PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Stockings at Lake Samsonvale

meoldchina
21-12-2004, 03:36 PM
For the benefit of those of us who fish at Lake Samsonvale I have copied below a media release put out by the PRFMA.

Regards, Ross

CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS

20th December 2004

During the past week, members of the PRFMA were starting to think that Christmas had come early with over 40,000 fingerlings being released into Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam).

It all started last Wednesday with DPI&F providing 3900 Mary River Cod which were collected by some keen members from a Sunshine Coast Hatchery and distributed around the lake during the morning.

Then, on Thursday 28,000 Australian Bass fingerlings were delivered to the site and released at Boral Landing.

On Sunday morning another shipment of 12,000 Golden Perch arrived and these were also distributed around the weeds and lilies at the lake edges near Boral Landing.

It was great to see so many willing helpers turn up to release these fingerlings.

Shore based anglers at Bullocky’s Rest and Forgan Cove as well as those who plan to acquire PRFMA administered boating permits can expect to be reaping the benefits of these latest stockings by Christmas 2006 when many of these fish will be well over the legal size limit.

The good news is that more fingerlings (including Saratoga) are expected in the New Year so the future of the Lake Samsonvale fishery is looking very healthy indeed.

Noel Frost
Marketing Officer
Pine Rivers Fish Management Association
Ph. 0417 742023
http://prfma.tripod.com
prfma@hotmail.com

Fitzy
21-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Excelent work PRFMA. That lake is only going to get better every year. ;D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

fitz

meoldchina
22-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for that Fitzy (as well as all your other support to date).

I managed to be present for the arrival of the Golden Perch and even got to release a few myself - it was good fun to be part of it.

I'm now looking forward to the planned Saratoga purchase in 2005.

MikeC
23-12-2004, 04:49 AM
G'day and congratulations on the stockings. I for one am very grateful.
I fished there recently. No sign of any big bass but we did catch a good number of small ones - 10 inches or so - and I never whinge about that! Any size is a good'un IMO. Also had a yellowbelly of close to 3lb chase my lure and strike at it just as I lifted it from the water beside the boat. I've seen bass do that before but never a yellowbelly. It was probably the highlight of my morning.
Thanks again.
Mike