PDA

View Full Version : need boat

Fisherman02
31-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey guys
Randall has very very kindly given me an enginge for free so i'm very happy about that. Now all I need is a nice big punt for free! Lol nah guys i'm looking for a punt not too big but big enough to fit 2 people in with a bit of room left over and could fit 4 people in with enough room for a fishing rod and a few other things for a reasonable price. Now guys remeber I am only 15 and I do not give birth to gold so anybody who is selling a boat plz put a post on here
thanks guys remember I am desperate!!
cheers jack

Fisherman02
27-02-2002, 12:52 PM
even if you don't have a boat but got an idea plz put a post on here
cheers jack

budge
27-02-2002, 01:28 PM
You could try checking out the trading post online. There might be a few there that will suit you

Jeremy
28-02-2002, 10:12 AM
It sounds like you are looking for a tinny around 12' long. This will be comfortable for 2 with some gear and a squeeze with 3, but 4 would be really pushing it.

Work hard, save your pennies and look in the classifieds sections of your local paper. I'm not sure whether you need a trailer to two it or if you live next to the water, but you might be lucky and find a hull and trailer for <$1000 or a hull only for <$500. You will be able to get heaps of advice on fitting it out cheaply from this board.

Jeremy

Fisherman02
28-02-2002, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys
thats a real help
cheers again jack

doorstop
28-02-2002, 05:19 PM
PLease, don't jump at any old boat you can fit your new motor on.
I spent an unpleasant hour last Saturday fishing a bloody halfwit out of the very cold water in a 3metre swell who had whacked a 15hp outboard on a 2metre glass hull that wasn't fit to hang on a toddlers Merry-go-round! The A*&^hole didn't even have a lifejacket on board, no flares, the tub had no floatation and to top it all off the moron was wearing bloody WADERS!!! Point is, he was in an unsafe vessel, with no safety gear, in unsafe sea conditions because he was anxious to get his new (very cheap) toy on the water. Not only did he risk his own life but also that of the mate of mine who had to get into the water with him!
Now Jack, I know from your posts that you are not silly, but I also remember very well how 'desperate' for stuff I used to get when I was your age (Hell, I still do get "desperate" at times!!) so please mate, put your safety first, you will catch a whole lot more fish that way.....
Good Luck finding your boat mate....

Fisherman02
28-02-2002, 05:36 PM
thanks doorstop
I will put safety first. In fact i'll start looking for boats that come with safety.
thanks again doorstop jack