PDA

View Full Version : Boat Trailer Stolen Flinders Beach Today 9/12/06

ishing
09-12-2006, 11:10 PM
My Mate went fishing on his own at stradbroke this morning and had his trailor stolen from his car on flinders beach between 5.30 am and 7 am.... bit of a suprise comming back to the beach ready to load his boat onto his trailor when it isnt even there... almost as bad is the fact that he also didnt catch any fish.... just posting this to give warning and too see if anyone knows anything about it or could help.... it was a trailor to suit a 4.5m sea jay tinnie had a walkway down through the middle of the trailor and a 1/1 to 5/10 winch with a spare tyre only been used twice nice and shiney like new..... any help would be much appreciated....

thanks

Heath
10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
FFS this stuff gives me the shits!

How the hell someone can do this to another fisho is beyond me. How do they expect this poor bloke to get his boat back home!

ishing
10-12-2006, 03:19 PM
yeah thats the worst part about it... luckly my friends uncle lives on the island so he knew people he could borrow a trailor from just to get it out..... but yeah its bad enough somone has stolen his trailor its even worse that he is stuck with his boat in the water and just having the huge inconvienience of trying to get his boat out....

Blackened
10-12-2006, 06:59 PM
G'day
Not god either way, but count yourself lucky.
At least being on an island like north straddie, there's only so far it could go.

Get in touch with the barge operators quicksmart for them to keep an eye out.

Dave

mylestom
10-12-2006, 07:08 PM
All the best in finding his trailer.

Damm lowlifes hope that their boat sinks next time they go out.

Stealing something at anytime is down rite rotten but when a bloke is on island and out in water makes it extra hard for the boater.

Hope whats round comes around for the bastards, something like a baseball bat.

Trev

yibbiy
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I dont live up that way, but numberplates?? ?? so ppl know what to keep an eye out for ?? ??

Kiktz
12-12-2006, 05:44 AM
The wordt thing about stuff like this it is probably done by kids (14-20yr olds) with nothing else to do. You would love to get your hands on the pleeks
that do this sorta stuff.

Aj

BillB
13-12-2006, 11:23 AM
ishing,
Could you give a bit more of a description of the trailer eg brand name, wheel size, serial number welded on the frame etc.
Cheers,
BillB

fishingjew
19-12-2006, 11:10 PM
As blackend said . How do they expect to keep it hidden on the island and there is only one way off and on barge