PDA

View Full Version : Native fish tank

Bronson
10-06-2006, 12:59 PM
hey all

just wondering wat native fish whould live together iv got a 35cm barramundi and i want to put another fish in with him
the fish i most want to put in with him are

sleepy cod ;D
saratoga
mangrove jack
Bass
oscar

can some one help me i mostly want to put a cod in with ny barra but you tell me wat you think

Bronson
10-06-2006, 01:05 PM
;D

seajay39
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
g'day bronson

i don't know about cod,but i had two barra living happily with a tandanus,

that's after they had killed two bass >:( and a gourami!!!

Az
22-06-2006, 04:26 PM
you would be much better off starting with a bigger cod and smaller barra, the bigger cod are predominantly grumpy ass fish, if you get a mid sized juvinile to grow up with a baby barra you will have a better chance, if you start the other way around the barra will eat the cod no worries, toga's can mix with barra but again should grow up from a young age, their little teeth can make a mess of the barra. I have seen a jack and barra living in a tank together, 6x3x2 tank and they each had their own end and didn't worry about eachother, but a school of scats would make a good distraction for the jacks to chase about

oscars will go with barra no problems, they're big sooks and will get along fine

Bronson
11-10-2006, 04:29 PM
hey guys

Thanks for all you'r help but ive got the fish i wont in my fish tank as of the iith of october 2006

ive got a green terror(10cm) a sooty grunter(10cm) a eeltail catfish(17cm) and a murry cod(24cm)

thanks guys

bronson

onerabbit
13-10-2006, 06:18 PM
3 eel tailed catties & 3 bream in one tank & 2 yellows, 1 bass, 3 catties & one Murray cod in another. I think the cod will own the tank in the end.

Muzz