PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing In SA where?

blindmullett
22-12-2002, 07:54 PM
:)Hi all,
I would say that i am very new to the idea of fly fishing and would like to knowwhere in SA preferably not to far from Adelaide you can fly fish thanks
???

planetwarrior
23-12-2002, 01:08 PM
In the llatest issue of ?FlyLife theres are article on SA, I don't have it in front of me i think it was Port Lincoln might be wrong tho.

Kangaroo Island is also popular for Salmon and a few other species. If you contact www.############.au and ask them which issues have articles of interest to you they could help you out alot. They are a great read.

I'm a victorian so I can't really help you, but if you fish where theres Flathead, Salmon, Snook etc, they are all Fly Species. Just ask a local tackle store they'll help you out.

Cheers mate.

Muzzy
25-12-2002, 12:06 PM
mate i threw the long wand around the wallaroo aera and there are snook that come close to the jetty at monta bay. suppose it depends what ya call close as a 2 to 3hr drive here in the N.t is close enough to drive. Its all shallow that way to so some waders and away with you

but there is this shallow bay type thing at the back of a caravan park in wallaroo with grass that meets sand etc, thats where flatties live aint it in that environment? I live in darwin just telling ya what I did when I was there. Caught a snook of montabay jetty none the less.

mdsaudio
27-12-2002, 09:37 PM
The Onkaparinga river is worth a try for bream and mulloway.Closer to the mouth try for flathead and salmon trout.
What area are you in?
Darren

clay
08-02-2003, 11:04 AM
With a name like Mullet I presume that you are interested in salt water Fly fishing in particular.

If on the other hand you would like info. about trout please send me an E mail and I will pass it on to the President of the South Austn fly fishers Assn.who are Adelaide based.

They have an extensive operation from , hatchery to liberation to fly casting and have about 100 members.

Good luck

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif