PDA

View Full Version : about bloody time

landy1
31-07-2002, 07:03 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;
g'day all
it's finally happening. toomorrow i pick up my much awaited decent fly gear. i am eagerly waiting for it (dont know if i will sleep tonight). its a shimano chameleon 8# four peice and shimano ultegra 7/8# reel. i can finally stop using my lacklustre borrowed gear. this means that i will finally be coming to see you, Travis about that fly line. i have spoken to Leeann about casting lessons and she has recommended either Mastery or Rio lines. i am thinking of a clear intermediate for flats and river fishing with some lake shores thrown in. do you guys stock this stuff and what sort of fiscal damage can i expect (obviously the cheaper the better within reason). just in time for the riverine bass season.
oh boy oh boy oh boy
cheers
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brett_Finger
01-08-2002, 08:34 AM
Landy,
Mate if you are chaseing casting lessons,why not learn from the master himself.
Give "Harro" a bell for some lessons he has access to some lovley ponds on private lands.
well worth the bucks involved,he has help me an enourmus ammount and a lot of other fellas on this and other boards.
you can contact him on 0418 892 600
i'm sure he would be only to happy to get you started in what would defently be the right direction.
Hookin,Brett

Maxg
01-08-2002, 05:27 PM
Big Fella, Hows the eagle, hooked up with it yet, I'm holding my breath over here. Max

Maxg
01-08-2002, 05:28 PM
Big Fella, Hows the eagle, hooked up with it yet, I'm holding my breath over here. Max

thunnus
01-08-2002, 06:22 PM
landy1,

bretts spot on about harro - i think you will find that it was actaully him who taught leeann to cast. Though I stand to be corrected if this is wrong.

Brett: hows the fishing up there mate? All the tuna gone?

best of luck with the new gear landy.

cheers, Justin

Brett_Finger
02-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi fellas,
have been a bit busy fishing to post a lot just get on for a read each night.
Max,
the eagle is well am getting used to chucking the beast ;D
i hope you have been well and keeping everyone on there toes for me.
Justen,
mate the longtails are still around but not in great numbers,but on the good news frount the Yellowfin have arrived and getting thicker dailey.
but....
i have gotten onto something BIG!!!!!
if i can crack it then things will be a lot different around here ;D
Harro is comeing up in the next few days and we are going to have a go,this is huge and i have trouble sleeping at night for excitement.
a mate landed one on conventional gear the other day and it went 16/12 lbs i'm talking BLOODY BIG if we can crack these things on fly!!!!!!!!!!
waiting,waiting... Brett

Harro
04-08-2002, 02:13 AM
Give me a call
0418 892 600
This will be a newbie freebie.
Have some time tomorrow...Sun 4th.
(Thunnus, if you can make it, you're welcome)
Had a bloke (from the great state of Queensland, incidentally) attend a
casting & skills day I was conducting in Canberra a coupla weeks back. He'd never held a flyrod before. At day's end he was casting a full line with a loop that'd pass thru a screen door. I was pretty happy about that one; goes to show what's possible.
Leeann is another example how important it is to learn the right technique early if you want to make long effortless casts.
Unfortunately there are snake oil methodologies and salesmen out there; far too many newbies fall for the spiel and hit the wall. Getting rid of the after taste...the bad habits...becomes much harder when they finally get around to trying the smooth single malt scotch.