PDA

View Full Version : fish farming

Itwasthisbig
01-04-2002, 05:40 PM
i need a lot of help with this one because im looking to start up a fish farm to stock up local dams i live in bathurst nsw and i would not have the slightest where to start. what im looking for is the cost for setting up the operation, the types of fish suitable for farming and the market available. even links to websites would help a great deal

all help appreciated

Simon
02-04-2002, 08:17 AM
The first place to contact would be NSW's equivalent to Qlds department of Primary Industries. Maybe even check their website if they have one. There would also be short weekend courses run through some of the states uni's and or TAFEs but the state gov. dep. should know more about it. Atleast there some of the options available to us in Qld, I am assuming it would be the same in NSW.

Hope that helps a little.

Cheers

Simon.

Abington_Hatchery
04-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Mate,
Abington hachery has been involved in the Aquaculture Industry for the past 25 years. :D
we have poinered the breading of Australian Bass and the first to perfect the tecnique of horemone induceing Barramundi.
we have been produceing species such as, Barramindi, Saratoga, Silver Perch, Jade Perch, Sooty Grunter, Australian Bass, Gloden Perch, Sleepy Cod. for a good number of these 25 years.
we operate a closed system,and also grow out fish in ponds for the restraurant trade.
the hatchery is currently building closed systems for the aquaclture indstry.
so as you can see we've been around for a long time. :D

there are numerious procedure's involved in obtaining an Aquaculture licence, i feel we can without a doubt be able to help you with suggestions and help to your questions, reguarding this fascinating trade.
please feel free to contact us through the private message service provided by this board, as we are only to happy to help.
Reguards,
Abington Hatchery.