PDA

View Full Version : Great strides in casting

Harro
13-12-2001, 03:06 AM
After Sunday our mates Bruce and Touchy will be casting easier, futher and making much more creative presentations.

Old_Fart
14-12-2001, 04:17 PM
Harro, are you sure that you know what you are getting yourself into?
Your reputation is outstanding.
Seems a shame to blow it on an impossible task.

Harro
15-12-2001, 01:22 AM
Nah mate,
I know what I'm getting myself in for.
I suppose you know there's a catch.
An increasing part of the coaching traffic I'm getting is
straightening out flyfishers who've been screwed up - hitting the wall way short of their potential, paying for the priviledge by the way - after seeking counsel elsewhere. Those arm waving witch doctors have been doing me a financial favour.
At day's end I'm going to get a two or three line grab from you that'll be hung up in a few places. Hope you don't mind.
Hope Touchy can also make it. For a number of reasons the one on two sessions are the most productive. See you Sunday.

Touchy - R.I.P.
15-12-2001, 02:20 AM
Harro,As Bruce has mentioned a near impossible task(don't think hes much good at it either*G*)I'm looking forward to the morning,Seeya Sunday,Yahoo!!!.Cheers Touchy.

Harro
15-12-2001, 06:05 AM
Thanks Touchy,

See you Sun. Same deal as Bruce.

best

Rod

(shouldn't that be born to work, forced to fish. grin)

Luke
15-12-2001, 10:43 AM
Gday Harro,
are you giving lessons or is this a mates thing? If you give lessons in SE QLD could you let me know or even someone else you could reccomend. Thanks
Cheers Luke

Luke
15-12-2001, 11:43 AM
Sorry mate,
should have read the lot. Where do you do your coaching sessions and how much? I'm only at a very basic stage-had no lessons but can get it in the water with a bit of skin or eye attached. Thanks
Luke

Touchy - R.I.P.
15-12-2001, 03:56 PM
Luke,How about a blow by blow(or in this case)cast by cast washup on my progress after Harro's best efforts on Sun.to right my (many)wrongs.The(Hopeless Casting But Very Keen)Fella.Touchy.

Luke
16-12-2001, 05:04 AM
Touchy,
yeh let us know how you go. I've been slapped silly by one of those witch doctors he he! Luke

Randall
17-12-2001, 05:12 AM
Ole Fart.....have a ball with Harro!! Pity about the rain today mate!! Pretty much the same weather as last time we were up there together.

Touchy....Time to put the threadline down and stop casting those flys with it!! Harro will have you straightened out in less than an hour I`ll wage you!! Next thing you`ll be buying a full blown Bass Boat with large casting decks!!!

Luke.....You will not go wrong with Harro teaching you. I was a student of his and what I found was that I`m casting very much more accurately now due to the fact that I`m not trying to get out large lengths of line and spending a lot of energy doing this. Real easy casts with little to no effort.
Go for it. I personally recommend him !!!

Regards, Randall.

Luke
17-12-2001, 05:21 AM
Hey Randall,
I'm going to get rid of some of those demons in Janruary. Looking forward to it.
Cheers Luke

Old_Fart
19-12-2001, 01:44 AM
After many years of Salt and Freshwater fishing with lures etc, 2 years ago I decided to have a go at fly fishing. As I wanted to do it properly, I decided to attend a 2 day course put on by a recognized tackle shop. An 8wt low entry out fit was recommended.

While I could cast ( sort of ) after the lessons, it was real work and not the enjoyment of using my baitcasters. As could be expected the fly outfit was put away, and only brought out on odd occasions. A full 12 months passed and I decided to attend a course with another Tackle shop program. Again on the day, I could get by, but there was no real enjoyment as I was WORKING at it all the time. My video recorder is nearly worn out from playing a number of American HOW TO FLYCAST videos.

A friend of mine let me know that Harro was giving lessons, and that he was to attend.

As a last resort, I also went along thinking Harro could not improve me..

After a session, Harro had got rid of all my Bad habits, and had me casting in a relaxed manner. For several hours I continued to cast. Not once was I getting tired. Instead I enjoyed every moment of it.

Of course not every cast even now is a good one.

However I have been shown how to do it and how to improve.

I am so impressed by the improvement and comfort Harro has left me with I decided to post my results here and elsewhere. No I am not paid or sponsored by Harro.

I am a really satisfied paying customer.

It would have just been so much better and enjoyable if I had lessons from Harro a few years ago.

Harro, THANK YOU!

Bruce Cox

Randall
19-12-2001, 03:44 AM
Bruce...good one!!
There`s fish to be flyed up in those ole bones yet mate!!!
Harros certainly the best around.
Regards, Randall. (Not sponsored by Rod either fella)

Harro
19-12-2001, 03:55 AM
Thanks Everyone.
Appreciated. To Bruce, Touchy, Randall and everyone else who can see where I'm coming from, there's a great satisfaction in getting that sort of feedback. The simplified bio-mechanics make all the difference; work becomes pleasure.
You won't end up being able to throw those near 200 foot casts Paul Van Reenen uncorks with modified shooting heads - but by keeping at it and kicking in that haul, inches rather than feet on the forward cast; no haul on the backcast - you'll reach at least half that far with a quarter of the effort.