PDA

View Full Version : Found BOAT!!!

Darryl
08-10-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure if anyone can help but i have found a commercial fishing boat on The island here and i think it could be from NSW as we dont have LFB on the sides of our commercial boats up here. I think ours are FV or Fx or something like that. She has definately been stolen as it has been dragged up well into the mangroves and has been there for a while. I have rang redland Bay police and gotten no response yet and really want to know who owns it, it's a net boat in really good nick ... So if someone knows anyone that that has lost or had stolen a 15 maybe 17 ft net boat from NSW pm me and let me know. Or if anyone knows how i can track down the owner of the vessel by using the numbers on the side that would be great.

Cheers Darryl.

jaybee
08-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Darryl try contacting NSW fisheries the LFB is tied to the licence as to how many and what size boats you can have, they will be able to track the owner.
cheers
Joe

Darryl
08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Will do Joe, thanks for your help.

Darryl.

griz066
09-10-2006, 06:31 AM
Thats good of the police to come over and take a look ::) doesn't belong to one of them so they don't give a shit. [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

Darryl
09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah real good of Redland Bay police to be concerned hey Griz :-/Been 5 days now and i have rang them twice. I rand NSW fisheries today and the boat hasn't been a commercial boat for 4 years so it's out of there hands and back to the police that cant even come over.

Who knows what too do, i'l give it a few more days then ring again. :-/

griz066
10-10-2006, 06:51 AM
The way I see it is if you go through the police and report it and wait the required time the thing is yours if no one claims it :)

imported_admin
10-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Suggest you contact the Water Police instead, am sure you would get a good response from them.

Brisbane - (07) 3895 0333

Wynnum District - (07) 3829 0450

hussy
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
might belong to nsw netters, they may have been up here raping the guts out of our mullet as they do each year, could be worth a try.

hubby

SeaHunt
11-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Either take it or burn it.
Has probably been used illegally in Qld waters.
Either way one less net boat around will make me happy. :)

griz066
11-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Either way one less net boat around will make me happy. #:)

NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR COMMENTS SEAHUNT

It's d!ckhe@ds like you that give boaties a bad name >:(

What if there is a bloke out there who has had his pride and joy rig boat stolen by some lowlife scum, I bet he would be keen to get it back :)

And here you go suggesting that the finder keeps it and says nothing or burns it, that makes you no better than the lowlife scumbag oxygen stealing thieving mongrels themselves. >:( >:( >:(

finga64
12-10-2006, 06:41 PM
:o :o
I think I have to agree with Griz to a degree on this one.
I know how I'd feel if my boat got pinched or just plainly drifted in a storm and someone found it and burnt it just because it's ....

Some people might think my V8 Kingswood is a waste of space, resources etc etc but I'd want to kill someone (figuratively not literally) if someone torched it, bashed it, damaged it just because they think it deserved it and that all V8's or old cars should be banned.

Darryl has said that this boat hasn't been registered as a fishing boat for awhile. Maybe someones bought it in view to make a recreational boat out of it and it got pinched. I'd consider the conversion. They're made well to with stand a fair old pounding. :)

Not going to comment on the finders/keepers comment. Charma's a bitch though. :-?

atlantic_salmon
15-10-2006, 07:35 AM
hey crestcutter, what did you end up doing with the boat, have the coppers dragged themselves away from the KFC drive through yet to have a look at it???

SeaHunt
16-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Either way one less net boat around will make me happy. #:)

NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR COMMENTS SEAHUNT

It's d!ckhe@ds like you that give boaties a bad name >:(

What if there is a bloke out there who has had his pride and joy rig boat stolen by some lowlife scum, I bet he would be keen to get it back :)

And here you go suggesting that the finder keeps it and says nothing or burns it, that makes you no better than the lowlife scumbag oxygen stealing thieving mongrels themselves. >:( >:( >:(

Pride and Joy? # ::)
Get a grip on reality. How may net boats have you seen?
Do you know what they used for?
They are slapped together by back yarders as cheaply as possible to do one thing, net fish from the beach which should be banned by the way.
Do you also jump to the defence of the Indonesian fishermen who have their "Pride and Joys" stolen by the Govt. and burned for illegal fishing.
Who said it was stolen anyway, if it was stolen by a lowlife scum it was stolen from another lowlife scum.
The most likely senario is that the original owner brought it up here to fish illegally and it broke down and he hid it in the mangroves to pick up later or he hid it there for ongoing illegal fishing activity.
Either way it is no different to what happens to the confiscated Indos boats in Darwin.
One less net boat out there is like one less gun on the streets to a rec fisho.

griz066
16-10-2006, 10:06 PM
You seem to know all about this boat Sea Hunt you may be a person of interest for the police to talk to..................... or just a know all who has too much time on his hands and has a dislike for pro netters. [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif]

SeaHunt
17-10-2006, 10:31 AM
I'll take that as an apology.
I like it when people are big enough to admit when they are wrong. #8-)

Darryl
17-10-2006, 06:39 PM
The water police have contacted me and are trying to track down the owner.If that fails i will own the net boat apparently..As stated previously it hasn't been a commercial fishing vessel in 4 years, also the boat is STOLEN, not put in the mangroves for later use. The fuel was salt water , the boat was full of fresh water, the engine bolts were seized on also.

The boat is built well and other than stains from fresh water inside it's in bloody good nick. I will have no hesitation in keeping it after 3 months and after tomorrow it will be in my yard as the water police want me to grab it and hold onto it till the owner can or cannot be found.

If he isn't found it will make a great first boat for my young bloke. And lets hope people have the maturity to see this style of boat and realise that these style boats arn't just used for commercial fishing. Infact one of the best fishing boat i had was a glass over ply dory shaped vessel that i spent day after day offshore in.

Darryl...................

atlantic_salmon
17-10-2006, 09:06 PM
hey crestcutter, i hope your youngfella gets a load of use out of it and even more enjoyment, nothing like your first boat i think, thats if its not claimed.

as for maturity lets say it wont be found on the lost/stolen
forum on ausfish...

2DKnBJ
17-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Bloody Hell darryl
You will have to buy another block of dirt to keep all your boats on soon. Either that or start a boat hire buisness.

Cheers Dazza

griz066
18-10-2006, 06:26 AM
I'll take that as an apology.
I like it when people are big enough to admit when they are wrong. #8-)

I don't have a problem apologising when I am wrong, but that wasn't an apology [smiley=hammer.gif]
As you can clearly see from crestcutters post, the boat was stolen. And in your eyes this is ok, you have completely overlooked the facts here [smiley=wut.gif] it doesn't matter who owned the boat or what his occupation was the fact is it is a stolen boat. I might not like what you do for a living but that doesn't give me the right to steal and burn your boat now does it [smiley=wut.gif]
[smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif]

GBC
18-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey Crestcutter,

Might be an idea to spruce it up a bit - wouldn't want your young fella out having a lazy day and along comes some c-hunt and starts abusing him and trying to set fire to him because he's in a NET BOAT!!!!

Good luck on your find mate - did you end up keeping one of those seagulls to run it? :P :P :P

Rod_Bender
18-10-2006, 01:31 PM
got any pics of the new pride and joy???

Dirtysanchez
25-10-2006, 04:43 PM
GBC makes a good point, you wouldn't want the young fella to be set upon by some vigilante types who assume he is a netter or dare I say of the yellow raincoat brigade ?

thehoodedwarriors
03-11-2006, 03:42 PM
hey seahunt pull your head in!!!!!!!

jesus your a piece of work >:( >:( >:( >:(

You can locate the registered owners by ring the RTA in NSW, if not try QLD transport and see how you go..

have you been on it to find out anymore information??

PM me if you need a hand

Tropicaltrout
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Mate you might end up with your very own mother ship ;D great for the week ender or the voyage up to the tropics ;D, keep us posted on the outcome.

TT

RobGoesFish
07-02-2007, 09:28 AM
I dont think it is apropriate to set fire to other peoples belongings, sounds a bit vigilante to me. I can understand how someone would dislike pro netters, as I really dont like what they do either, but if you dont go through the LEGAL chanels on this one you would be just as bad as the CRIMINALS who stole it in the first place. However, I see the view that it may have been used illegally in Qld but how can you support that without nowing something specific abou the boat?

Meanwhile, has anyone come forward for the boat yet?

JEWIENEWIE
08-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Tropicaltrout, from Cooly mate, i grew up for 17 years. Plenty of great jewies on yaroomba beach, been getting stuck into them?
Jewienewie

Barraless
09-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Tropicaltrout, from Cooly mate, i grew up for 17 years. Plenty of great jewies on yaroomba beach, been getting stuck into them?
Jewienewie

Hey Jewienewie

No way I also grew up in Coolum, I lived there for 23 years. What is your last name????? I probably know you!

JEWIENEWIE
10-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Small world mate, just sent you a pm, had a look at your profile and we are the same age, very good chance we know each other.
Matt;)

abbot_86
09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
alot of people on this forum have to much time on their hands , if they did all the things they said they did they would run out of hours in the day 8-)

yalta
11-03-2007, 07:06 AM
alot of people on this forum have to much time on their hands , if they did all the things they said they did they would run out of hours in the day 8-)

is this why your on here mate ;D

msagro
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
hey im in tweed which is right on the border, if u pm me the license number i may be able to ask around. they are often left on shore round here asa lot of the guys live on the water.

betsy
07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
buy it off ya for a carton