PDA

View Full Version : FRASER ISALND

SNELLY
14-08-2002, 05:37 AM
Can someone give me a general idea of when to go to Fraser Island for Goldens - Also what tides/moon are best

Thanks JON

Wesley_Pang
14-08-2002, 02:50 PM
I'm planning to get back up there in November.

I enjoy fishing the first of the run in tide. The Goldens come back on to the flats with the tide. With the water shallow you can wade for them and spot their tails. The last half of the tide requires using a boat to sneak up on them.

The moon phase is important for the tidal difference. Spring tides for large tides, and neap for small. I've not enough experience to say which is better. Some flats may fish better depending on the tides. I pretty much go up for the weekend when there is a low tide in the morning and it's not blowing 25 knots.

Roll on summer.

Wes

SNELLY
14-08-2002, 04:15 PM
Wes, Thanks for that I did a little "fishing around" today and saw a comment that smaller tides were better on the basis that the fish stayed on the falts longer. Ie you had more time to target them. I know everyday is different but how many "shots" would you expect in a tide ??

Thanks JON

SNELLY
14-08-2002, 04:17 PM
P.S. Roll on sumer up here as well sick of cold conditions and continual SE winds.