PDA

View Full Version : How many people do this

blaze
06-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I did it professionley for a couple of years
Take digi pics of all your household goods, shed, boat cars etc, including rooms of house, record all serial Nos in a word doc or spreadsheet and burn it all to cd or dvd. I carry one copy in my car, one in the wifes car and one locked in the office. Update it once a year.
Takes a lot of the problems away when dealing with insurance companies when when you are asked for a desciption by the police you can show them pics.
I used to photoghraph a lot of antique collections and even the contents of a church once
cheers
blaze

Wello_Pete
06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey Blaze

Another thing I do is to record everything in my wallet on a database, so if the wallet goes astray I have the details handy about credit cards,drivers licence, etc including the number and expiry date

Cheers

mako_5.2
07-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Sounds like something I should do. we took photos but they will just burn with the rest. My brother inlaws ex burn't his house down after she moved out.Long story but the insurance company did not like giving money out thats for sure.

blaze
07-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Like I say , I did it for a couple of years before burners and digi cameras become household items. Purchased the first 2 digi cameras in tassie. The only people I found that wernt real keen on the idea was the insurance companies. IMO the reason for that was they could not argue the value down on the property in question.
cheers
blaze

mini696
09-04-2005, 06:30 AM
I have taken a video of my CD and DVD collection as well as the rest of the stuff in the house. I zoomed in on serial numbers. But its only a temporary solution until I get off my butt and do it properly.

Rainbowrunner
26-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Ill have to go and borrow all my friends and neighbours stuff to put in the house and then go around with the digital camera.................... ;D

Jeff_Hardy
19-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Great idea to record the details of what's in your wallet ;)

backhoe
21-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Another way is to send files of the photos to an email address and leave them there, that way you don't have to worry about losing a disc, just the email system crashing!

Needmorerum
22-08-2005, 08:39 PM
I have scanned all the receipts for our gear, and taken photo's of it all and put it on a CD along with scanned copies of our drivers licences, marriage certificate, trade certificates, birth certificates for us and the kids, bank details and any other pieces of info that you can't live without, and given a copy to my Mother in Law, my Mum and Dad, and our solicitor with our will.

Corry

robersl
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
i just took photo;s of all thehouseold goods and got a copy printed and left at the relo,s only trouble is my fishing gear is worth more than the household goods

once_bitten
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
ive had to put in a claim when the shed got done over ins didn't even try to not pay up video works fine but at the same time i now have pics of everything expensive along with serial numbers and copy of reciepts

McCod
09-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Not doing it ... but sounds like the go.... gotta save a lot of grief when trying to make a claim.

mattooty
29-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Mako 5.2, does that mean ur brother inlaws ex was ur sister? ;D
Matt

aussiefool
02-10-2005, 02:54 AM
I have every thing in my place photoed.. well I took a photo of the outside on the day we move in that counts i think? ;)

-Sharp
12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
that's a top idea i plan on doing that now to everything in my boat, and burn to DVD

revs57
15-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the tip Blaze...will get right on it

Cheers

Rhys

JEWIENEWIE
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Just take a walk through harvey norman, take a few snaps of the best gear you can get,
bobs your uncle!