PDA

View Full Version : 'Nother First

Jack_Lives_Here
29-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Scratched up 3 Murray Cod on the wand over the long weekend down the New England area. All under size 40 - 48cm but fun all the same. Temp was a bit down and they wern't real co-operative.

Got absolutely done over by a beauty in one hole and lost my best cod fly :o best cod fly 'cause I already caught 2 fish on it. Done me on 25lb leader. Rolled one in the same hole about 3 hours earlier on the baitcast gear, that was a good fish (5kg +) - probably one in the same animal.

Jack

Chris_J
29-01-2002, 12:01 PM
Well done ;)Great Sportfish the Murray Cod.
I have take a few on the biggest loudest dahlbergs i could find. What flies did u use?? I took a couple of good ones a few weeks back from a local creek, one sucked down a Dalhberg the other a woolly Bugger with a large foam head.

Good fishin' :D

CJ ;)

Fitzy
29-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Good one fellas. Just got the cod urge out of my system with a trip to new england a few weeks ago & you lot go & tease me up again.
Gonna have to hit Coolmunda soon I think!!

Good stuff, Got any pics guys?

Cheers,

Slates
30-01-2002, 08:02 AM
Good stuff Jack!
Mulwala is great for surface codding, but most surface caught fish are small.

Have had sessions there with 20 -30 hits in 3 hours fish to 45 cm.
During the day, you can get fish over 60 cm from the same spot - just not interested in smaller flies/lures.
Attached is a pic of a wee cod I caught using a dahlberg in mulwala.

Cheers, Slates

Muzzy
01-02-2002, 06:32 AM
Top shit mate,

my next trip to mull-a-wulla (yeah this is what this darwin lad calls it) migt have to try and pull your strig to meet me *G*

got one of the big ones on my wish list any way bro...

Slates
01-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Roger that muz ;)
sing out - even if I can't make it, I'll send you to the secret possies ;) ;D

headin up there around the first weekend of March.
will report back.

Cheers, Slates

Jack_Lives_Here
06-02-2002, 08:09 AM
Got the bug on them greenfish. ;D ;D
Headin' back down the New England this weekend for another crack at them. Give some dahlbergs a go.

I'll make sure I get some pics this trip, but I think the camera might be possessed - when I carry it in the pack, I don't seem to do any good.

Jack_Lives_Here
16-02-2002, 07:54 AM
Just a baby but a cod on fly at any rate.