PDA

View Full Version : Unwelcome Visitors

timbacutta
21-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Woke up early yesterday morning to find that some lowlife scum had stolen my wallet, digital camera and my cigs from the computer table in the lounge room sometime overnight. #>:( Obviously not fishermen or drinkers as they didn't take any of my baitcasters or bottles of rum (thankfully) that were closeby.

Spent the whole day yesterday sorting things out. Deadset pain in the bum when all your identification is in the wallet that was stolen. Had to get door locks changed as spare door key was in wallet, but no problems due to understanding landlord.

Hopefully insurance will cover losses, but a bit reluctant at the moment. Will find out more in the next couple of days.

Incident happened in Gladstone, so will be checking out those shops in the area that don't sell "dodgy" gear, if you get my drift.

Digital camera that was pinched was a Pentax Optio WPi (Waterproof), Silver in colour and Serial No. 9003678 with Sandisk 512mb (SD) Fash Card in a Grey/Black camera case. Camera was less than 2 months old. #:'(

So if any fellow Ausfishers are out and about and see this camera, contact the boys in blue and hopefully they will arrest the lowlife.

Thanks Jeff.

P.S. Going on holidays fishing and drinking down the Sunny Coast area for a couple weeks starting this weekend so hopefully things are on the up. Cyclone, Cyclone go away.

gone_phishin
22-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Bad luck Jeff , that's an absolute p*ss off >:(

How is the boat since getting it fixed?

Met you over at BP in November with BSFC :)

Regards
Geoff

timbacutta
24-03-2006, 08:47 AM
gone-phisin,

Thanks for the thoughts Geoff, boat has been going fine since the early hiccups. Dealer fixed up the problems so all is well. Hopefully see you at Bris.SFC. comp at Bribie next weekend.

Jeff.