PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twinfisher

MOSSY
25-09-2001, 04:17 PM
Hi, All. Thinking of a new boat and saw the Webster Twinfisher 4.6 at the boatshow in Bris. Read about it in trailerboat mag. Sounds good, Looks the part. Anyone have any experience with one? I'd appreciate your comments.
Regards, Mossy

Fitzy
25-09-2001, 06:51 PM
HI Mossy,
Went down to Orange & test drove one of the 4.6s.
Were fine in a straight line but IMHO a little scary in turns under power. OK on stability.

I decided on getting a 4.9 Sea Jay.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

MOSSY
26-09-2001, 04:48 PM
Thanks Fitzy, You're the second person to say that about turning. O.K. in a straight line, but I guess you have to turn sometime.
Regards, Mossy

The_Walrus
27-09-2001, 03:12 PM
What's the scary part?

Is it the leaning out in the turn or something else?

Luc

davo
15-10-2001, 05:13 PM
Check out Mathew Mott the fishing guide at Bjelke Petresen Dam. He is on his 2nd one. The first one he had was a 4.3 metre and he's just got a 4.6 metre witha 75HP 4 stroke Merc.

Fitzy
16-10-2001, 08:01 AM
Hi Davo,
I've been in both of his websters & I still am of the same opionion. Great in a straight line but a bit worrying if turning under power. Very stable at rest.
While we're on the subject, there is also the fact the Motty's first boat flipped on the water due to turning under power, he wasn't driving it tho, some tosser without a clue did it.
Horses for courses I spose. Happen to be a mate of Mottys & have told him my oppionion & he's had comments on my boats too. He loves the Websters, could be something to do with the price too.
At least I'm comforted in the knowlege that I can throw my new one into a full luck turn at 30 knots & it leans into it beautifully. Nice to know in case a client happens to grab/bump the wheel while traveling.

Cheers,

fitz

Steve_Kanowski
16-10-2001, 03:53 PM
Go the SeaJay, I love mine.

Cheers

Paul
16-10-2001, 04:10 PM
Mate,I fitted up a new 50 Tohatsu to one the other week,Good at rest,otherwise,just not my cup of tea,but to each his own,I guess.Give me a yell when youre ready,and Ill sell you a Stessl or a Snyper at the right price
Regards,Paul

PS Got that 25 sorted yet?

MOSSY
16-10-2001, 05:06 PM
Hi, Paul. Short answer...NO. Haven't had time. Lost my old fishing buddy (Dad) recently and with all the business of estates and cleaning out his shed, haven't had time to scratch. Found some fishing gear dating back to the 40's in the old hoarder's shed. At least I know where I picked up the hoarding habit. Will let you know when I'm ready for the new boat (and when I get the 25 going).
Regards, Mossy
ps Anyone want some sugar bags full of sugar bags, or boxes full of boxes etc, etc.....

Cando
16-10-2001, 07:03 PM
hi , Got to say i like 'em, Every cat I have been in turn like crap at high speed.... but hay i drive Tojo and it roll's all over the place at high speed too.... #:-*

Fitzy
24-10-2001, 02:30 PM
What's the scary part?

Is it the leaning out in the turn or something else?

Luc

What do you think Luc? The scary part is the feeling that you're going to get thrown out or the boat rolling on ya! :o

The_Walrus
25-10-2001, 07:22 AM
Thanks Fitzy,

I was aware of the leaning out in turns but then some other designs grip the water that well that in a hard turn if you don't hang on, you could still fall overboard.

Luc

Fitzy
25-10-2001, 08:28 AM
Hi Luc,
THat;s why I like certain mono hull designs that lean into a turn. On flat water you can put a glass of water on the deck & not loose it.

Flex
02-02-2013, 06:02 PM
How many hard turns at speed do you need to do in a tinny? It's not unsafe really just different.

I have a mate with 4m model. Often comes home up thirsty sound at stanage bay and just flies past every other tinny in the area, even beats pro's back and they drive like madmen. If you know how to drive em they are great little boats.

frosti
03-02-2013, 07:43 AM
new ones are now all made in china

bobbyb
03-02-2013, 10:19 PM
mossy, i'm sorry to hear about you dad. he will always be with you mate.

Richo1
03-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Mossy your PM box is full.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Tight Lines