PDA

View Full Version : Mates Boat Stolen   - reward offered

gif
07-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Dear fellow fishers

Any help that anyone can offer in helping to distribute the information attached would be most welcome.

The boat is quite unique, was my brother's pride and joy, and was not insured. A substantial reward (I understand $2000) is being offered for information leading to its safe return. We would also offer a no-questions-asked policy for anyone choosing to return the boat, or leave it somewhere safe to be picked up.

It was stolen from Mallabula, north of Newcastle circa 13 or 14 October while my brother was away for work. It could be anywhere in Australia by now.

I understand that a lot of boats are stolen in Australia each year, and few are recovered. However, this one is special. It is my brother's only real asset, and it is a low act for thieves to do this to him.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul Leven
0428 714 779
STOLEN BOAT AND TRAILER
STOLEN FROM MALLABULA NSW ON 13-14 OCT 06
REBEL 6.1 METRE CENTRE CABIN
HULL BUILT 2002 BY WARREN CAMERON (REBEL BOATS SANDGATE QLD)
CUSTOM FITOUT BY OWNER
WINDSCREEN BY AUSTRALIAN MARINE WINDOWS
UNUSUAL SPLIT PORT SIDE MARLIN BOARD TO FIT BURLEY BUCKET (NOT FITTED)
TWIN LIVE BAIT TANKS IN REAR QUARTERS (PLUMBED)
FITTED WITH VDO FUEL GAUGE, TACHO, AND HOURMETER, PLUS BOMBARDIER WHITE FACED TRIM GAUGE IN CUSTOMISED DASH
CUSTOM RADIO PANEL WITH 27MEG AND VHF RADIOS
LOWRANCE LCX15MT COMBO SOUNDER AND GLOBALMAP 3000 GPS WITH AERIAL MOUNTED ON CABIN ROOF
SUUNTO COMPASS ON CUSTOM BRACKET ABOVE DASH
JOHNSON DECKWASH PUMP UNDER PORT BAIT TANK (WASN’T WIRED OR PLUMBED AS YET)
ATWOOD LIVEBAIT PUMP BELOW DECK
TMC 2000 GPH BILGE PUMP BELOW DECK PLUS MANUAL PUMP IN STARBOARD REAR QUARTER
DUAL 720CCA BATTERIES – ONE EACH SIDE BELOW BAIT TANKS
WALKWAYS AND MARLIN BOARDS PAINTED WITH GREY ANTI-SLIP PAINT
LARGE CUSTOM BAIT STATION WITH BUILT IN TACKLE STORAGE

CUSTOM PACIFIC TRAILERS TRAILER
LED LIGHTS
OVERSIZE KEEL ROLLERS IN FULL LENGTH ANGLE IRON FRAME
1 GAL RIM AND 3 WHITE MAG WHEELS

Johnson_Jack
07-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Gary,

there are some mongrels around, what they expect to do with it god knows, I hope you are lucky with info.

I noticed you say "However, this one is special" I'm sure it is, but isnt everyones own boat special to them?

Good Luck

Jack

Jeremy
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
how anyone can afford not to insure a boat worth more than a few grand is completely beyond me. Tough lesson.

Jeremy

PADDLES
07-11-2006, 01:04 PM
i'm with you jeremy, i mean if it was a perfect world we'd be able to shoot at people that are making off with our stuff and less of them would think about doing it, but it's not, so securing and insuring it is the next best thing. man alive that's a $60k or so boat with no insurance, i feel for ya mate, a very tough lesson indeed. :o

saurian
07-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Dog act , will keep an i out.

dogsbody
07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Would love to hangem up by the scrotum. Hope you get some info.

Dave.

The_Walrus
07-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Treble suppository would be too good for these low-lives.

Luc

fishingjew
07-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Low lifes ill keep an eye out on the goldcoast >:(

russell

Poodroo
07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
It's a low act to steal "period" in my books. Shows no respect for your fellow man to steal things that they have worked hard for to own. Absolute scum of the earth. A little while ago I left my 4wd parked out the front of my own home and some loser decided to try and break into it with a screwdriver unsuccessfully. I get up to go to work following morning and the extent of the damage blew me away. Every lock was damaged to the point I couldn't get into the car and then had to take time off work while it was repaired (I am a rep on the road...no car means no work). These thieves have no conscience about what they do to inconvenience others and I reckon these oxygen wasting idiots should join the queue behind Sadam Husain to have their necks stretched. Good luck and I hope you get the boat back. Will keep an eye out for you.

Poodroo

aussiefool
08-11-2006, 06:20 AM
sorry mate but by now it's been repainted, rebirth and resold. I think you will be very lucky to ever see it again

sooty66
08-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Do you have any serial numbers for the boat and motor. Will keep an eye out up here in Townsville. Seen a couple of these types of boats recently, so if you have the numbers I'll be able to sneek a sly peak and might come up with the goods (if there here in Townsville).

gif
08-11-2006, 08:41 AM
CUSTOM PACIFIC TRAILERS TRAILER
LED LIGHTS
OVERSIZE KEEL ROLLERS IN FULL LENGTH ANGLE IRON FRAME
1 GAL RIM AND 3 WHITE MAG WHEELS
REGISTERED NSW R 82609
VIN NO. 6T9T22ABH20FCM044

NEW JOHNSON 150HP 2 STROKE MOTOR
SERIAL NUMBER J150PX 05111939
ONLY RUN 3 HOURS

tinymonster
14-12-2006, 11:42 AM
No luck so far with the recovery of this boat. With the holiday season on us, we are hoping that someone may see something and we might have a bit of luck.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all those that have kept an eye out and ask for continued vigilance. You never know your luck.

Also I'd like to wish you all a merry christmas and hopefully a prosperous new year.

Regards

Craig Leven
0411 299 976

griz066
15-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Theiving Scum :-[ will keep the eyes open 8-)

jasonb
19-12-2006, 07:11 PM
we see a lot of boats getting around up here near tamworth and on the new england highway so will keep our eyes peeled l

tinymonster
21-08-2007, 12:56 PM
G'day all

I am pleased to let you know that we have had a huge slice of luck with this missing boat. It has turned up in Adelaide, and we are getting it back.

A big thankyou to all who kept their eyes open, and to all those out there in the same predicament, keep the faith - sometimes the system does work, even if it is a bit slower than we would like.

See you on the water sometime.

TINY</SPAN>

SgBFish
21-08-2007, 03:06 PM
That is great news. What condition is it in?
Get a cover note on the thing…now.

wadeo
21-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Congratulations guy's that is great news. hopefully she's been treated well. fill us all in on how ya tracked her down. ;D ;D ;D

ovakil
22-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I hope the people knocked it off fall into a fence several times head first.

reidy_g
22-08-2007, 08:00 PM
G'day all

I am pleased to let you know that we have had a huge slice of luck with this missing boat. It has turned up in Adelaide, and we are getting it back.

A big thankyou to all who kept their eyes open, and to all those out there in the same predicament, keep the faith - sometimes the system does work, even if it is a bit slower than we would like.

See you on the water sometime.

TINY</SPAN>

That is great news. I would have given you whatever odds you liked that that boat was gone forever.

Wear the fox hat
22-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Can you let us know how it was tracked down????

WTFH

mattooty
23-08-2007, 10:02 PM
That bloody good to hear mate
Id love to hear how they managed to track it and who actually found it
I hope your brother goes out first thing and insures the beauty
Matt

Tassie JR
25-08-2007, 10:05 PM
g'day mate that is great news but it would probally pay to insure it now and do yous know if they got the person or persons who stole it.
cheers tassie JR

tinymonster
27-08-2007, 12:40 PM
In a short period, the boat had been sold 4 times since it was stolen. It was "sold on the side of the road in QLD" to a bloke who paid $35,000 cash & didn't get a reciept, who it appears re-birthed the boat in Western Australia. It was then sold again in WA once and probably twice, before heading to South Australia.

The thieves weren't totally dumb, and stamped a new engine number onto the motor in an obvious spot as a decoy. When the last guy took it in for a service, a very alert mechanic noticed that the engine number was in the wrong place, and checked the correct place to find it had a diferent number - and it showed up as stolen. I don't know who the mechanic was, but if I ever find out I will buy him copious ammounts of BEER. THANKS DUDE, WHOEVER YOU ARE.

So the Mechanic reported the stolen motor to the cops and they contacted us. At that stage we didn't think that the motor would be still attached to the same boat & trailer, but it turns out that it is, and even the GPS, Sounder, radios etc are all still there & only the safety gear & anchors/ropes have been removed.

The condition of the boat is prety good. It is not as pristine as when it was taken, but it has crossed the country twice and racked up a lot of hours on the water. A couple of the temporary owners took good care of it while it was in their posession.

Needless to say my brother is over the moon, and in a couple of weeks, will have it looking like new again. And he already has the boat insured (lesson learned).

All up, it boiled down to a huge slice of luck and a very alert mechanic.

TINY

Marlin_Mike
28-08-2007, 12:52 PM
ya can be lucky mate.....:):):)

FNQCairns
28-08-2007, 01:03 PM
That's great news! feel sorry for the last bloke though he will be seriously out of pocket!!

That first fella needs some serious investigation, the cops will probably bury it.

cheers fnq

STUIE63
28-08-2007, 03:51 PM
It's nice to hear a happy outcome once in a while . still hope they catch the scum. Stuie

Dirtysanchez
29-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow, that is fantastic news, If I were you I would pull out all stops to find out who that Mechanic is, he has done you an enormous favour, send him a shit load of beer or whatever to say thanks

An amazing outcome, I'd have thought it would be in NZ now, or like you say, motor in one place, boat in another

Good for you

AussieBrad
10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
That first guy made a cool 35K cash, that still pisses me off.

plaztix
11-01-2008, 09:07 AM
That is a great outcome. You're brother is one lucky bugger.

Its interesting to hear it shifted hands so many times in such a short period. Maybe they all suspected something was up. $35,000 sounds way too cheap, and when its too cheap its probably too cheap for a reason.

cormorant
11-01-2008, 09:36 AM
You also have to wonder if the same thieves aren't locals to know the boat existed in the first case. So many of the thieves do repeat business on the same hose they rob as they know all the gear in it will be new after 6weeks and a insurance claim. Insurance is one thing but somehow we also have to make it harder for there scum to drive away with our boats. A $35k and that may have been 3rd hand already what the hell are waterways doing about verifying receipts and identity when ownership changes or is that how the police found out about the other transactions???

Beer is not enough for that mechanic and I do feel for someone in the line as they probably bought the boat legitimately for a real price and have now lost big money. Be interested if any boat dealers handled it in between and guaranteed the title??

Glad you have it back and hope it stays this time.

crab man
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
glad its back to you champion
Craig