PDA

View Full Version : raby bay ramp bandits strike again

aido
15-02-2004, 02:28 PM
hi, went out fishing friday night about 7pm, had a nice
fish and nap around peel island sth west rocks, sun up
around myora and later on to harry artificial.
usual bag of sweetlip and squire. a few sharks and rays
around the s/w rocks. :( :(

returned to raby bay ramp today at about 3pm, sigh of
relief motoring up to the ramp, car and trailer still there.
soon replaced by bewilderment as the maverick sat there
with the windows down, doors unlocked and $hit everywhere.
not too much there to steal, can of finileak, loose change,
radio speakers half removed.
phew, could've been worse, last time they got the car and
trailer, never to be seen again. :o :o :o

if only i could catch these @rseholes, they'd be dead meat.
i work shift work, and since my last 'missfortune' do an
impromtu car park inspection if i'm around in the bewitching
hours. never got one yet, but their day of reconning will come.

luckily they missed my glock killing knife under the seat,
that could the one mistake they will regret. ;D ;D ;D.

ramp rats beware.

Double_Whammy
15-02-2004, 02:49 PM
yer I can see wat ur saying here aido #Scott Mathews and I were fishing at the gold coast about 2 yr ago now and came back to find (or not find rather) that his cruzer and trailer had been taken by some1 who obviously needed it more then Scott :( hence I had to dive back to brisbane and take my boat off me trailer while he waited at the boat ramp lol so we could get his boat back to strathpine *wat a day that was * and to make things worse I dont think we caught that many fish that day either :(

jeffo
15-02-2004, 03:02 PM
id set em up hey... do it again next weekend but sit just round the corner... even if it takes all night it will be worth it ;D

michael_Brewer
15-02-2004, 03:18 PM
bloody oxygen thieves :-/ :-/ :-/

hicksy
16-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Wello Point is just as bad lost all my wheel covers after an overnighter, might join one of the boat clubs so I can lock my car up in a compound from now on.
Anyone got any prices and info for the one at Raby Bay? :-*
Hicksy

Needmorerum
16-02-2004, 05:13 PM
I've got a fairly well kitted out 80 series Cruiser that was built to do the long haul out west and for towing the boat all around this great country of ours, 6 months ago I bought a new Stacer Proline Angler and they come with a trailer that has 'pretty' white wheels and 'pretty' white plastic mudguards, (offroad trailer yet to be built) since owning this I haven't been game to leave it at any of our 'out of the way' dirt ramps, I normally get the missus to come out with me and launch the boat and then she goes home, I then ring her to come and pick me up. If I end up waiting 10-20 minutes for her to get there, thats fine, at least I know that I'm going home with everything that I left with. It's such a pitty that these ferrals have turned our great country into what they have. I would be more than happy to assist someone in setting up these ferrals to enable them to get there just deserved.
Hope you catch what your 'fishing' for!!!

Cheers
Corry

coasty
27-03-2004, 03:40 PM
my mate lost his car and trailer at woy woy. he went home to get his old trailer and when he got back the boat was gone. it was found up near port macquarie heading north. they took his car and waited for him to come back hoping he would leave the boat. they backed up and took it as well.
think they got 12 months. what a waste

addallads
01-04-2004, 07:22 AM
SET THE TRAP TURN THE LOWLIFE SCUM BAGS INTO "BERLY" FEED THE FISH THEY GET BIGGER! IS BITTER FOR THE HOOKUP

ADS

lordy
03-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Makes you want to arrange some vigilante group and have a stake out over a couple of night. Probably end up catching some 16 year old kid, who gets off with a good behaviour bond while you go to gaol for grabbing him in the act.

grinder
03-04-2004, 05:27 PM
next time take your glock pistol may be more help

Muddie
07-04-2004, 07:55 PM
this sort of thing is happening more and more these days,a set up would be a good idea,leave a wallet a packet of cigarets and a box on the back seat to tempt them and sit in the darkness with a couple of mates and see what happens [smiley=curtain.gif]

Dingo
08-04-2004, 05:07 PM
What do you do with your boat if trailer is stolen?

What a horrible thought

Muddie
09-04-2004, 01:31 PM
read coastys report on page 1.....dont leave your boat unattended in that situation

Churbro
25-04-2004, 05:08 PM

What a horrible thought

it happen to my old man a few years back at the same ramp at raby bay, came back after a great days fishing and the tralier to our 20 ft mustang was gone, had to head into the canal's and try to find a house with a pontoon that wasn't being used till we could find a second hand trailer to buy....
I just had a tralier made for my little boat and there is know way I'll ever leave it at a ramp.

cheers chris

MY-TopEnder
26-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Ummm heres a thought... why not take the kill switch key? it won't stop them but it'll slow them down. I'm in luck being able to just take the fuel line with me because i have a portable tank but even still there has to be some way of doing it.

After reading this i'm a bit worried about parking my worked commodore there with the trailer now.. :S

bungie
27-04-2004, 05:24 AM

What a horrible thought

Ring a tow company, let them know you that your trailer was stolen and they will need a few tyres to support the boat.

aido
27-04-2004, 12:20 PM
when my car and trailer were pinched from raby bay ramp,
none of the tow companies could help me or recommend
any one who could, (supply a recovery trailer), amazing.

had to get the missuses car and do the rounds next day.
the nice guys at leisure marine lent me a trailer for the day.

thisbig
02-06-2004, 06:36 PM
maybe set the $hit heads up buy running 240volts through the car and trailer.sit back and watch the fireworks.dont forget the video camera for the great photos that could be posted.

reefraider_II
08-06-2004, 07:22 AM
had my car and trailer stolen at jacobs well about 2 years ago .Trailer was found dumped later that day but most boat hire places normally have one or two spare or know of someone.The bloke at jacobs well put it on a trailer for me called the cops and parked it in a secure area next to the shop.Got back after finding my trailer and took 30 minutes to move all the stuff he had barricaded it with to stop people getting at it.Car was found wrapped around power pole after police chase 3 days later.What made it worse is that the little carnts went all the way to jcobs well in the middle of no where to steal a car but kahrma reared its ugly head and treated the little champs to a long stint in hospital and a new frown on their face they could no longer remove. Justice was served

SeaHunt
09-06-2004, 07:21 AM
And I would be visiting them in hospital as well [smiley=smash.gif]

reefraider_II
10-06-2004, 09:02 AM
i tried but they were juvenilles and police couldnt tell me who they were...infact the police had a mechanic go over the car to see if anything had failled like the brakes or if any mods were illegal . apparently they could take me to court if my breaks were faulty or if my vehicle was not road worthy and the fact is they stole it???figure that one out!!