PDA

View Full Version : Further Facts re ###### Trillium Wide Arbor Reels

uncle_barry
17-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Gents,

Previous correspondence seems to have taken a turn for the nasty and this was not our intent.

We were merely attempting to ascertain where or when Steve O actually had his hands on one of our Reels as several were stolen some time ago and to the absolute best of our knowledge the only one available in North Queensland is in the hands of our Rep in Cairns and he has never shown it to Steve O. Your can surely understand our concern, especially when he won't tell us where he saw it?

Steve O hasen't mentioned which Model he saw as there are 5 models to choose from from 4wt to 12 wt and he also says that our reels are made from T1 Grade 6061 Aluminium when in actual fact they are made of T6 Grade 6061 Aluminium - the very materials that he suggested that they would be better made of.

He also said that this Reel had been recalled by Talon and Talon has them now. This is not the case as I am the Importer and have not recalled this Reel, therefore we don't have it in our possession now.

Further details on these Reels are available on our web site www.##############.au or ######'s site www.aurorasports.com

If you wish to contact us privately Steve O we would be pleased to arrange a viewing of these Reels at your convenience - in Cairn. We would also be pleased to show it to your "Top Reel Engineer".

Interested persons may also be better informed by reading the review in the last Freshwater Fishing Magagine which examined wide arbor reels on the Australian market.

Re. Dale - Aussiebasser. Believed that he saw a Gold ###### Reel that we were selling but didn't know the name of the Reel or Model. This is totally impossible to the best of my knowledge as only one was imported, and at all times it resided in my Office until it was returned to the U.S. This product was never costed or released for sale as we believed that the Trillium Reels represented far better value for your dollar than the gold Suntech Reels. You can have a look at them on the ###### Site if you like. Whilst you're in cyberspace also have a look at the Talon site - with over 1200 graphite rods and 1200 graphite blanks available -
www.talon-graphite.com/index.html

Trust you folks understand why we were a little miffed due to the high level of misinformation that was beeing bandied about regarding our Reels that have just recently been released onto the Australian and New Zealand Markets.

Kindest Regards,

Barry

Steve_Ooi
17-06-2002, 06:04 PM
Barry, your post has more holes in it than Swiss cheese…
So I saw one of your reels up here in FNQ, and the only one that you know of is with the rep.
What does that mean ..? Does that mean that they have poor sales of the reel in FNQ as no other person owns one..?
And are you assuming I must have some connection with your missing products?
I feel very much offended that I should have to justify myself in anyway to such false accusations based on your fanciful thinking.
The reel I saw, was in the #Fishing Wharehouse tackle shop, the guy behind the counter was looking at it, So I asked him for a look and he showed it to me, he also said that he had some other fly tying products from Talon. Last time I looked the reel wasn’t in the shop so I’m assuming he sent it back.
So the reel I saw was from your company, and if it is, then your rep should have it.

I suggest you read my previous post before making such inaccurate and false statements as the following
“He also said that this Reel had been recalled by Talon and Talon has them now.”

Please point out to me where I said it was recalled, It’s got me baffled.
I did not say anything about it being recalled.

I take it that your character is a reflection of the company that you represent , and in doing so I will accept any public apology for #the misleading accusation you made against me.

As a final note, your own Website states that the Trillium is, “Fully machined in 6061-T1 areospace grade aluminum “.
You may want to check it out….. # # # #http://www.##############.au/trd4reelview.htm

Poony

Notaras
18-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Uncle Barry

I'm new to Fly Fishing and all that it has to offer.I am in the process of looking at reels now to target tuna with near my home on the Sunshine Coast.I have recently read in a magazine I picked up at a newsagent and now can't recall the name about berolite bearings in some reels,do any reels you supply have these bearings and if so how do i get hold of one?.How good are the drags in your reels BTW (forgive me i havn't read any other string if that information is contained in previuos posts )do you think they are as good as the 3d diamond (what ever the hell that is??)drag that one of my mates uses on tuna ,I don't know what kind of reel that is but that is what he tells me the drag is,I was impressed with that drag system if your reels are as good i'll consider buying one when they become available.

I was going to check out your web site but the word is better from the horse if you know what i mean.

Kind Regards

Notaras Dover

nat_bromhead
19-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Barry,

Am intrested to know more about the drag system in these reels....
according to the page you cut and pasted, nearby, the drag is "smooth enough to trick the smartest fish"
Fascinating...How???
Also, who makes your reels ??Talon, Reddington or Cabellas??, (or D, none of...)

Nat

Chris_Dunham
19-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Nat,

Good to see your out there, could you drop me a line at

bine@############.au

or a call on 1 800 066 828, 0415 993 531.

Regards,

Chris Dunham.

PS. Sorry to members for the non fishy post.

Nugget
19-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Hey nomad Nat - glad you're still alive!
Congrats on the runner-up win at the Fly casting titles.
I'd like to see someone beat you to a tailing trevor in a 20 knot gale! - not likely!

Nugget ><>

Maxg
19-06-2002, 09:37 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm41.gif
Max

Brett_Finger
20-06-2002, 07:32 AM
Nat,
good going in the comp,but i don't think Jacko will ever let you forget he done ya!! hehehehehehe
Hookin,Brett

Maxg
20-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi cobber, Hows the Eagle, Max

lordy
21-06-2002, 07:04 AM
Barry, are you selling the latest Trilliums or the old models?
This is the latest from ###### (TR4)
http://www.aurorasports.com/reels/fly/TRD4.jpg

While this on your web site (TR4)
http://www.##############.au/product/trd4%20front.jpg

nat_bromhead
21-06-2002, 09:59 AM
Greetings Nugget and Brett,
Young Jacko is a freak, the most consistent distance casting ive seen. Close range accuracy isnt too bad either, we're chasing tuna in the southern sandy straits this weekend,

Will have to catch up with you both, will be here at Hervey Bay for a few weeks...Nat

Brett_Finger
21-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Nat,
give my best to jacko ! he's a good lad.and yes he is a freak!! ;D ;D ;D
Hookin,Brett

Maxg
21-06-2002, 12:41 PM
If you look carefully you will find pics of two different Trillium TRD models on the ###### web site, and it plainly says, "new pic coming soon".
Which new pic is not in my notebook, or yours, maybe Barry has one, but forgot to tell you. Bad Barry. He didn't tell me either, more Bad Barry.
What the hell does it matter, this is about a fishing reel you know, not the twin towers. Cheers Max

Notaras
21-06-2002, 01:54 PM
Uncle Barry,

Can i assume that your reels are as bad as Steve Ooi says they are?.That is just an observation as you have not replied to me by post or mail and i am going to buy a reel shortly but my thoughts are wavering from your product to others.

I need info so i can make a decision but the way you are going i might just strike the ###### Trillium off my list.
This is not intended to be nasty but a reply either way would be nice.

I'm new the WWW buy the way .......is there any other forums that i can talk to you at ?. re: fly reels.

Kind regards,

Notaras Dover

lordy
21-06-2002, 03:28 PM
If you look carefully you will find pics of two different Trillium TRD models on the ###### web site, and it plainly says, "new pic coming soon".
Which new pic is not in my notebook, or yours, maybe Barry has one, but forgot to tell you. Bad Barry. He didn't tell me either, more Bad Barry.
What the hell does it matter, this is about a fishing reel you know, not the twin towers. Cheers Max

Max, ordinarily I'd agree, but with a few dud batches floating around I'd want to make sure I was getting the newer 'fixed' versions not the old 'dodgy' ones. Just trying to get a clarification.

Luke
21-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi Barry,
almost sounds like an accusation to me. Not really fair unless factual evidence is shown. I don't think this is what this is all about. Everyone has a right to voice an opinion and if your product is the goods time and your sales will tell. Eg. If I had a penny for every time I've heard Alvey reels bagged I'd be rich but the fact of the matter is they are a good product and are widely used and obviously a lot of other people feel the same way as they are in the hands of many and have stood the test of time. I use them and I don't care what others think of them you know what I mean. If you can't handle some constructive criticism maybe you should get out of the game. Do you make these reels yourself?? Could some useful feedback hurt your supplier especially for the Australian market which in my opinion is a market that relies on tough rugged qaulity? It's obviously an opinion from a person that fishes rugged situations and why can't that person call a spade a spade in your view?
Cheers Luke

Steve_Ooi
21-06-2002, 04:43 PM
Can i assume that your reels are as bad as Steve Ooi says they are?.
Notaras Dover

Notaras, I just want to clear up that my statements where only made about the reel I saw.
In general I’m not sure what to think about the trillium reels, because I’m not sure which reel your looking at. There seem to be two models an older one and a new version. It seem that some of the earlier versions that where sold where not up to standard and where only production test models.
Hopefully Barry can clear up the uncertainty about which version he actually has for sale and what alloys are actually used, what sort of drags it has and the specs on it.

Poony

Maxg
21-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Ordinarily I wouldn't #VBG get terribly VBG involved in such things as this, but I think I did point out a remarkable similarity to the 4 inch Okuma. Whether they are one and the same is not something I want to make serious statements about, but they look the same and you can stick your piggy bank on the Okuma,
if you have one.
I think you should have a few geeks at some of the rubbish hanging around in shops, and then consider how bad a Trillium has to be to be unusable.
I might just find out soon anyway.
Cheers Max

uncle_barry
10-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Good evening All,
Sorry about not being able to reply sooner, however we have been away on family matters.

I would like to clear a few things up on this ###### Trillium Reel mess.

1 Someone stated he saw a Trillium Reel and 'put down' the product without stating what size or when or where, only FNQ.
We had a number of Trillium Reels stolen, these were only production test models, never intended for sale.

Later the gentlemen state where he saw the reel.
At all times I was trying to track the Reels stolen. I hope people would have wanted to help,however this did not appear to be the case.

Thank you Steve for finding a typing error on our web site.

We also offered to show you the Trillium Reels that are for sale, and had considered having you test one, if you were happy with what you saw.
But, you have never made contact, this we saw as a little odd.

Nat, are you the guy who told me you were a Sage casting pr man at the first Talon ###### Casting Leveller ?
You asked who makes our reels, we do, ######, and out of interest ###### produces other ' brands ' as well.

Why is the drag super smooth, because of a larger drag washer,no cork, both in diameter and thickness, this is encased in stainless steel to help remove heat.

Lordy, the second image, the image on our web page is the Reel series that is for sale throught out Australia.

Notaris, Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, some things are out of human control, we will reply to you to night and find your requirements ,re reels.

Lordy, re, bad batches, no matter what, ###### Trillium Reels are covered by a life time warrantry, we only sell the new models, unless you find a old model, then this is still covered.If you or any body has or had a ###### Trillium Reel problem, all that is required is a quick phone call, that simple, I just happen to understand how people feel about their fishing gear, having been a fly caster for over 40 years.

Luke, I have NEVER accused any body of any thing !
Your statement, "Everyone has a right to voice an opinion " is 100% correct, but only if the product or item is seen or held by that person.
The first series of statements did not identify, where, when, or the model.

"Do you make these reels yourself?? Could some useful feedback hurt your supplier especially for the Australian market which in, etc"
No we do not make the Reels, ###### does.
Feed back, we have alway collected it and as with all progressive Companies all products are in a constant state of improvement.

Steve, we only sell the 'for sale 'model in Australia.The new Reels. The materials used are on our web site, again, thank you for pointing out the typing mistake, it has been corrected.

Maxie, yes, all reels are similar, however the Okuma is different, and not made by ###### or is the Trillium made by Okuma.

In conclusion, I would like to thank Steven Brown and the Ausfish team for putting up with this adventure.
At no time was it ever intended to be an advertising or promotional event.
Again, thank you Steven for your time.

Kind regards,