think i'm fooling him though:P ). I love my fishing, although my knowledge is appauling. I come from a non-fishing family that had a riverfront property ... so for lack of anything better to do i taught myself to fish and never stopped.
My partner and i always fish together and have been taking our kids (now 4 years old) fishing since they were about 1 (yes they are twins). I caught my first Mackeral just 2 weeks ago and got so excited that i decided a new boat was in order. Diving over the top of 2x4 year olds, tripping over an esky and all the rest of the crap on the floor, for my heavily bending rod did not impress me:-/.
Getting back on topic, I love fishing, and i think my partner loves the fact that I love fishing. If only for the reason that it's easy to buy me presents (pretty much anything he'd like for himself;) )
It's great to see so many others out there enjoying it too.

Cheers

Mr Rowdy
18-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I have to wonder why u would evan have to jusify woman fishing. My wife and I fish all the time it has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with passion. We love fishing. full stop. If anyone tells you otherwise why would you put up with it?

WHALEOIL
18-05-2007, 01:30 AM
My better half has just started fishing.
If it can be broken, it will be broken.
She is always falling over in the boat. I have a 5.3 mtr and I find myself cowering in a corner so I don't get hooked.
She never shuts up and asks the dumbest questions that aren't even related to fishing.
Her ability to tangle line is second to none
You know what? I think it would be more peacefull if I took a rampant Baboon on a red cordial diet and............................................... ...........I love it.

kingtin
18-05-2007, 11:25 AM
I think it would be more peacefull if I took a rampant Baboon on a red cordial diet and............................................... ...........I love it.

You love a rampant baboon? :o

Altogether boys and girls!..........to the tune of, "Tie me kangaroo down sport"

Bestiality's best, boys, bestiality's best
Love a wallaby ;D

kev

theoldlegend
18-05-2007, 04:13 PM
You know, all these posts have got me thinking.

It's been about 6 months since we had a Meet & Greet (M & G) as a result of this very same subject, and I really quite enjoyed the last one that was held at a venue not too far from me.

I wonder?? Should we do it again??

Maybe I should put up something under the M & G thread? Perhaps we could commandeer an area of public land somewhere, get the Breaker Girls to cavort about the place like nymphs of the forest and just sit back and enjoy ourselves.

Any suggestions??

TOL

WHALEOIL
19-05-2007, 12:27 AM

Altogether boys and girls!..........to the tune of, "Tie me kangaroo down sport"

Love a wallaby ;D

kev

Maybe you misinterpreted the post Kev?
I would hate to think you are calling my partner a baboon, or bestiality may infer that she is some sort of an animal?

Davemclean
19-05-2007, 12:32 AM
I took me mum fishing, as she was getting run ragged by my brother and sister's arguing, I rigged up a six foot rod with a light leger rig, and got her catching the small fish at the margin of the river, she had 60 of these small fish and thoroughly enjoyed, I put her onto the small fish, as they bite fast and had plenty of practice timing her strikes

PinHead
19-05-2007, 05:40 AM

It's been about 6 months since we had a Meet & Greet (M & G) as a result of this very same subject, and I really quite enjoyed the last one that was held at a venue not too far from me.

Maybe I should put up something under the M & G thread? Perhaps we could commandeer an area of public land somewhere, get the Breaker Girls to cavort about the place like nymphs of the forest and just sit back and enjoy ourselves.

Any suggestions??

TOL

yes..would be good to do it again..you should approach the owners of the webby shrine regarding an encore of the original.

as for the breaka girls, I don't like your chances..perhaps you could get the Ausfish women that fish to cavort around and failing that I really think your best chance to see anyone cavorting or anything close to it would be the GOM with a bellyful of Green Ginger.

daz apps
19-05-2007, 04:52 PM
hi there..
1..should be more of it

2..would be dissapointed if she wasnt

3...(no reason that a man is better that a woman),,being beaten by a woman in fishing is good ,,but not by a stick

4..nothing wrong with advice if you know what you are talking about :)

GIRLS

KAREN,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1..most happy who i go fishing with

2..nu ,,we just do it togeather,,thats how it is

3..yep

4..medium

kingtin
19-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Maybe you misinterpreted the post Kev?
I would hate to think you are calling my partner a baboon, or bestiality may infer that she is some sort of an animal?

No mate, you said:

"I think it would be more peacefull if I took a rampant Baboon on a red cordial diet and............................................... ...........I love it."

Love what? The rampant baboon?

Now to interpret what you said, one could safely assume that you are inferring that a rampant baboon was more peaceful than your partner and "you love it"

Now I took that as a joke, just as surely as you would expect us readers to take your words as a joke, and likewise, I would think that you would take my quip as a joke. If you were to interpret my words as anything else, particularly as I used smilies whereas you didn't, then ask yourself, why should I not interpret your words differently.

Lighten up man.

kev

Great White
19-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Any suggestions??

TOL
We would love to do a WTF again, just throw some dates around and we can see what suits. The only problem I noted from the last one was that there were more guys than girls turn up ;D

Great White
19-05-2007, 08:47 PM
yes..would be good to do it again..you should approach the owners of the webby shrine regarding an encore of the original.

as for the breaka girls, I don't like your chances..perhaps you could get the Ausfish women that fish to cavort around and failing that I really think your best chance to see anyone cavorting or anything close to it would be the GOM with a bellyful of Green Ginger.

I am planning some serious work on the Webby Shrine in the up comming weeks so we may be able to unveil it at the WTF M & G keep the reply clean pinhead I can see a can of worms being let open here ;D ;D ;D

Houndslair
20-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Years ago my partner never fished..these days she is the first in the boat and last out..day after day..really feel sorry for those blokes whose partner doesn't fish

Carl Chao
22-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh, my misses is always with me when I go fishing. At many occasions, she caught more than I did because I kept servicing her, e.g. tie the hook, release fish, cut bait etc. Any she think she is better than me on fishing.

Be honest, it could be a good and bad thing. You can fish, which is good, but you cannot fish without her, which is bad.

Hope she would not jump up and read my post………….

Carl

Tailortaker
22-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I sometime wish that my missus would like fishing. If she did I might be able to get out more often rather than her sookin about. But seriously I like her to join me.

mini696
22-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I wish I never taught my girlfriend how to fish, we have only gone 3 times and she is beating me 8 to 3. Yes she keeps score.

Nah not really.

Its great that she is interested and that she trusts me to teach her. I should have the boat back soon so we'll be able to go out on that too. Its another thing I can teach her to do too.

She loves to camp also, we just spent $1000 on gear to update out camping stock, so BCF is our favourite stor to browse through.

theoldlegend
22-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Memo to GW & Herm;

Any ideas? How's the shrine going? I guess I'm available most times.

TOL

theoldlegend
22-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Tried to edit the last post, but didn't seem to work. Silly me. Used to be a public servant you know. No skills.

Was going to add that we'd need some high class talent such as Webby and Pinhead, provided Pinhead gets his visa to enter the Redlands at the bridge at Tingalpa Creek on Rickerts Road. Sue's attendance is a given of course.

Chimo, where are you? We would need you as well. Webby? You're a given of course. Charlie? Get your bum into gear. We could show these young chickens what the GOM club is all about. Finga? Special invite mate.

Leave the Breaka Girls to me. I'll see if I can get them to do a bit of cavorting around the place, especially around the shrine. It's all a distant memory, but I'm sure I could reminisce in time.

TOL

Marlin_Mike
22-06-2007, 04:21 PM
My wife loves fishing and driving the boat.
And she has a knack of beating me at fishing when she goes out..........:(

Mike

Great White
22-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Memo to GW & Herm;

Any ideas? How's the shrine going? I guess I'm available most times.

TOL

TOL it looks about the same as last time you were over LOL ;D ;D ;D Webby refuses to let me cover him in plaster for the finishing touches :o :o :o

May need to get serious with finishing the pizza oven or it means free pizzas to a few friends, I made a bet with them that it would be finished by Christmas :P I guess I never stated which year so I may have a loop hole yet ;)

Great White
22-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Should look something like this when finished :D

Sea-Dog
23-06-2007, 09:55 AM

Love a wallaby ;D

kev

Oh you're a crackup Kev......;D;D;D

My missus doesn't like fishing at all, says she isn't interested in coming out with me and the kids. But she keeps nagging at me to get my boat fixed, so that I can go. But whenever I talk about actually spending money to get the boat fixed - I'm the worst b@st@rd on earth.

I even suggested that I forget the boat and just go on an occasional charter to satisfy my addiction...... "What..... $150 just to go fishing - what a waste of money"

Even though I have to fix my transom (& maybe stringers) as well as get a new outboard, all up around $10K - she's keen on me doing that. :o

I just don't understand :confused:

Is there some sort of magic pill that I can give her that will open her mind to fishing???

If she was keen on going out, I wouldn't get a case of the guilts every time that I thought about going fishing.

Chimo
23-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi Sea Dog

Re yours

Apparently there is no pill available for this, I too have been unsuccessfully searching for it too.

All is not lost tho, as its been explained to me, we should go fishing etc and take kids or who ever else is in the house so that the-o-half has the the house to her self and is left in peace and quiet to do whatever she will / wishes.

It must be repeated; do not feel guilty, just go; this is her wish. You may not be told this in so many words but it is the way of the world.

Also buy flowers for no reason, (forgot to include cause you love her) , never buy them if you feel guilty or have been bad! Birthdays etc are OK too. Also buy her other useful gifts such as motorbikes that even if she chooses not to ride you still can! Never tried buying her rods etc, thats probably going too far.

Enjoy........

Cheers
Chimo GOM; (survivor, 34th yr )

craigathome
23-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I love it that my wife loves to fish I can"t imagine a better fishing partner

lenthals_barra
24-06-2007, 06:39 PM
hey is there any 18-21 year old girls on here that fish?

Houndslair
24-06-2007, 06:44 PM
My wife fishes with me any time she wants...she just came back from a week at the swains with 9 other guys and fished all day every day...its great..only trouble is that you generally have to buy two of everything

imnotoriginal
24-06-2007, 07:07 PM
hey is there any 18-21 year old girls on here that fish?

Nice work LB. I'd be interested in meeting them too;D
Joel

lenthals_barra
27-06-2007, 08:35 AM
haha worth a try ay mate

mangrove dan
27-06-2007, 07:52 PM
The big question is how do you get the mrs to go fishing more often, but still have the boys trips without her getting dirty?? It's not like going to the pub - she can't really have a girls weekend out in the boat.....just yet!!

themissus
28-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Yep Mangrove Dan, I dont like being left at home. I might miss out on some good fishing action:( :P >:(
Cheers Kim.

Nic
28-06-2007, 12:29 PM
The big question is how do you get the mrs to go fishing more often, but still have the boys trips without her getting dirty?? It's not like going to the pub - she can't really have a girls weekend out in the boat.....just yet!!

Just tell her it's a great opportunity to do girly stuff with her girlfriends. Shopping marathons... nights out on the town... it's all good. :) Guys and girls have to hang out with their mates occasionally, it's bad form to bring your partner to everything.

Leeann
28-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Ahhh.... but the Lady Fisher's Awoonga comp is coming up in November. There are a lot of girls having a girls weekend away then ;D