PDA

View Full Version : Stolen - 6mt Riptide Centre Cab "Chill Zone 2"

revs57
19-06-2006, 11:11 PM
My friend had his boat knocked off from his front yard in Runcorn on Brisbanes South Side last Saturday night around midnight.

It is a 6mt Riptide Alloy Boat, Centre Cab with a 200hp Honda on the rear.

The boat is unpainted, has built in Raymarine Electronics and named "Chill Zone 2"

Would certainly appreciate any info...chances are the boat is already on its way to FNQ, WA or SA

Cheers

rhys

revs57
19-06-2006, 11:11 PM
another pic...the centre boat is the one stolen

revs57
19-06-2006, 11:12 PM
another...the rear end, middle boat again

Mr__Bean
20-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Don't that give you the $hits..........

Rhys,

Apart from the Honda and the Raymarine, what else do we look for in custom fitout to identify his boat from others?

Are they outriggers on the roof? What is the stain on the side is this a unique drain outlet?

Is there anything to look out for on the trailer?

- Darren

revs57
20-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks for your interest Darren,

Yes Christians boat has relax outrigger posts mounted on the roof, and the fuel vent is on the port side.

The Raymarine units are custom dash mounted, built in and angled toward the skippers station...very distinctive and very unique...never seen another dash set up like it.

i'll check with him to see what other distictives he has built in

cheers

rhys

Darryl
20-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I shall keep my eye's out Rhy's, not good when a nice boat like that goes walkies, the guy must be gutted.

Darryl.

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
20-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Rockhampton will be keeping a look out.

Cheers
Dave

The_Tub
21-06-2006, 10:13 AM
From the northern rivers will keep an eye out.

That is a shame the bloke probly worked his hole life to get a boat like that,just to have some piece of sh@t take it from you,hope they catch IT and they get what they deserve. >:( >:(

Mal

longtail
21-06-2006, 02:11 PM
RHYS , can you call the blokes at riptide and confirm the bare hull i saw this arvo was a recently completed job.

i was in the shell servo on compton rd and spotted a white ute towing a bare hull (no motor or any markings) up compton rd heading towards calamvale. this was around 1:15pm this arvo on my way home from work.

cheers
Jason

revs57
21-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Another distinguishing factor is the built in tackle boxes, Epirb and Fire Extinguisher to the seat lockers

On it Jase...will get back to you

Rhys

revs57
21-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Jase the boat you saw was a newy from the Riptide stable and that was Dave's toyota...thanks for your keen eye...very very similar to Christians

Thanks to you all for keeping an eye out...here's hoping for a result

Cheers

Rhys

griz066
21-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Will keep my eyes open on the Darling Downs

longtail
21-06-2006, 06:37 PM
ok then Rhys . thought it might have been , but ya never know the mongrels that stole it will prob paint it to change appearance.

hope ya mate gets it back Rhys

Jason

youngfisho
22-06-2006, 01:00 AM
rhys,

i feel for your mate, i had my shitty old commodore station wagon stolen from the car park at cleveland ferry terminal. it was recovered three weeks later, still working ok but with a few bits and peices missing, two weeks prior i had spend 900 of my hard earned money on a new exhaust system and brakes. man was i peeved. the thing is when it was recovered the theif had actually left his work details in the car along with a shopping reciept a declined purchase from a petrol station which had 24hr surveillance. i went and showed all of this to the police who said that it was put there most likely. and my reply was this guy who i happen to know his name and place of buisness who tried to buy products from a store isnt that smart to knock off a shit old commodore, so i think it is him who stole it, and also when i picked the car up from where it was dumped there were a bunch of young fellas about 100 metres away giving me the finger and yelling abuse (the culprits perhaps).

i just hope the police are a little more productive and work a little harder to actually investigate the theft.

anyone know a baker who lives and works in east mt gravatt who's into body building and stealing old cars. ;)

andrew

cool_deaf_dude
27-06-2006, 08:19 PM
oh man .. i,ll help you out too cos some one stolen my car too and found in 12 hour lucky me

i,ll keep eye out too .

by the way nice boat .

TinarooTriumph
28-06-2006, 12:26 AM
I'll keep my eye open up here in FNQ mate, never know where they are going. Sad to hear about it mate... makes ya livid inside.

So the boat was knicked off his front yard eh? Flaming tool who stole it... what goes around comes round, always...

Thats why when i buy a boat when im older, im also buying a ridgeback/staffy to go with it :) . I dont think anyone will even come close to MY boat then...

Theo 8-)

mitch_05
30-06-2006, 08:58 AM
this realy annoys me when someone steals someone elses pride and joy >:(
will keep eyes open in rocky.
hope it gets found sooner rather than later.

mitch

revs57
30-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your support guys..I've let Christian know and he really appreciates that so many people are on the look out

Cheers

Rhys

mowerman
04-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Revs

As my name suggest,, Im the mowerman.
On my rounds today I noticed, just a quick glance, a similar boat hiding behind a few trees in the front yard of a house.
The only reason it stuck in my head is because a mate from Tin Can Bay is having one built to his own design.

I didnt see any markings on it but it looked like bits of the boat had been polished,( paint removal?).

Ill have a better look tomorrow,( Have to stop and answer my phone,) and get back tomorrow arvo.

Heno
05-07-2006, 01:53 AM
revs,
I do a run from Cairns to Bris on a weekly basis and stop in most towns inbetween so I'll keep the camera handy and the eyes open.
Heno.

revs57
05-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks Guys...if you need to call I'm on 0419-742-078 and I'll let christian know

cheers

Rhys

mowerman
06-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Sorry mate.
Had a better look today.
Its about 24 foot with a big leg hanging of the back.
Diesel I think.

Will keep an eye open for the right one.

Dads_Army
07-07-2006, 08:19 PM
G'day boys, I'm in Canberra and will gladly keep an eye out having had a WB ute stolen off my driveway in Hervey Bay about 2 years ago, if you hear of someone going to Jail attempting to recover a boat that matches the description of christian s it'll probably be me, cause I hate the f@#kers that stole it.

BTW the afternoon before my ute was stolen I paid for a lady's groceries at a supermarket cause she couldn't afford it, came to about $20, never again !!!!!

sooty66
11-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Will keep my eyes open for it up here in Townsville. On the water a fair bit from Kurramine to Airlie in various Competitions. Let you know if it turns up.

co-co
15-07-2006, 11:08 PM
On the road a bit from sc to gc and in between so will keep my eye's out.
Crooks !!

bigblue
23-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Watching around northern Sydney ;)

KROOZZN
20-10-2006, 02:40 PM
watching in Albury-Wodonga.Vic-NSW Border

griz066
10-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Did this boat ever turn up?

cormorant
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Report the EPIRB to AMSA as stolen in case someone tries to change the registration details when it is onsold.

Be usefull if the stolen boat initial post came up like a PM does when you log in and that way everyone would see it at the next log in. More eyes means more chance of someone seeing it while still in a local area. Just an idea

To everyone with an ally boat grab some number punches and go out and in half a dozen discrete places ( under gunnels , inside live tank, transom under motor, inside anchor well) stamp your drivers lic or hull number and state into the ally. Others like thieves will just think it is a part serial number but it may help in identifying your property if you later need to as they won't work out where to grind them all. Nice tight spaces and same for the trailer and take photos so you can prove it.. You can also get datadots.
Goodluck and hope you find it and even better if you catch the scum

Reefmaster
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
It was seen about a year ago done towards Redland bay/Carbrook area being towed. Apparently still looked the same and even had the same boat name on it.

This boat like all Riptides has a serial number on the transom but also hidden else where in a hidden location.. Good luck to anyone who could find where my hidden serial number is.

Greg

Iceman R
10-09-2009, 07:19 PM
G'day Rhs sorry to hear aboutur mates boat. It really pi$$es me off to hear abot these low lives knocking off people's pride and joys that they have worked hard to get. I cant actually see the pics of his boat Rhys is it just me or r they not on here? If you can send me a pic mate I will gladly keep an eye out! I deliverevery day around caboolture and do deliveries from sandgate to caloundra every week also around bribie and quite often head out from bribie to moreton fishing. Best of luck someone spots it and he gets her back in good condition asap.

dfox
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Heres a pic ...

Bandit1
13-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Damn mother f$%#ng scumbags ,, I head out a fair bit through the pin weekdays and weekends will keep an eye out on the water.

Bandit