PDA

View Full Version : this will make you feel better

lucylass
13-03-2006, 02:14 PM
dont you love it when you do catch them
a couple of weeks ago we were down the road when our business alarm went off which is does sometimes...

we didnt quite rush back.. but when we did hubby looked across the water and said isnt that one of our dinghies over there.

he jumped into our work boat and went over. next thing i see hime doing donuts with the dinghy in tow, and three people in it

thinking he was assisting the three guys rather in a strange way i also jumped into a work boat to make sure things were ok

on getting there, there was three very stupid looking guys in the dinghy with all there fishing gear. when i asked hubby what he tht he was doing.... he said "our dinghy, do you recognise the people in it....the guys started carrying on how they found the dinghy and there fore they couldnt see the prob.

hubby saw the problem and towed the dinghy to about 20m off the shore and made them get out.

Yep there they were fishing rods, mobile phones and wallets above there heads swimming in about 1.5 meters back to shore

i love it

we have caught a couple of boat theives

bungie
13-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Congrats

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

fishingnottake
13-03-2006, 07:07 PM
geez they gotta be sharp fishing near where they stole it. Whats the name of your business by the way? is it a hire business?

lippa
13-03-2006, 08:39 PM
good work, unlucky for them

cheers

lippa

lucylass
13-03-2006, 10:49 PM
geez they gotta be sharp fishing near where they stole it. Whats the name of your business by the way? is it a hire business?
yes i have a business but dont really want to advertise it as its not the right thing to do
and at the moment i cant pm anyone either
but i am part of a volunteer rescue org
and sometimes we have also assisted in marine crime (mostly by accident) its fun

slugo
14-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Great stuff .. only wish I was there to see it

lucylass
15-03-2006, 01:47 PM
there is definately nothing as satisfying as listening to the dribble when they are caught red handed

we once had a local ring and say his boat was stolen while he was at the pub and we went out within 30min and found them

the story was so huge how the owner said they could borrow it and they were taking it right back
they were even wearing the guys jumper

;D

we towed them back to the marina where the owner and police were waiting .... they didnt know wether it was worth jumping out before they got there or not.

they copped a bit of flack from the 15 people or so that had joined in the spectacle and were handcuffed and taken away

Angla
24-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Apparently you do not have to be smart :-? to be a thief

Angla

toadie
25-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Good on ya Lucylass.I personally would of pushed them under so they had to drop thier stuff to resurface.I can remember a couple of years ago a mate and myself went to see my ex at her parents place and someone came out of her parents garage on a push bike carrying her fathers fishing rods (not too sure what brands they were but they looked expensive).So my mate and i jumped into his car and chased him and as we passed him my mate hit the brakes,i opened the passenger front door and over the handle bars went the thief.The reward was we never seen the thief in the area again and the ex's father shouted us drink at the pub til closing.

Can you tell i hate thieving scumbags hehehehehe

lucylass
26-03-2006, 01:59 PM
:o ;D

lucylass
26-03-2006, 02:02 PM
i have even had guys walk out of my business workshop with a cd player under their arm (didnt work by the way)
and you say..................... about the cd player under your arm

answer........................... duh what

i tht it was mine ;)

2rods
25-04-2006, 09:32 AM
well done LL.

Much more controlled than I would have been 8-)

Most people caught in the top end are unable to steal anything for a little while. (after they get out of hospital that is) not that I condone bashing them ::)

TinarooTriumph
26-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Suckers :) good riddence. I would of made them do what you and hubby did LL and also when they got back from their little swim back to the mainland, i would of made them gut and gill a heap of fish ;D just to rub salt into the wound.

TinarooTriumph 8-)

BigE
03-05-2006, 01:36 PM
should have took em a bit further out and then burleyed up....lol good job

FISHING_ROCKS
08-05-2006, 01:26 PM
nice work boys ;D

:D idiots they are :D

lucylass
08-05-2006, 02:11 PM
hhhmmmm i are female :-/

subzero
16-05-2006, 03:39 AM
Good on you and your husband Lucy, it would have been better if you could have used some fish scalers on them first before getting them in to the water though :)
Cheers Lloyd

mally
16-02-2007, 08:18 PM
well done mate,wish i was there

buggerit
17-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Bloody good read , good to see a humorous ending to a rather sad occurance .

Buggerit

goldfish
21-02-2007, 05:28 PM
good to see but you should have taken them 20 knt off shore instead of 20 meters.
cheers
rick

drewb
26-03-2007, 09:55 AM
good on ya mate ,theives gotta hate em ! tight lines ,drew

bream"n"bass
08-04-2007, 05:05 PM
good work. theives are the worst kind of people. lol. i would of pushed them out straight away.

84mick
12-04-2007, 07:36 PM
LOL thats funny! good to see that they got what they deserve! I would have done the same thing.

Cheers, Mick.

Nowhere Bob
22-06-2007, 04:14 PM
When living in Sydney in the late 70's some clown decided that he needed my dads postie bike more than dad did.
You should understand that my dad is a beardie peace love & whales kind of guy. Anyway 2 months later we are walking in the big park down the road and this clown is doing laps of the oval on Dads bike. Zero doubt - black overspray from my brother refinishing his skate board. Next time the bloke comes past dad just reached out and umm 'aided his rapid dismount.'
Sincerely told the cops that it was pure coincidence that the bloke fell off right in front of the rightful owner, and pure accident that dad's knee ended up on the clowns broken collarbone.
Real eye opener to an 8 year old who had almost never heard his dad raise his voice.

the nibbler
06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Nice one LL. have a nice little tale myself. before i arrivedin gods country i was a pom livin in londons east end. i was working for telecom and was on a job in an apaartment block, when i had finished i happened to look out at my van only to see some little s#*t climbing into the back thru the roof skylight, i ran down the stairs and padlocked up the back, you could open the locked door from inside. GOT HIM, i theen went for a not so nice long drive for about twenty odd miles out toward the essex countryside, when there, stopped van and opened back to find on s#*t scared little scumbag, tells him to get out, which he at first refused but with some gentle help he soon did, i then jumped back in van and drove off with a little chuckle to myself leavin him in the middle of nowhere, this was in the days before everyone had mobiles so he couldnt ring anyone, any way it turns out that this little S#*t reported it to the police who on questioning him further found out the truth and said it served him right.;D