PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations, Brisbane help?

landy1
10-07-2002, 02:57 PM
G'day all
have just discovered this forum and i am already asking questions. can anyone out there help with the location of a decent tackle shop for the fly fisher on Brisbanes South side (the dark side). i regularly haunt Springwood Marine but their selection of fly lines is rather small, excellent in all other regards by the way. what i am after is a wide selection of fly lines to allow me a decent choice for my first set up. it may well be that the above metioned store stocks only the decent ones anyway but i dont have the knowledge base for this asumption yet. can anyone out there help, i am leaning towards an intermediate line for riverine bass anf flats fishing for flathead, at least for the first line.
cheers

Brett_Finger
10-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Michael,
go back to Springwood and talk to Travis or Gary either of these two fellas will be able to help you in your quest.
i know there stocking a deacent range of quality lines in there now,as for line choice,it in the end will be yours but as for good advice than you cannot go past these two for practical hands on experiance in the pursuits in witch you post...
Hookin,Brett

Travis
11-07-2002, 10:18 AM
landy welcome to ausfish mate l'm sure you will learn alot about fly fishing here as there are some top fly fishos who are members....

landy here at Springwood we have the full range of SA lines(scientific angler),good stocks of Cortland, big stocks of Teeny also other lines we have are Fenwick,Delta and the odd other...So l'm sure if you come down and talk to one of us you will see what we have...

The lines are away from the other fly products maybe you didnt see them???

Hope to see you soon

Travis

bugman
11-07-2002, 10:55 AM
Landy,
Try Tackle Wharehouse on Old Cleveland Road.
There BIG into fly.
Bugman

shaun_ash
11-07-2002, 03:53 PM
mate most shops that stock fly gear will get lines in for you and springwood already have heaps at the moment I am have a fat time with a clear tarpon taper it has a nice head lenght and presents the fly very nicely it is desighed to throw flies on 1/0 to 3/0 hooks and flies like clouser minnows so suits flats fishing ,for bass I like using a quad tip cost heaps but gives you a floating to fast sink tip this style of line is ava for salt water but can be hard to find in lighter line weights.

Rosso
05-08-2002, 07:37 AM
Yeah the Tackle wearhouse is good. But the only one that knows anything about flyfishing there is Gordon. No-one else has a clue.

Sadly however, there isn't enough interest in fly-fishing here in QLD yet to warrant a large store (which is a real shame)

Give it about another 10 years and there might be one.

Rosso.

Quinny69
05-08-2002, 06:23 PM
We used too have a Fly only shop on the Sthside, The TAPERED LEADER. Well before its time I think, the whole flyfishing rage of about 96 was still a few years away. Pity, I only got to go there x2 . MQ