PDA

View Full Version : Burrum Thieves / Knee-capping required

zedjack33
13-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Had a fair weekend at Burrum Heads with the wife and kids. Having breakfast this morning I had a bit of gear leaning up against the boat, getting ready to dismantle and head off home. Not more than ten foot from the breakfast table in broad daylight, some low-life shithead of a cretin decided they needed my gear more than I did.

Stolen :- Berkley pistol grip bait-caster (black) mounted with a Daiwa low profile bait-caster loaded with spider wire.

Penn boat rod (black and blue) mounted with a Butterworth egg-beater loaded with yellow mono.

Morrum graphite overhead rod (black, cork handle, bloody nice rod) mounted with a Daiwa Millionaire loaded with grey/black braid.

Many other people had property stolen also, the cops certainly have their hands full with this many dickheads there.

If your out there, thanks allot prick for stuffing up my families Easter.

Cheers Zedjack33 (back to the old handlines now!!!!)

bubba
13-04-2004, 12:20 PM
well that really bites the big one dont it???? There seems to b a lot of that going on mate! can send bubba's lations up there to sort em out!!!! hope u and rob and the kids had a great weekend apart from that. Talk to u soon mate, c ya!!!

Gorilla_in_Manila
13-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Shit Zedjack, sorry to hear that.
Think it happens to just about everyone at some stage though. We had half a dozen rods and 3 reels half inched in one quick grab one night a few years ago. Cops seem to be too busy to do anything about it or don't give a shit. The couple of times weve reported something, we've just been blown off with something like, "We've got a good idea of who might have done this, we'll check it out and get back to you if we find something."
May as well have just said, "They're gone mate, unless someone walks in and hands them to us, you will just have to get over it."
My brother was up at Burrum middle of last year and was saying there appeared to be a bunch of drips hanging around Hervey Bay and he had heard they lift stuff quicker than a hydraulic jack, but he seemed to think Burrum was relatively free of them. Guess they drifted up there to rip off the holiday crowd just like they do down Northern NSW.
Bloody oxygen theives.
Cheers
Jeff

Needmorerum
13-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Zedjack, what can I say, a blokes worst nightmare is to have this happen, hopefully one day there time will come and someone will catch them, I busted a young girl trying to break into the passenger side of my car while I was leaning on the drivers side front gaurd, I guess the thought of trust these days isn't worth contemplating.

Condolences,
Corry

darren
13-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Seems to be the only thing cashconverters are good for junkies flogging off good stuff for nothing had same thing happen to me 3 yrs ago 4 rods 2 swags and a compound bow sorry to hear of yours but hey hopefully Karma will get the buzzards

zedjack33
13-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Jeff your right about being oxygen thieves! I could understand if left them out all night, that I could handle, but just being a few feet away from 4 adults and 3 kids???? The bloody hide! Don’t get me wrong, it’s a lovely place, we all enjoyed ourselves. Beer was cold and still got some quality whiting and bream. The cops gave me the same comments as yourself, “we’ve got a good idea, we’ll let you know”. Just don’t lie and tell me the truth and say you should kiss em goodbye. Anyway, I have got in touch with the good people in the Burrum Heads fishing club, that probably a better chance than the local bobby!

Corry your dead right, trust just gets Pi*#@d out the window now days. And people wonder why I have a low thresh hold when it comes to putting up with a#@holes.

There, that’s of my chest now.
Hey Bubba, I’m not sure I would unleash any of your lations, that sound just that wee bit too scary.

Cheers Zedjack
PS. my eyes are peeled!

zedjack33
13-04-2004, 04:29 PM
I really like the idea of Karma Darren. But doesnt that take some of the fun of it out. Like Pummelling the poo poo out of them???? (just kidding, I'm really a nice guy) ;D

Cheers Zedjack33

zedjack33
19-02-2005, 06:42 AM
the Burrum comp is coming up again. Watch ya gear, lock it away!!!!!

Keep and eye out for a snotty little turd with a millionaire etc (previousley stated above)

>:(

slugo
21-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the warning zedjack.33 im heading to burrum on wednesday i will let my mate know who just shifted in the area. hopefully i will only have to keep my eyes open watching the rod bend and not for a (dirt bag thief) :'(

ps ..when is the comp on

CHEERS
LEN

zedjack33
22-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Think the comp is easter long weekend.

Nothing against the comp or the organiser etc. They run a bloody good family comp actually.
Just a pitty about some of the dickheads around!