PDA

View Full Version : Restocking our Salt Water Species Qld

Cruize
18-09-2006, 04:15 PM
I am only new to this site so please excuse teh posting if this topic has allready been covered but I am wondering why the DPI don't bother to restock our salt water species like snapper, bream, whiting, jew, emperiors and other local species?

Down south in the land of blue brains the authorities have got their act together but up here they seam to think it ok to do nothing about the salt water species.

blue-mako
20-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I agree mate. Though it would involve paying for a fishing license to provide $$$ for breeding and stocking the fish. Which still, I would be happy to do as long as it goes back to the fish.

Troy

Hornblower
21-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Makes sense, but the money from the licence fees would probably get spirited away for some academic idiot to research some usless topic designed to support their argument to close off Moreton Bay to fisherman. >:( >:( >:(

Ahh ignore me, I am just being cynical again, that would never happen, of ciourse they put the money straight into fish stocking. ;) ;) ;)

Cheers ;) ;)

Cruize
21-09-2006, 08:38 AM
The restocking by licence fees appear to be working down south.

Feral
29-10-2006, 05:06 AM
Yeah it is a shame, I am putting that into a submission to the latest review on fishing. NSW do it, they restock the Tweed with Jew for instance!

It is something we need to put pressure on Govt over, otherwise they will close all our fisheries. We need to get both them and the greenies to understand that if there is still to much pressure on the natural stocks, that instead of closures, we need stocking programs! Even if it is only a few species such as flathead, Jew and snapper, most fisho's could handle large closures for endangered species as long as there are good stocks of table quality fish to fish for.

Personally I reckon the pro's are mad for not pressuring the Govt about stocking the species they target as well.

Matthias
16-11-2006, 01:44 PM
I know there was some Barra stocked into Trinity Inlet in Cairns. They were tagged etc.

Pete.