PDA

View Full Version : assist in repair

Lucky_Phill
07-11-2006, 07:53 PM
My M10 I built during the year has had a whoopsie !

The hypalon grip has come away from the blank at the foregrip. #Only about 20mm and has now left a small ( 3mm ) gap between the grip and the wrap binding.

It is probably due to all the big fish I have been donging # ;D # #::)

OK, to my way of thinking, I should prize open the grip with a couple of match sticks and pour / drip the araldite into the cavity. #remove the sticks and wipe clean. #I can then scrap off the resin and re-do it, #to pretty it up again !

How am I travelling ?

Cheers # Phill

2DKnBJ
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Phill
I have had the same happen to me with a couple of rods and have basicly done what you are thinking of doing.Still holding after more than 2 yrs.

Cheers Dazza

PS I cant wait to get out and try the M that i have just finished.

bearclaw
07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Phil what did you orginally glue the grip with and how far from the front of the fore grip is it to the stripper, also was the hypalon a tight grip when you put it on.

Myles

Lucky_Phill
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Q1...........araldite 24hr.

Q2........I'd have to measure, Myles, but it is the same rod i posted pics of in the thread that you replied to today regarding me getting a heavier rod blank. You can see the distance on the rod in the pic of the rod and Grunter. It is a fair distance as i wanted the reel seat close to my body , ie :- a short butt section.

Q3, yes, pretty tight about a 2 grunt struggle to make it fit ! ;D

Phill

Bashir
14-11-2006, 05:11 PM
pretty sure you can buy repair syringes for this sort of stuff. Either that or if you know any junkies.....

hooked.up
15-11-2006, 08:00 AM
If you are sure the rest of the grip is solid, I suggest you go to your local pharmacy and purchase two 1ml disposable syringes and pump some araldite or similar in the offending gap.
You may have to explain to the pharmacist what you are doing, but generally you won't have a problem, especially if you already know the pharmacy.
If you are in any doubt about the rest of the grip :-[ suggest you bite the bullet and redo it :'(.

Paul

Lucky_Phill
27-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I will do the syringe thing or at least just fill the small gap will araldite.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Phill

Volvo
27-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Your on the money Phil, would only add that you might want to visit your local Vet re the saringe or however ya spell the fecker ::)...Watch his secretaries eyes aftr your request ;D...
They is much bigger and not as much force required to pump out the araldite..
Cheers

Volvo
27-12-2006, 07:11 AM
PS can you push the hypalon back down againeasy enough??..