PDA

View Full Version : going fishing

vince
18-08-2002, 04:34 PM
hi everybody
next week I am trying to fish new England and tentherfield erea rivers, any one got any news, I know it is too cold at the moment but it is worth chucking a fly or a lure while the water levels are low,and it,s the last week before the season is closed,any info is apreciated thanks in advance.regards Vince.

Finnie
18-08-2002, 06:20 PM
I can't help you with any specific news on how the Cod areas are fishing, haven't been up there for a while. Water levels will be low all over the place, as we haven't had much rain for a long time.

Good news is that although the nights are still pretty chilly, as far as the New England goes we have had some pretty warmish days (the weather bureau even forcast a "mild" the other day I think!!) and so unless there is a cold snap comes through and ices things over again, it might well be warm enough for some action.

Sorry I can't help you with any more, but when I have been sneaking out I've been sneaking down to Coffs and going the salty water of late.

Cheers,
Finnie

Jack_Lives_Here
20-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Hey Vince. Heading down there myself 24th and 25th for the same thing - gunna also give the local rabbit population a hurry up. ;)

Tell you that 6 out of the last 7 trips I've taken the rain with me. The landholder begs me to come down now. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm2.gif

vince
20-08-2002, 03:58 PM
thanks for the info finnie, dave I am going on the 26th if fishing is fair we will stay a week if not two or 3 days will be enough to freeze us, usualy it has allways been very slack at this time, but who knows it still beats doing anything else.
cheers.
vince