PDA

View Full Version : Its stocking season again

Simon
06-10-2001, 01:52 AM
Hope everyone out their has already put your orders in to avoid disappointment. Not 100 percent certain of supply but with the SIPs money handed out I'm sure demand is going to be high. I hope the quality is just as high as I'm sure there is some brood stock of dubious origins out there.

Fitzy are you putting in more Toga this year and if so have you got a definite supplier as I heard one of the bigger suppliers may be struggling due to lack of water etc.

If only we could buy some cod :'( :'( :'( or JP's or trevally or jacks

Hope the stocking stork brings you everything you need and happy stocking

Cheers

Simon :) :) :) ;) ;D

Fitzy
06-10-2001, 06:44 AM
Hi Simon,
Yep, am just waiting for a free weekend & I'm off to get some more saratoga. They're there waiting for us. Supply with saras has been a big problem for some years now. But I've got my supplier holding fish for me. Will be pumping them into Atkinsons.
Somerset & Big W have ordered fish months ago so we should be expecting some fish soon. Bass & Yellas for these lakes. Some saratoga & cod would be great. Big Eyes, JPs, Jacks or Barra even better.
Once Atkinsons has bred up to a good number I'll be starting to move a few to Somerset, tho this is several years off.
Don't know what other groups I'm a member of have ordered as I've been to busy to attend their meetings. I think the Sinbad & the team at Coolmunda have a big load of cod for thier lake.

What group R U with Simon?? ;)

fitz

Simon
09-10-2001, 08:04 AM
Fitzy,

I'm a new member of the Pine Rivers Fish Mng Ass. recently moved into the area and the publicity of the boating scheme made me pull the finger out and join. Did you recieve any letters from the PRFMA members to join the Atkinson group I think they were going to send a letter on mass but didn't hear if they did. We too are expecting delivery of Bass and yellows and day now. Apparently their is a toga grower near Samford somewhere but is only small scale.

Cheers,

Simon.

Fitzy
15-10-2001, 11:10 AM
All the ALFA/PRFMA stuff is organised mate. Crackers sent me the info.
Will take any toga we can get.

fitz

Katrina
16-10-2001, 05:34 PM
;) Fitzy, how's the water in Atkinson these days? Not getting too low? I know that when it's dry it gets way down. Gotta keep them toga growing! Never caught one of them either, so once they're big, I'll come and chuck a lure or two at them. Happy fishing!

Fitzy
17-10-2001, 09:13 AM
Katrina,
AS of the 10th October is was at 16% holding 5004 megalitres. Not the best but we have to make do with what we have. Toga re pretty tough when it comes to warm water, algae & lower O2 levels, though they don't handle chemicals very well at all.
We're not too concerned just yet & are planning to get some more fish ASAP.

Cheers,

Fitz
http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/alfa/images/AtkinsonsLagoon1.jpg

Katrina
18-10-2001, 05:18 PM
;) Good to see some rain, I guess! :P

Fitzy
19-10-2001, 08:59 AM
Rang the Van Park at Atkinsons last night. They got a couple of inches of rain but little run off. Need some back up showers now to get the creeks running.