PDA

View Full Version : Stolen hj60 Landcruiser! please help!!

gonegonefishin
30-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

This is my very first post onto a great site which I have been following for some time- don't know why I didn't join earlier.....

I will start off my 'posting' by asking for the help of my fellow ausfishers in keeping an eye out for my Landcruiser that was stolen about 6 weeks ago- in the vein hope that it's still driving around somewhere.

1986 Landcruiser HJ60- white in colour. 33"BF Goodrich All Terrains, Roof racks with boat rollers, snorkel, side steps. 2H motor with aftermarket dynamics turbo system and blue boost guage on the dash.

It is a fairly distinctive car in that it has (or had) a couple of big patches of bog on it, and was sanded back in places (eg rear quarter panel). The most noticable bog is on the rear doors on the left hand side. Also, it stands out once your inside because although it is only the base model I had put the interior and electrics from a GXL model into it. Also, part of the front grill was missing.

Unfortunately i don't think i have any photos to put up- but if anyone could help me find my stolen baby i would be forever grateful (especially considering it was uninsured at the time it was stolen). Even if you see a HJ60 cruiser with a new paint job and the gxl electrics inside pelase let me know!. I miss my truck and am even willing to offer monetary reward for info leading to its return.....

Thanks guys and talk soon!

Lloyd

Fishin_Dan
30-10-2006, 05:02 PM
That's no good to hear mate! I have a 60 series, and love the little beast...

Where was it stolen from? (What area, etc)

Tangles
30-10-2006, 07:36 PM
i hate hearing this stuff, i cant understand thieves, ill certainly keep an eye out
cheers
mike

gonegonefishin
30-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for your concern. I can't understand thieves either. The worst part was all of the fishing gear that was still sitting in the back after my fishing weekend- luckily the home and contents covered that though and i have nice new gear to play with. Just took the gear down to northern nsw this past weekend and had a great time and a few beers.

The truck was stolen from boondall. Mind you it could be anywhere now i guess :S

I also forgot to mention that the rear bumper is not on the cruiser any more. It's just chasis and towbar there- was like that for so long i forgot about it.

She wasn't pretty, but as fishin_dan would know, they are your ticket to a great weekend up the beach!

Thanks again guys and it's appreciated.

Lloyd

BrandonH
02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Not good mate :'( I had a 60 series diesel too and loved how you couldn't stop it :) good luck with finding it mate i will keep a look out for one like hte description I am in Aspley so not far from where it happened ;) also will scout out whats on Moreton this weekend for you :)

Cheers
Brandon...

thehoodedwarriors
03-11-2006, 03:36 PM
try doing the ring around to local wreckers to see if they have had any cars brought in ... we had a datsun 1 tonner that do nicked and found it a month later at a wreckers with most of the parts missing..

If the plates aren't on it they may just take it not knowing..

Good luck.. here's a bit of hope though, brett's XF got stolenma nd they found it 2 streets away 3 weeks later in better condition and more fuel so good luck!

gonegonefishin
03-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for those tips i spent some time ringing around for parts that were on my truck that werent common, but no luck. If you say that you had a car stolen and were wondering whether they had it none of them want to know you :P
I still hold out a small hope that it may be found, but these things happen- it's just a pain in the a*se more than anything. My opinion is that there is no place in this world for gutless thieves. just wish i'd caught the bastard.

Cheers, Lloyd

gonegonefishin
16-11-2006, 11:18 PM
bumpity bump bump. im still here- but my cruiser isnt :( any one seen any for sale with a fresh respray :P

gonegonefishin
05-12-2006, 03:34 PM
STOP LOOKING!!!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that I got a call from the police on the weekend, telling me that they had found my cruiser alive and well..... It had been parked in a back street in Lutwyche, was covered in dust so looks like it hadn't moved for some time. People finally got sick of looking at the ugly thing!

They did steal a few things from it, like my battery and steering wheel (stuffing the upper steering column splines in the process) and some other stuff that was in it, but all in all i am a very very happy chappy. Haven't actually been able to turn it over yet because it has steering wheel lock on and I can't turn the keys in the ignition. I checked the oil though and it is still fine, so I assume she is just gonna kick over like a good ol' girl. Here's hoping...

By no means am I trying to rub it in to anyone in a similar position- Just don't lose hope. I must admit that I never thought I would see her again....

Cheers peoples,

Lloyd

luckyone
06-12-2006, 03:37 AM
well thats a good crisy present all the best with getting it gfoing again ;D ;D ;D

beaross
09-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Nice to see a happy ending :D