PDA

View Full Version : 12# fly blanks

Steve_Ooi
10-11-2001, 05:54 PM
I'm looking to make up a 12# rod for a bit of reef bashing , tackling GT's and the sorts, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations out there on blanks... Nothing too pricey as it will get knocked about a bit and has to have the balls for some GT work.....

Cheers Poony

Wesley_Pang
11-11-2001, 03:31 AM
Steve,

Being a Loomis Fan, I'd have to recommend the GL3 12/13#. I've got a custom built one, but I'd admit I don't use it much. I prefer the 13-15 Nautikos.

Have you got a copy of the latest issue of Fly Fishing in Saltwaters. Massive GT caught off the flats of Christmas Island, Kiribati. :o

There also a article on GT and how to tease them off the reef. Midway Island looks like its the spot to target these monsters. ;D

Wes

Travis
11-11-2001, 11:48 AM
Pooooonman l know this guy that can get you a DBT already built up ready to throw at the right price dont build your own l've heard about your builds :-*

As far as the loomis 's go the are my pick also they wouldn't suit belting a croc over the head up the swamp there to fragile and you would break it,the DBT's are a little more adapt to tougher use ;D

Steve_Ooi
12-11-2001, 08:17 AM
Something tough enough to subdue a croc would be handy,,,
But then again that's why i take unexpecting Victorians up there with me....lol, That way it halfs the chance that i'll get taken.....50% odds sounds pretty good.... ;)

I know the dbt's can take the punishment, your forgetting i use to fish with #UTT ( Ultimate Tackle Tester)...If he can't break them no one can......lol

Cheers Poony

Chris_Dunham
14-11-2001, 09:05 PM
Steve,

You might like to consider the Temple Fork Outfitter rods we are now selling. The #12 has been well tested on tarpon (USA sized trpon that is) but not on GT's as yet. It's a joy to cast - life time warrenty ($90 surcharge) four piece and in my opinion is one of the best blanks I've ever used. $395 delivered, which is about half price when compared to similar casting tools. Let me know if you would like any further details.

Regards,

Chris Dunham.

########.com.au

Dig
01-12-2001, 05:27 PM
G'Day Chris, gee you get around. Tried to call you this arvo to catch up with you about the shaggy dog flies, Chad picked up his new XP Sage this arvo and were putting it thru its paces at the park near your place. Im keen to find out more about the temple fork outfits, have heard and read some really good things, so one of these may be on the cards.Will be in touch soon or at the next meeting. Cheers Merv 8)

Scott_Mitchell
05-12-2001, 04:20 AM
:) Steve: You might also look at Either the G Loomis GL3 blank range with the 9ft 12 wht being $385.00.They are also re-releasing the IMX series again as blanks - but they only go up to a 9wht at this stage all in 3 piece.

Pacific Composites also have the MR40 HR series with a 9ft 12 wht 2 pc being $285.00.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Ne catalogue out next week.

Regards Scotto

Steve_Ooi
06-12-2001, 01:14 PM
Scott i would mine getting a hold of the new cattle dog as if can be tough up here in Cairns at times sourcing out fly gear.
Just let me know how much and so forth , and i'll send you my addy..
Cheers Steve Ooi

Brett_Finger
06-12-2001, 02:27 PM
Poony,
all you gotta do is call ;D
Hookin,UTT 8)

Scott_Mitchell
09-12-2001, 03:39 AM
;) Steve: You can subscribe for our new catalogue on our webs site at www.alpineangler.com.au or call us on 1800-818-855.

New 10 anniversay catalogue released this Tuesday :D

Regards Scotto