PDA

View Full Version : you must read this

landy1
05-08-2002, 01:03 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;
g'day all
well i took everyones advice and accepted Harros offer of an introductory lesson today. absolutely fantastic. Harro is a living Aussie fishing legend who has an incredible teaching style. before the lesson i could possibly chuck a fly out ten feet, after the lesson i was able to actually get a good effortless cast that i could maintain all day. all in an hour and a half. this afternoon really opened my eyes to what fly fishing is all about and now i have some skill to match my enthusiasm, all thanks to Rod Harrison, i will be back for more. anyone who wants to refine their technique or learn from scratch i like many others at this forum could not recommend Harro enough. he just has a way of taking an intimidating set of movements and physics and simplifying it so it becomes very easy to achieve. check it out at www.harro.com.au
look out fish here i come.
cheers

Brett_Finger
05-08-2002, 01:36 PM
Landy,
told ya so.... ;D
Hookin,The Big Fella!! ;)

thunnus
06-08-2002, 01:32 PM
g'day landy,

you really started to make some headway towards the end there. Keep up the work and in no time you will be casting like a pro!

cheers and best of luck, Justin

landy1
06-08-2002, 01:49 PM
G'day Justin/thunnus
it was good to put a face to a name. i am still grinning after Sunday. cant wait to get on the water. between you and Rod ive learnt a hell of a lot, but i will still be taking it slow and easy. quick question, what leader set up would you recomend for that striper line.
cheers

landy1
06-08-2002, 01:59 PM
g'day Brett
yep you were definately right. have you decided to let the cat out of the bag yet. if you and Harro are getting excited about something it must be pretty big. you are killing us all with anticipation. come on put us out of our misery. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif

Brett_Finger
06-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Landy,
will be talking to the great one (Harro) tommorow,and see where we go from there.
it's alll up to the wind now,hopefully it looks like some more westerly winds on the way,need a fllllllllllat sea.
Hookin,The Big Fella!! ;)

landy1
06-08-2002, 04:39 PM
hey Brett
should i take a hint from ther word ffflat
cheers :-X

Fitzy
06-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Landy,
Harro's lesson are a great investment in anyone's future fluff chuckin. ;)
He helped me come up with a way of taking the pain out of fly flingin due to a shonky elbow from too many years of throwing cricket balls at mack III. Was better than having to learn to cast with the other hand. Thanks Harro.

On Bretto's secret,,,, I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW............... ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Fitz

Quinny69
07-08-2002, 07:03 AM
Ive just come back from about 40mins of "Ironing out" buy Harro, Ive been flyfishing fer a few years now and my bad habits are deeply ingrained. Horro spotted them instantly and gave me a few tips on how to fix them, by the end of the session my casts had gone from a "whiplash hauling" style that would take someones head off if they were in the wrong spot too a smooooth powerful (single) stroke that was shootin over the fence on the other side of the pond. No matter how good you (think)ya are its woth your while getting some tips from him, after making a wise crack about the freebe lessons he gives,he said"Mate, Flyfishins been good to me over the years, I feel like Im giving something back" Thanks Rod. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gifhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif

landy1
07-08-2002, 09:05 AM
g'day all
thers just something about it isnt there. before i went to see Harro i had fooled around for a day or so at lota creek. i got sick of cracking the line like a whip and sending my leader flying, quickly got a sore arm to. after my lesson with Harro i went out to Pimpama creek today, didnt catch anything but i would have been happy just to cast all day, it feels that easy and good.
cheers
P.S. still havent lost the grin from that casting lesson. ;D ;D ;D

landy1
07-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Fitzy and Brett
time will tell you cant keep a secret forever, we have thumbscrews and will use them. everyones afraid of the spanish inquisition. ;)
cheers

thunnus
07-08-2002, 12:21 PM
landy,

i use very simple leaders - about 7 foot of 6kg mono. other than that i do tie bionic/twisty leaders for tuna and other fish where presentation is improtant. I cant really explain how to tie them here but next time we meet up i'll give you a demo.

Oh and one last thing - have a look at the various intermediate sink tip lines that are on the market to. They are a floating line with about a 10-15foot sinking tip. Just saves you from wearing a striping basket while wading and you also dont have to roll cast the line back up onto the surface for your next cast. Just a thought...

anyway mate keep up the good work.

cheers, Justin

Jack_Lives_Here
08-08-2002, 09:10 AM
Just sent an e-mail thru to Harro. Hopefully he can fit me for a straightening out session.

landy1
10-08-2002, 11:23 AM
g'day Dave
you definately wont regret it, Harro will change the way you think.
cheers