PDA

View Full Version : Luke/Harro's Fly Casting Report.

Touchy - R.I.P.
18-12-2001, 04:52 AM
A most enjoyable & productive morning was had by myself(I'm sure Bruce"the Old Fart"would agree)at Harro's"Hideaway",an ideal spot for our casting lesson at Ningi(near Bribie Island)Harro's main objectives is to have the caster work on skills which will enable the fisho to cast with the lest amount of effort/energy to achieve accuracy,distance &control,to this non achiever in all of the above depts.I feel I have come away from the session with a lot more confidence & a technique which I'm sure will stand me in good stead in my eagerly looked forward to flyfishing years ahead,Randall/Fitzy I may even try the freshwater "perch"again*G*.Not having any previous lessons from the many"experts"that are out there I am not qualified to make comparisons but in my humble opinion Harro's clinic has a hell of a lot to offer,be it,the (like myself an absolute beginner) novice or the accomplished angler wishing to fine tune their skills.Luke if you do decide to do the session I'd like to hear your feedback/results,I'm sure if you do you will be as pleased as I with the results.CheersTouchy.ps.Harro,Thanks heaps for your guidance AND the tip on the mozzie spray ingredients I'll make it up & have it in the boat by the w/end.

Jack_Lives_Here
18-12-2001, 08:32 AM
Touchy,

Sounds like a good session for the beginner. I'd like to give it a go. Can you pass on some details.

Thanks
Jack

Randall
18-12-2001, 08:39 AM
Jack, have a gander at Rods site....all the info there mate!!!

www.harro.com.au

Good luck.
Regards, Randall.

Luke
18-12-2001, 08:50 AM
Hey Touchy,
sounds like the go. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. I'm keen to get out there and give it a go. Will let you know how I go.
Cheers Luke

Muzza
29-12-2001, 04:22 PM
Geez Touchy,
I think I'll just send that beer up now! Lesson's from the master'. I've got no show. lol
I'm still trying but with these winds that have been blastin and early shifts it's been tough.
Good on ya mate.
Cheers
Muzza