PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay

thunnus
07-03-2002, 01:23 PM
G,day guys,

thinking about heading up to hervey bay in a few weeks and would like to know where the tuna are at present. Are they all up of roonies or are there also skools futher south like around moon piont?

thanks in advance, justin

Wesley_Pang
07-03-2002, 03:40 PM
Justin,

I've haven't fished Hervey bay for a couple of weeks now, so the situation may have changed a bit.

A couple of months I ago I did the long trip up to Rooneys(its about 40+km). There were large schools a huge Mac Tuna up there. I haven't seen any Tuna south of Moon point since the Club weekend before Christmas.

There seem to be fewer Goldens around too.

Check out the Fishing Reports board.

I hear there have been some tuna around Mooloolaba and Moreton Bay.

Let me know how you go.

Wes

thunnus
07-03-2002, 04:57 PM
Cheers Wes,

was out off mooloolaba on saturday and it was pritty slow, got one small mac off cartwight and that was it. It seems that Voltzy and Toddy havnt been doin too bad in the last few weeks, rate them a change in the tuna comp ;) ;D

thanks and good fishing, justin

Smithy
07-03-2002, 06:35 PM
Two weeks ago there were a few Schools of smaller (5-8kg) Longtails down the straights near the Picnics. There were monster Longtails as well as Jelly Bean Macks at Arch Cliffs but there were none at the Outer Banks or Pelican. Rooneys was going off. Only on the north side up to the cape though. Macks and Longtails up to 10kg.

Caloundra and a few miles up the shipping channel back to Bribie was Tuna City on the weekend.