PDA

View Full Version : Pensioners boat trailer stolen from TCB ramp

Wear_the_fox_hat
18-10-2005, 09:26 AM
This is probably in the wrong section, but more chances of people seeing it here & probably worth a comment.

Yesterday, my parents who are pensioners & love to go fishing for the mighty whiting at Tin Can Bay, had their boat trailer nicked from the ramp while they were having a fish. Naturally, they are pretty downheartened at the moment. To make matters worse, dad had just put new springs & wobble rollers with brackets on the trailer & sadly the trailer wasn't insured.

Many thanks to Cliff at the Tin Can Bay VMR for the loan of an old trailer he is doing up. At least they were able to get the boat out of the water & moved under cover for the night. Cliff did this after organising a stand-by to come in & releive him from his VMR duties so he could help my parents.

To the cretin/s that took the trailer, if you have a heart, leave the trailer somewhere it can be found & returned & don't ever cross my line of sight. Surely you could see that the people that owned the boat & trailer were elderly.

If any Ausfish members have seen an older looking Redco trailer to suit a 14ft runabout with new black wobble rollers & arms & new springs in the Tin Can Bay area or anywhere for that matter, rego number PM8145, please contact me.

Many thanks,
Ken

tincanpeter
18-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I hope they catch the dirty rotten bbbb's. A person should be able to feel that he can leave his trailer in such a public place and it will be safe. i will keep my eye open.

cabfisher
18-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear of your plite. But it always pays to lock up everything to stop this sort of thing . But I do hope that your fokes get there trailor back .
It make you think about one of those trailor lock from, Ausfish aey
Cheers Harry

imported_admin
18-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Sadly this is a far to common occurance. Even if it was insured your insurance company may not pay up unless you protect it with a suitable trailer lock.

Those that do have insurance should check the fine print of their policy

Use a Trailer Lock like the following

http://www.ausfish.com.au/images/cm351.jpg

Available at http://www.ausfish.com.au/trailer/

FNQCairns
18-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Sadly they probably only took it for the new stuff it had - but!.

I registered a trailer not long ago, I built it and it has had the boat on it for the last year and a half while I have been rebuilding so it looked old with 3 rough coats of killrust, stains, all the fittings have that weathered look about them and the gal rims etc have dulled.

Anyway nobody at transport batted an eyelid over such a non new looking trailer being registered as a brand new trailer. I was ready for that fight :o.

I would guess that all the thieves need to do is grind the numbers off, unpop the plate, paint the trailer and call it new. I would have gotten away with it if mine was a stolen trailer.

Hope they get it back but I wouldn't hold my breath, best to move on, there really is none looking after us in government today.

cheers fnq

Wello_Pete
18-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Insurance will not pay unless you have taken precautions, which includes a lock as detailed above. I cannot stress this highly enough. It is a very small investment (and think of it as an investment rather than an expense) and you get very good peace of mind. If everyone had one of these locks the slimy thieves would be out of business

Cheers

Wear_the_fox_hat
18-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys for the responses & everybody else just for reading the thread. It was pleasing to see that so many people took the time to have a look with the slim hope that maybe someone had seen something. I imagine he's going to have change his ways after having fished from Tin Can Bay for the last 60 something years.

Maybe when he saw the trailer was missing, he cried "WEAR THE FOX HAT" ;)

Thanks again,
Ken

Big_unit
18-10-2005, 10:40 PM
pm sent mate.

Cheers
James

Darryl
21-10-2005, 07:28 AM
I reckon we should all chip in a few bucks and get him another one.

I know i would be happy too.