PDA

View Full Version : How quick is this

barraboy2
19-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Just back home from Bohle boat ramp after putting crab pots in, away from car #1 hour 20 minuts while putting pots in and to get back and find no spot lights or aerials left on the car. >:(
Merry Xmas to them all. :)
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

land_based
19-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Sorry to hear that mate, these people just have no brains at all, i know what i would have done with the aerial if i caught them >:( >:( >:(

al_neibling
20-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Bastards.....................................

They wont want to let me see them trying to flog my stuff, I go there all the time.

thanks for the heads up

Al

MIKOS
20-12-2005, 07:46 AM
That awful barra boy,

God if only that they would buy a boat or maybe go fishing instead of knocking off other people property who have worked had to get. ::)

Hope you find it.

Keep an eye out for those spotties and aerial cause there is a good chance that the theives are local.

If they are stupid and desperate enough to commit a crime like that then they are stupid enough to fit them to there own vehicle.

Cheers

MIKOS ;)

juicyfruit
20-12-2005, 07:53 AM
~S~ I remember a time when we never locked the house, in fact left the front door open. Left notes for tradesmen to say we have ducked out for x amount of time and just go on in. Never locked the car at the carpark. Less of all worried about leaving the boat unattended whilst going into the bait n tackle shop, or leaving the trailer and car at the boat ramp.

Sorry to hear that you got hit at the boat ramp and hope it doesnt deter you from going crabbing.

I know that local council hasnt caught on to boat ramp carpark security yet.

Juicy

Louis
20-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear of the theft Barraboy.

Theft from around the carparks at boat ramps certainly does seem to becoming a bigger and bigger problem.

Perhaps report the incident to your local water police so they are aware of the problem and can make patrols of the car parks at boat ramps.

Louis

cooky
20-12-2005, 02:18 PM
that truely sucks. Being from and living in townsville, theft really sh*ts me. Funny thing is, I'm finding most people are almost becoming acceptant of it. I left a steel beer cooler on my nature strip the other day to get my 2 kids from the park about 30 metres away. Came back 10 minutes later - was facing the other way watching kids. Beer bottle left with no cooler.

After having running shoes stolen out of the back of my ute. Evakool and tackle box from boat in front yard. House broken into and car stolen (with keys from inside house whilst family asleep). Office broken into. in last 18months, I truely pity the person / people I find attempting to steal something from me in the future :-?

Interesting that when you say "left esky in boat" or "stinky shoes in back of ute" or "keys where you can find them in house" that people will generally say "jeez, you should have known that was going to happen" or "what did you expect?".

Certainly a respresentation of the way society is heading.

When the police found my 4x4 hidden in the bush about 10 minutes from my house, we went down there and were at a fence about 300 metres away waiting for forensic when this old man on a bicyle rides past, the police stop him and ask him what he has in bike carrier and sure enough he had a few items from my ute tray. He certainly wasn't the bloke that stole the car, but opportunity beckons.

the view seems to be if it aint locked away or you're not watching it, then it's fair game for anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised if you tell someone your story and they say "mate that sucks, but you should have expected that down the bohle - happens all the time"

I bet you're pissed off that you were away for such a short time and didn't catch them.

ahjayem
20-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Barraboy2. Being a Townsville local as well, I’ve heard of it happening before. I don’t know if anyone has ever been caught or dealt with legally or in a one to one situation. Some people have even had their vehicles broken into, with gear being stolen. Local council, (Thuringowa) should consider installing video surveillance cameras like the Townsville City Council has recently done at the National Park ramp into Ross River. It might be worth giving the Thuringowa Council a call and reporting your loss.

Fortunately, in all of my years boating and fishing the only thing that I personally lost was a brand new prop from my 115 Evinrude which was parked in my backyard, beside a school ground. My son however lost a cast net from the back yard of our present home as well.

Tight lines

RJM

bushbeachboy
20-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Barraboy that truly sux. I'm assuming you were there yesterday Monday 19th Dec between about 7 and 9pm? Are the times about right? I live locally and I'm often down there in the early evening. What sort of spotties? Any markings on them to identify them as yours? They might come again about this time, having been successful this trip. You should report this to the Deeragun Copshop. Maybe they can organise some patrols.

2DKnBJ
20-12-2005, 10:14 PM
That's a damn pain in the arse Barraboy.
Unfortunatly these pr1cks know wich ramps to hit.The isolated ones.
20 yrs back mum would drive me down to the ramp......mud slide at bushland,launch the boat and leave the trailer there all day.
Mind you there was a period there when there was no access to that area due to the land being fenced off unless you were a local and were given a key.
I was lucky.I had a key.
I think it would more than likley be someone local that knocked your gear off.
Cheers Dazza

barraboy2
21-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Bushbeachboy Yes you guest the time right.The lights were 7" Narva long range spots and yes I did report it to the police who were at my home in 20 minutes to inspect the car, they informed me that a patrol had been at the boat ramp while I was out putting the pots in, so they already do patrol the boat ramps but with one car to look after the area #from the Bohle to Rollingstone, its a big ask, its a shame the police missed the buggers on the patrol. #Thanks for all the support from everyone. #Have a great Christmas #:) #