PDA

View Full Version : BassnBarra

Luke
27-11-2001, 11:35 AM
Would like to hear from anyone who owns or has tried out the Seajay BassnBarra and what they think of it for ride and stability and any known structural problems.
Cheers Luke

The_Walrus
27-11-2001, 02:42 PM
Hi Luke,

I've had mine for 6 months and have had no probs. Great for two people trolling, casting, etc and easily handled by myself.

It's a 4 metre BassNBarra with front & rear casting platforms powered by a 25/4 yamaha with electric start and trim/tilt. I've also fitted a permatrim which gets me on the plane quickly and allows slower speed on the plane.

On a recent trip, a mate who paced my boat told me that according to his GPS, my speed was 28 knots. ???

I spend a good six months shopping around, comparing and generally making a pest of myself with various dealers.

I finally decided on the the BNB for strenght of construction, width and depth for the size hull.

If I had to replace/upgrade, I'd get another BNB. ;D

I live in Pine River Shire just north of Brisbane. If you can, you more than welcome to have a look.

Luc

Luke
28-11-2001, 04:31 AM
Thanks Luc,
I live at Beenleigh but if I could get up there one day and go for a spin with you that would be good. Price seems right for me. What dealer did you end up going through.
Cheers Luke

The_Walrus
29-11-2001, 04:31 PM
Luke, your welcome to come for a ride. Just send us an email.

I went through Stones Corner Marine.

I think they are the only Seajay dealer in the metro area. They always had plenty of time for me even when I made it clear to them that I was only shopping around and was a at least 6 months from buying.

Some dealership don't seem to want to talk to you unless you have money in your hands.

The Seajay website is http://www.seajayboats.com.au/.

Luc

Fitzy
02-12-2001, 09:45 PM
Hi Luke,
Got a modified 4.9 Sea Jay.
Did a bit of shopping around & SeaJay were right up there in build, strength, stability, ride etc that I needed. The nail in the coffin was that they were more than happy to custom build a boat to suit my precise needs (charter work). Others weren't interested in building to my specs & hence lost any sales from me.
Give me a call (mobile) during next week between 8 & 9 pm as I'll be in Bundaberg & can get some prices for you from Ron Glass Marine (Sea Jay Factory outlet) or you can call them yourself on 07 4151 3764.

My mobile number 0412 161169.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Brett_Finger
19-12-2001, 05:21 PM
Luke,
mate i am a total Sea-Jay man !!!!!!!!!
read top post in the section to find out more ;D
the bass and Barra is a great design hull,soft smooth and very stable.
three mates of mine all have this hull and are over the moon with them. ;D ;D ;D
Hookin,Brett

Fitzy
19-12-2001, 06:12 PM
Hi Luke,
Your welcome to come test drive my new custom built Sea Jay anytime it is convenient for us both. I'm in the Ipswich are. Have Kookaburra Park boat ramp about 10 minutes away.

Anyone else who is interested is also welcome to come have a test drive as well. ;D
You'll be amazed that this is the boat that rolled twice on the Bruce Highway & came out pretty unscathed structurally. It is a testament to how well these boats are built.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Cremated_Reddog
19-12-2001, 06:40 PM
what you duin driving your boat down the Bruce anyway Fitzy, thought they was intended for water not tar.. :P :P :P

how'd you manage to do that ??? ??? ??? ???

Fitzy
19-12-2001, 11:18 PM
Lost the towball crossin the Cabooture River Bridge. She fish tailed on the safety chain for a bit until it broke free & went west. It had 20 minutes on the hour meter. Was towin in back from Bundy after a couple of alterations to the layout at the factory.
Anyway, you wouldn't ever know it had even been scratched.

Fitzy..

Cremated_Reddog
20-12-2001, 03:17 AM
Very Very lucky is all I can say ;D

# # # # # # reddog

Luke
21-12-2001, 01:52 PM
Thanks Guys,
sounds like I have some clear direction to follow now after looking around at the different makes for the last 6 months. The Seajay has come out on top. Thanks for the offers of test runs. I'll more likely be out Ipswich way soon going after the bass so might try and stitch up a quick ride with ya Fitz if you have a chance. See how we go anyway thanks again everyone.
Cheers Luke