PDA

View Full Version : Caboolture river

jack_attack
07-10-2002, 05:48 AM
Does any one know if the Cabooture River has ever been stocked?

How would some one go about obtaining permission to both, raise money, and stock it?

Species wise, I suppose bass would be the primary fish of choice?

I have fished below the weir and seen small bass trying to get up the poor excuse of a fish ladder that is in place. How would some one go about getting this improved? The fish ladder really is a joke.

Fitzy
07-10-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi Jack_attack,
There is a group already stocking the Caboolture River. They have already been stocking mullet & bass I think. I don't personally know anyone from this group so I'd suggest you contact the Freshwater Fishing & Stocking Assn of Qld (FFSAQ) for any help in a contact or setting up a new stocking group. email ffsaq@logicworld.com.au or visit their website at ffsaq.ausfish.com.au

Cheers,

Fitzy..

jack_attack
07-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will do that.

Kilkenny
27-05-2003, 02:02 AM
So what did U learn, ? Bass were released into the upper part of the river about 2 years ago. We could petition council to improve the ladder.
E me on halkic@optusnet.com
Regards Kilkenny

lordy
29-05-2003, 08:02 AM
So what did U learn, ? Bass were released into the upper part of the river about 2 years ago. We could petition council to improve the ladder.
E me on halkic@optusnet.com
Regards Kilkenny

There are some government grants available under the 'fishways' projects but I'm not sure they would be enough to cover the cost of a big fishway, more for weirs than dams like northpine.

Kilkenny
25-06-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey Jack,
Lets get together and see if we can convince the council on repairing the fish ladder.
"Many hands make light work''
Kilkenny

Kilkenny
28-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Hey Jack,
Are you able to put a canoe on the lake system up past the weir without Caboolture Councilgetting hot......?
Kilkenny ???

jack_attack
15-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Sorry, haven't had time to scratch lately. Work sux. I will be snowed under for a few weeks yet. Once it eases up a bit I am keen to put some heat on the council about the fish ladder.