PDA

View Full Version : trailer theft jacobs well

bluefin59
24-10-2006, 08:31 PM
A mate of mine at work got back to the boat ramp at jacobs well after fishing the pin bar onsaturday night would you beleive it no trailer, even though it was locked on with a trailer lock.Lock was cut of aparently their was a number of trailers pinched on the same night i have been told the number was 4 hard to beleive that could happen without someone seeing something any ideas on how to stop this happening so i can feel comfy about going fishing at night without worrying all night. [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif] [smiley=furious2.gif]

first_mate
24-10-2006, 09:41 PM
That's why I pay to use Horizon Shores. It is a little costly - but the peace of mind, and lack or ramp rage makes it an ideal launch base.

Cheers,
Angus

BilgeBoy
24-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Lot of this going on these days...there were some posts a little while back about thefts at ramps on the Gold Coast!! That and they knock off rollers etc >:( >:( >:(

What to do!! Everything I say!! Go and see a locksmith and have a chat with them perhaps. I have heard of guys who use tow ball locks, wheel clamps and High tensile chain through the rims etc!! I guess they just make it harder so they need to be there longer...this way tey don't bother!!!

I try and have a backup plan in my head!! Like....If I get back and my trailer is gone...who can I call, can I park it somewhere etc. Have a chat to the guys at ya local VMR etc.

Sounds like overkill...but I feel so sorry for people who have had this happen!!

Megsy

atlantic_salmon
25-10-2006, 06:00 AM
just out of interest, what would happen to these trailers, there are far to many for some little peice of trailer trash to dispose of.

the numbers would require a bigger set up and contacts to shift them around and to sell, you would think that that would attract some interest from the department of transport and the coppers... just a thaught...

finga64
25-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Why wouldn't these pieces of crap steal trailers??
Fairly easy to steal, easy to turn over for a good price and if they're caught they'll blame their bad child hood, get a slap on the hand and told not to do it again....until they get caught again, then they'll blame their drug dependancy get a slap on the other hand and told not to do it again....the cycle goes on and on.

The Justice system has to wake up and do something a bit harsher to these poeple when they're caught.

How much thieft is there in the Arab nations (I think it is :-/)....next to none....first offence 1 hand chopped off. You can only afford 2 offences or you'll have to pick your nose with a 4" bullet head nail.

JB
25-10-2006, 11:51 AM
yeah im with u finga, its too easy to be a crim, punishments pathetic , there needs to be harder laws on thieves if anything will change. Maybe even some cameras setup at boat ramps ? Cameras that the council installs and VMR could monitor ?? That way vmr could call cops if they see thiefts occuring.

Jas

timddo
25-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't know why no one has thought of it. To install a alarm on the power light cables. Once the cables are taken off, the alarm sounds real lound and activiates a camera in the backsett. Just the sound of the alarm will scare the shits out of them. Pretty much, once the connection is broken the alarm sounds. Basic but effective.

Or just attach it to the car horn.

Anyone with a cordless angle grinder and cut through those trailer locks. It's not rocket science.
The mungrals usually only steel new clean trailers,

hungry6
26-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Using a hitch helmet and a locking tow ball would stop most theif dead in their track, they pretty much have to oxy of the locking mechanism.
The number of jetski trailer stolen are alot higher than boat trailer, as these are often convert to motocycle trailers, and alot of the jetski ppls uses these to curb theft.

bungie
27-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Try these

http://www.bikebone.com/page/BBSC/PROD/Trailer-Alarm/PTS-1

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/info_DA5.html

finga64
27-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Pretty sad world we live in when WE (the honest ones who saved or have to pay someone to be able to have a trailer to start with) have to spend MORE on trying to keep the trailer then the scum sucking leeches have to pay in the form of a fine/penalty when, and if, they get busted pinching it.
Where's the justice or fairness??
Definitely not a level playing field :(

gonetoblakesleys2
28-10-2006, 10:02 AM
IF YOU CATCH THESE SCUM BAGS DO NOT CALL THE POLICE!!! YOU HAVE A BOAT & THERE IS PLENTY OF DEEP WATER ABOUT,
REMEMBER ONE THING & YOU WILL NEVER GET CAUGHT : TELL NO ONE!!!! ;) ;) ;)