PDA

View Full Version : Hinze fingerlings

d-man
09-02-2006, 07:30 AM
The Hinze Dam received another 50,000 yellowbelly fingerlings last week. This is in addition to the 120,000 bass and 1,000 Mary River Cod that were stocked earlier this summer. We are still waiting on the 25,000 Silver Perch for this summer's orders to be completed.
Tenders are being called for the supply of next summer's stockings.
It is great to see that the supplies have been forthcoming this year after a few years when the orders have not been delivered.

bdowdy
09-02-2006, 08:06 AM
:)sounds great but some more toga would be awesome, we need a good fishery with a healthy pop of togas so close to nsw, so we dont have to travel so far to catch one. i know a lot of people who would fish this place more. and yes at 20 dollars a pop they are expensive butmore togas, more fishermen , the more money for hinze. cheers bdowdy ;)

BassBoomer
10-02-2006, 04:32 PM
if only it was that easy!

d-man
11-02-2006, 07:29 AM
:)sounds great but some more toga would be awesome, we need a good fishery with a healthy pop of togas so close to nsw, so we dont have to travel so far to catch one. i know a lot of people who would fish this place more. and yes at 20 dollars a pop they are expensive butmore togas, more fishermen , the more money for hinze. cheers bdowdy ;)

I agree, but the recommendation from QDPI is that we don't stock any more for the next few seasons in order to monitor the population already in there. This will establish if they are breeding there or not. We are at the southern end of saratoga's habitat range and it might get too cold for them at times.

This makes it all the more important for anglers to fill out catch cards which are downloaded from the Gold Coast City Council web site or available from the rangers at the dam, or from the Nerang Disposals tackle store ---- spread the word ;)