PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

cap
29-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,I recently took delivery of my new boat,a 455 Stacer Nomad with a 50Hp 3cyl Yamaha on the back.I am currently in the process of running in the motor so I still haven't had a chance to really put the boat through its paces yet.I am however pretty impressed with the hulls ride and its stability at rest.Any feedback from other Nomad owners or anyone that has had any experience with this boat would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Cap

Smithy
01-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Some mates of mine had the exact same boat with a 2 cylinder Evinrude 40 on it. It was a side console. They won the heaviest Wahoo prize at the Fraser Island comp with a 26.9kg fish from that boat. The best thing they did was put a Lazilas foil on it to lift the arse. Theirs didn't have a pod and with two sitting down the back to get a comfortable ride she was bum heavy with the batteries etc. It was great in following sea and they could drag my 15' glass boat off downhill when conditions were crappy. It was a bit wet into and across them but it didn't really bang like some tinnies do. All in all a top package.

Smithy
01-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Forgot to add she was the prize boat from the Rainbow Beach fishing competition. They bought it off the people that won it. They have since sold it to go into something bigger.

cap
01-02-2002, 07:53 PM
Smithy

Thanks for your reply. I too went for the side console option, beats tiller steer any day. After my first trip out, I also found the boat to be a bit bum heavy so I went out and bought my self a permatrim foil.Big difference now, she gets up on the plane quicker and at lower revs.Like all open boats she does get a bit wet when travelling across the wind,but I expected that. Its still early days for a comprehensive report, and this being my first remote steer boat, I am still learning.I am however, very happy with the positive comments you have made about the boat ;D

Regards

Cap