PDA

View Full Version : TRAILER STOLEN FROM BOAT RAMP, TWEED HEADS

oli05
21-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Cannot believe my luck.
Was out fishing off Tweed yesterday. #My mate rang to leave something near my trailer and it was stolen. #Could not believe my luck.
Had to haul it back in only to discover it was gone. #Unbelieveable that someone would do this at 3pm on sat in a very poplular boat ramp on Kennedy Dr and nobody bothered to stop them. #They even used bolt cutters to get it off. >:(
Nice one. #
If anyone has any info it is a 6.2 m Sealink trailer rego is Qld 033QIT. #VIN GM2BOATRL3ST00238.
Watch out down there hope it is not you next.
YES BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT WAS BACKED UP AGAINST THE LOGS AND THE LOG WAS ACTUALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRAILER. #Don't think those logs will save you.!!

Heath
21-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Bloody Hell!!!
We were down there yesterday as well. Makes me a bit worries :-/

That wasn't you guys in the big white plate boat putting in at around 11ish was it?

Hope you recover it.

Spaniard_King
21-05-2006, 04:03 PM
oli.

I too was there yesterday ::) where did you park?

I parked in the middle island. I even had to do some trailer adjustments before I left. I left the car park around 12:30pm.

I hope you are insured, I had one knocked off a few years back..neva seen her again. I was very under insured :-[

Unfortunately ya learn the hardway, I now have a hitch helmet and locked tow hitch. The bastards have to take the 4x4 now as well if they want my trailer.

Did you have any deterants other than a padlock

my sympathies :'(

Garry

hercules
21-05-2006, 07:20 PM
My sympathies regarding theft of trailer . Last saturday they were stealing peoples rollers from the same ramp . I'm always concerned leaving my truck and trailer there and half expect it to be missing when i get back or part there of >:(
Same as Gary i use a helmet lock but am not sure if it will stop someone if they really want it .At Tweed I try and back the trailer up against the logs if possible just to make it harder , not that helps now.
It is my pet hate thieving from ramps or anywhere for that matter , with so much happening you would wonder if cameras would be a deterrent or maybe my 80w across their head may work too .
Craig

Mortalkombat
21-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I was there to and my trailer was unlocked i had forgot to put padlocks on :o I like to back her right up to the logs as well.
Nick

oli05
21-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Yep the sad thing was it was backed right up against the logs. The log was in the middle of the trailer. So don'e think that will stop them. Yes I suspect the police can't do much. Has been such a nightmare getting it to a mates palce on water tlast night then having to get a loan of a trailer today and spend most of my day off trying to get it out. No it is on my front lawn. Hope noone backs a trailer up and takes her away now.

Make sure you keep yours lcoked up cause the logs don't stop them.

fishin_till_late
22-05-2006, 05:20 PM
how the hell do they steal a trailer from kennedy drive ramp on a saturday arvo. That ramp is sooooooooo bloody busy and right on the main road. Its a real shame stuff like that happens. I live in the tweed area and will keep an eye out. good luck

jono

aussiefool
23-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Sounds like they are working both sidea of the river. Had a mate lose one from Fingal Ranp a few weeks ago

aussiefool
23-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Sounds like they are working both sidea of the river. Had a mate lose one from Fingal Ramp a few weeks ago

BrandonH
23-05-2006, 11:06 PM
bump

timddo
24-05-2006, 09:15 PM
mate, if i catch them touching my trailer, they will go into hospital.
it's weird how nobody saw nothing, they would have needed to use boltcutters or something and back another car up to steal the trailer. i think we should just take the wheels of the trailer and no one would steel it.

TheSaint
30-05-2006, 08:14 AM
how the hell do they steal a trailer from kennedy drive ramp on a saturday arvo. #That ramp is sooooooooo bloody busy and right on the main road.

It happens because noone gives a sh#t about anything anymore..

Too busy worrying about themselves!

Hagar
16-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm. Must have missed seeing this post first up . Boaties are pretty passionate about their rigs and the next grub who gets caught and hammered gets nobody's sympathy . In the meantime a bit more interest shown by all of us at any abnormal goings - on at the ramp wouldn't hurt either . Trailers being moved from vehicles , rollers being unbolted etc wander over and make it obvious you are taking note of persons and cars etc. I do and if they object then they are up to no good . Political correctness be stuffed .

Chris

iank
16-07-2006, 02:20 PM
If I see any one/thing acting/looking dodge around boat ramps I just take a couple of quite photos and if nothing comes up in the papers, net or word of mouth in a couple of weeks they are deleted from camera/puta. The reason for this aproach is that I nearly got into a blue with 3 blokes who were removing rollers from a trailer, I ended up driving around the corner and rang the cops who were there in suprisenly quick time and took them away. Yes this was in the middle of the day.
Cheers Ian

djdamo
17-08-2006, 12:17 PM
im not going there any more

fishface
21-08-2006, 10:36 PM
question.....if it happens so often why doesnt someone guard the ramp and boaties pay say a 10er for the day.
maybe good business to get into ... plus a good peice of mind knowing your hard earned possessions are safe
cheers daniel

fishingnottake
22-08-2006, 09:01 AM
because what about the boaties who don;t want to pay the tenner, do you not watch their trailers? there are secure ramps out there, and you do pay for the privilage, just do what i used to and start a rumour about what a hot fishing spot around the ramp is, then you got all the mad fisherman to all hours acting as static security ;)