PDA

View Full Version : Steelfin xfr

Maxg
23-05-2002, 02:05 PM
It has flown in, Grrrr http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm4.gifrating very high, rather neat, drag, super, spool just comes off without busting guts. Big, 4.6 inches LA, no holes, light, great technological leap up the ladder of reel lackatechnology, if you get my meaning. I'm glad I got it, http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm17.gifit's a dream. Should be more of them in Swoff land.
I tried putting a lot of 45 lb GsP on it, but decided that it would take 500 of 30BB (36lb) a stuffed 120 ft running line and LC13/15 head. Cheers Max

Brett_Finger
24-05-2002, 03:36 AM
Good stuff Max,
sound like ya Reel happy with it, you better get out and nail something BIG with it....
good fishing Mate,
Hookin,Brett

Maxg
24-05-2002, 06:51 AM
The Old Florida LA77 is ded, like dead, I'll have to send it to Florida. Can send you a 12 but do you have wheel. Max
Home add on the messages OK.

Wesley_Pang
24-05-2002, 03:45 PM
Max,

Spill the beans.

What wrong with the all-sing all-dancing Old Florida?

Wes

Maxg
25-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Nothing seriously fatal getting a no hole spool fitted. Max

Wesley_Pang
26-05-2002, 10:30 AM
Max,

A no-hole large arbor, thats the way to go :D

Why don't they just send you the spool, its a standard frame isn't it :o

They just have to skip the porting step in the manufacturing. Should be half the price of a normal spool. ;D

Wes

Maxg
26-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Well they asked for it, so thats how it is. And you know I've been saying a no hole spool means one less step and I've been given hell because of it. No hole spools are the way to go. Its all this weight reduction syndrome festered by nongnongs that has buggered the thingfs up. Cheers Max

Wesley_Pang
26-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Max,

Lets agree to disagree about porting spools.

May you land many fish with your Steelfin and Old Florida.

I guess if enough anglers request reels without holes, it may be an option on all reels. Everyone can make up their own minds.

I guess you'll be ordering an Abyss soon, its a lightweight at 32oz(1 kg). Makes the Pelagio 23oz(720g) look like a wimps reel.

I'll continue to fish my reels my way thanks.

Wes

Maxg
28-05-2002, 12:02 AM
Wes we all have our crosses to bear, if the technology is outside your brief, then I guess you have a heavy one. But keep re-inventing the wheel, you might get there eventually.
Max