PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Fly Fishing

schoey
22-01-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi all, I'm a first time poster with little freshwater experience who wants to get into fly fishing. I live in SEQ and have recently heard about Glassy's Fishing World (www.glassysfishingworld.com.au) and was thinking about going there to learn how to get started in the wonderful world of fly. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

glassman
23-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Hi Schoey, I have recently got into fly fishing. Doing a fly tying course with Phil Jackson, very good value. www.flytye.com.au. Phil also runs casting days and all sorts of goodies.

Also joining the Brisbane Fly Fishers Inc. Very nice people with lots of experienced in Fly Fishing. Next meeting 6th Feb Geebung Bowls Club.

Cheers Glassman (Peter)

jondory
23-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi Guys, I'm starting too. I'm a long way from you two, but I find this site very helpful. ;)

landy1
23-05-2003, 03:51 PM
G'day Guys
I cant recomend Rod Harrisons fly casting lessons enough. i was a strugling caster and i went to see Harro for only one session and came away feeling very confident and more that doubling my casting distance. Harro teaches a no nonsense style that he was taught from the guru Lefty Kreh. You can cast all day when you have got this style down pat without getting a sore arm. I dont work for or get paid by Harro im just a very happy customer.
cheers
Michael

aussiebasser
24-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Hi all, I'm a first time poster with little freshwater experience who wants to get into fly fishing. I live in SEQ and have recently heard about Glassy's Fishing World (www.glassysfishingworld.com.au) and was thinking about going there to learn how to get started in the wonderful world of fly. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I don't suppose you're related to the other "Schoey" are you. He'd have to be one of the best freshwater fly fisho's around.
Glassy's is a good day's fun, but the best way would be to try Rod Harrison for some proper lessons. It's best to learn it from an expert, and there is no better than Rod to teach you.