PDA

View Full Version : Mongrel Bribie Thieves

Fisher_Boats
23-03-2005, 03:36 AM
A guy came up from Victoria and picked up his new Fisher Boat. Stayed at the caravan park at Bongaree While he was here he had all his fishing gear stolen out of his boat and 4wd at the caravan park. >:( $3,500 worth.
Nothing is safe these days. I'm waiting for a description of his gear so we can keep an eye out for it.
Lock up your gear no matter where you are guys!!
Take pics of it if you can and keep them in a safe place. His insurance doesn't want to know about.

Col

Big_unit
23-03-2005, 04:49 AM
If having your gear knocked off aint bad enough, then the insurance you have payed for, wont do their job. Theives should be beaten into pulverisation nothing less than an intensive care job.

Hope something works out for the guy.

Cheers
James.

Fisher_Boats
23-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Yeh James I agree [smiley=behead.gif]
The guys pretty devastated

Cheers Col

propdinger
23-03-2005, 08:14 AM
household insurance should cover his rods and reels etc so i have found out recently

Spaniard_King
23-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Be care full about household insurance, some companies need the stuff to be stolen from ya house....some times I wonder who are the worst thieves ::)

Garry

Fisher_Boats
24-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Propdinger,

Isn't it an option or extra to insure your gear when it's not at your house??

Maybe it's different with different insurance companies, will have to find out.
Probably something we should all know.

The buggers always try and find a way around paying up #:(
#

Col

Jeremy
01-04-2005, 04:11 AM
feel sorry for anyone who had $3500 worth of fishing gear stolen, but pretty silly leaving expensive gear like that sitting in his boat and 4WD, especially at holliday times. Its a pain, but I always take anything valuable which can easily be removed out of my boat whenever I leave it on the street, even if it is only to duck in to the store.

BTW, I have paid extra with my insurance company to insure personal items such as my fishing gear away from the house.

Jeremy

NeMo84
06-04-2005, 06:42 AM
yeh thats bloody terrible, a mans fishing gear is sacred, i just hope the bloke sees him on a jetty one day using his gear and knocks the prick out and chucks him over the edge...hope you do get it back mate.

mattooty
17-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Just don't tall the insurance companies where it was taken from. As far as they know it coulda been taken from anywhere.....lol. dunno wether it would work, probably not tho.

Teddywaddy
16-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I had fishing gear stolen at Stoney Point in Vic, it was stolen from our boat & onsite van. We claimed on our home contents insurance policy, had to say that the annex was a fixed annex & boat was lockable, got all new gear, sold caravan & boat.

shano
19-06-2005, 05:31 PM
a mate was staying at the same caravan park at easter! some thing happened! all gear stolen from his boat! about $2000 worth of heavy game gear! the next night he slept in the boat with his base ball bat incase of a return! he said that he heard it happens all the bloody time there!