PDA

View Full Version : Stolen pots - Jumpinpin

sharkbait
18-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Well, I never thought it would happen to me :-/

All 8 pots (mine and a mates) are gone from the one area (Cobby passage vicinity). There were 2 pro pots and the rest home made from fencing wire, although theres no point in describing them as I believe they are now sunk in the bottom of the passage.

I believe we got too close to the action as we did very well over the weekend and decided to leave them in until today, which 'I think' has pissed off one of the pros.

Well at least now i know we were in the right area - just have to sink them next time :-X

Kris (Very Angry!)

MICHAELG
18-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Bad luck Kris

I always sink mine, but still have lost some. Most of guys I know down there do the same.
Helpful hint
Dont put them in any creek mouths(same as a float on it)unless you can sit and watch them
Put in a open area(out from the mouth) with a rope tied to a brick/weight. Use a reef pick to locate. most of the time you will hook the rope.
Michael

sharkbait
18-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Cheers Michael, but why not in a creek mouth?

Kris

mackmauler
18-11-2004, 02:16 PM
cause people know to troll them with reef picks kris. ;)

craigie
18-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Bloody thieving parstic scum sucking #######s !!!!

Crappy stuff Kris, welcome to the team :'(

Let's hope what goes around comes around

Craigie.

Big_Muddie
19-11-2004, 04:27 AM
Kris,

Pros have been a bit quiet around the Pin area for the past few months. No doubt with the warmer weather and the recent rains they will be out in force.

The area I crab down there usually has 3 or so pros working it - I know most and they are OK. There is one bad lot though - 2 mongrels who moved in earlier this year. They assaulted another pro in Duck Ck back in June - rammed his boat and took to him with oars.

During some recent scouting trips into Cobby, I saw them in there - and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are the culprits in your case.

My brother and I now carry a couple of "agricultural implement handles" - purely to plant mangrove seedlings of course - or anything else that may deserve "planting". Haven't needed to plant anything so far, but we are prepared.

sharkbait
19-11-2004, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the comments fellas,

Interesting to hear about the 'rogue crabbers'. Funny, I didnt think there would be any crabs worth fighting over in June.

Well, maybe I'll stick to sandies in the bay from now on...

SEAHUNTHUNTER
09-01-2005, 09:01 AM
I carry a ulbee for this purpose.( ulbee f***** if I hit you with it)

Bowdler
06-03-2005, 03:40 AM
they do piss u off u goin out to have some enjoyment and next thing u no all your shit is goin it is crap

shano
09-03-2005, 02:29 PM
had the same thing happen in the same area! thing is i dropped the pots then remembered i forgot something at the ramp so i returned to the ramp. then made my way back to the pots and bugger me dead .... there gone... all in a matter of 15 mins! i saw a boat up further so i went up to it and asked if he saw anything but he said no. funny thing is his boat was full of pots!