PDA

View Full Version : Stolen from retired Gent

marlinqld
23-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Some low lifes just dont care.

read this in todays local paper, the Redland Times.

Some scum stole a retired gents outboard. Now he has a tinny and no way of using it. It was his only joy in retirement, fishing.

It was stolen right off his boat from his yard at Birkdale.

Outboard was a Tohatsu M15B2. If anyone happens to see one for sale cheap let Crime watch know. Bad enough they steal, but from an elderly gent, I hope the cops catch them first, anyone else night not be as forgiving as the cops.

Cheers

Mike

GiddyUp
23-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I read in the Redland Times about 4 weeks ago that another outboard was stolen from Birkdale, hope they catch the buggers.

Spaniard_King
23-06-2006, 06:34 PM
@ssholes :(

sid_fishes
24-06-2006, 08:14 PM
i do believe that these poeple[f*****ts] need an attitude adjustment either with a big stick[like a baseball bat] or a lump of lead in the left ear. just my thoughts cheers sid

sid_fishes
24-06-2006, 08:17 PM
and does anyone have a spare motor as such that they can lend the gent or can we come up with a way to donate one to him ..... just a idea guys [sponsers included] cheers sid

timddo
24-06-2006, 08:33 PM
mate, just do up some sort of a donation pyramid thingy.
everyone send $5 in to one address and that person finds him another motor.
i'm sure there is enough members to get a decend secondhand motor

TinarooTriumph
24-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Don't know about cash donations, not sure how the old bloke would take it. Some one on Ausfish from near his area should approach the nearest Yamaha/whatever dealer it is and show them the article in the paper, they'll give one to him. If they dont they will only lose customers...

Aswell as that idea, send the bastard/s that stole the Outboard in the first place up here to FNQ. They can do some community service up here and help folk in Innisfail restore houses for Zero $ from Cyclone Larry. Thats my calm approach to the subject, my other approach is to tow them behind my Cruiser on the local dirt roads. Youch... :o

T'roo 8-)

the_baker
15-08-2006, 11:19 PM
my thoughts [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=hanged.gif]

Got_the_Fever
27-08-2006, 07:20 AM
A large bucket of tuna oil and a long swim in the middle of the bay works for me. Maybe the funds raised from the calender could be used to the fella a second hand motor(what do you think steve). I couldnt think of a better candidate.

Kel

Got_the_Fever
27-08-2006, 09:23 AM
I have sent Steve (ausfish) a pm and asked him about this. He has forwarded it on to choppa who will take it further. Lets hope that we can help him out. Thanks for the ok to go ahead with this Steve.

Kel

Bundy_Burp
27-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I have sent Steve (ausfish) a pm and asked him about this. He has forwarded it on to choppa who will take it further. Lets hope that we can help him out. Thanks for the ok to go ahead with this Steve.

Kel

Gee your quick of the mark choppa hasnt even earnt any money of the calender yet and you are already trying to spend it give the guy a break lets see if he can break even on the costs before you start digging into the cash .
I'm not saying its not a good cause just that we shouldnt be counting our chickens before there hatched .

Bundy

mylestom
27-08-2006, 08:19 PM
What mongrels there are around.
As a retired not so much a gent myself went through the same thing but it was only my electric motor and battery.
But when I replaced it bought myself a bow mount auto pilot.
Rechon it was for the best.

But reckon a gentle poke or ten with a cattle prod to their not so private parts is what they need.

Then idea above of donations has some merit.
Perhaps there should be a fund administered by the senior members of this forum for such events.

Would be willing to make a smallll donation of money or old fishing goods, whatever they think would he most helpful to start to raise the funds.
Worth talking about.

Also maybe the Ausfish site should also start a register of stolen goods that we could check when purchasing second hand goods.
Realise that you already have a chat board but thought maybe a register of major items ie outboards, boats, Trailers etc.

Trev

Got_the_Fever
28-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Bundy all I was saying is if there are profits from the calender then maybe this would be a good cause to put them too. The poor bugger needs some help and we are in the postion to something about it with maybe some help from our sponsors. It would be great publicity for them.

The final decision is up to choppa. Myself I think it is a worthy cause. Maybe in the mean time some of us could get together and take him out in our boats for a trip or two so he can get some enjoyment out on the water while something is done about another motor for him. Im sure it would benefit everyone.

Kel

puks
28-08-2006, 10:21 AM
trev i think that is a brilliant idea
that registering i mean and also the funds thing

after all to me thats the australian spirit help out a mate

i think its seriously worth thinking about it

regards
anya

blaze
28-08-2006, 11:30 AM
trying not to be the synic here but
what ever the money from the calander goes to worries me none but bear in mind the retired chap that lost his boat should have had it insured because if you cant afford to replace it, insure it.
There are lots of charties out there helping people with problems that they have no control over, like kids cancer etc.
On the same note if someone was to start a fundraiser to help the retired chap that lost his boat there will be a few dollars coming from thisway. Just dont see it as a charity event.
cheers
blaze

Bundy_Burp
28-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Bundy all I was saying is if there are profits from the calender then maybe this would be a good cause to put them too. The poor bugger needs some help and we are in the postion to something about it with maybe some help from our sponsors. It would be great publicity for them.

The final decision is up to choppa. Myself I think it is a worthy cause. Maybe in the mean time some of us could get together and take him out in our boats for a trip or two so he can get some enjoyment out on the water while something is done about another motor for him. Im sure it would benefit everyone.

Kel

GTF I am NOT saying that this is not a worthy cause what I am saying is that this needs to have something done NOW not in 3 4 or maybe more months when the calender starts to turn a profit I will be calling both sundown and springwood marines to see if they can maybe come up with a solution .
Maybe you and other members should do the same and if enough of us call maybe people will see that we do care about this problem and something might actually be done to fix it .

Bundy

Got_the_Fever
28-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Good onya bundy, that is a great idea and i was just thinking the same thing. I think it will come down to ppl prompting the marine companies to help the fella out.

Blaze you do have a point about and insurance, myself I had mine insured before I had driven out of the boat yard. Maybe he cant afford any, you dont make much on the pension these days.

Mike, can you scan and post the article so we can send it to sundown and springwood marine?

Kel

Got_the_Fever
28-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi

I owe steve and the other ausfish members an apology. I misread what he had sent in his pm and sumerized from that mistake. I will in future try to concentrate a little better and not do this again.

This is the message he sent me in full so that I dont mess up again.
I don't have anything to do with the calendar. I sent choppa a PM and said he could go ahead with it and use Ausfish to arrange it and us the Ausfish logo on it providing all profits go to charity.

Other than that I have nothing to do with it.

Again sorry steve and all others for not reading it properly.

Kel

Bundy_Burp
29-08-2006, 09:26 PM
No apology needed or expected as far as I am concerned.

Bundy 8-)

Got_the_Fever
30-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Thanks Bundy, but I misquoted Steve and I needed to fix that mistake. He messaged me asking to fix it and I do take responsibility for my actions. It is only fair.

Kel

Bundy_Burp
30-08-2006, 09:58 AM
We all make mistakes that just proves we are human I am sure god (in this case steve) will understand.

Bundy 8-)

Dirtysanchez
15-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Guys, 2 weeks later, any progress ?

What sort of outboard did the poor digger lose ? how much ??

dej
15-09-2006, 10:09 PM
:'(

finga64
16-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Good onya bundy, that is a great idea and i was just thinking the same thing. #I think it will come down to ppl prompting the marine companies to help the fella out.

Blaze you do have a point about and insurance, myself I #had mine insured before I had driven out of the boat yard. Maybe he cant afford any, you dont make much on the pension these days.

Mike, can you scan and post the article so we can send it to sundown and springwood marine? #

Kel
It's terrble to hear stories like this :'(. Low life scum pinching an outboard. >:(

Blaze has a point about the insurance though. What would have happened if the poor old fella ran over some kids swimming in a channel or ran into a charter boat. Everybody would be up the oldtimer for not having insurance. Can you get just 3rd party insurance for boats?? If you can and if the oldtimer has it I offer my most humblest appollogies. In this instance if you only have 3rd party then you accept the risk of theft or damage.

IMHO if you can't afford the insurance don't have a boat. It's just as important as putting fuel in it.
Seems rather harsh but in reality the truth hurts sometimes.

How many times have you heard the story about somebody (unisured) running into and writing off somebody elses (insurred) car and it's always the insurred person that has to pay somehow in the end because it's a waste of time chasing the unisured person??

In all honesty, this terrible event could have been prevented by either locking the boat up in a shed or locking the outboard to the boat/trailer or by simply taking the outboard off and putting in the laundry. It's only a 15.
Our neighbours got stuff pinched out of their boat but they don't take anything out and it was out the front. Who can blame the opportunistic thief in pinching their rods/boxes etc??

I recon if the calendar gets up and running why not donate the proceeds to people who cannot help their circumstances in a way that will promote fishing and maybe make some more fishing junkies.

The fishing days for the blind people that I went too was absolutely amasing to witness (even if it was piddling down with rain). There's got to be some converts there.
I've helped Camp Quality with activities. More amasing people who do not deserve what the world has thrown at them but take in their stride. Anybody seen a 5 year old boy with no legs break dancing or a 12 year old girl singing karaoke crying with laughter, then and passing away 5 weeks later. I have and it brought me to tears?? Maybe a day out for them??
There would be so many deserving people around I'd hate the job of deciding who to give the proceeds to.
The cost of an outboard can/would go a long way in helping some of these people.

When it boils down do you want to help a person who had his outboard stolen (which should have been insured) or people who haven't been handed a good playing hand and maybe give them an experience they would never have had, and maybe give them another way in which to enjoy their lives.

In short, the world sucks sometimes but why not help the poeple who can't help what the world throws at them.