PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable boats or very light ones?

Fisherman02
04-03-2002, 08:26 AM
hey guys
Anyone know of a place where I can buy an inflatable boat or rubber dinghies with a backboard to mount my motor?
Coz I was thinking of getting a tinny but my stepdad doesn't want to get a trailer so we would have to put the tinny on top of our car on our roofrack and I don't know how we are going to get it off or on for that matter. So that's why i'm looking for an inflatable boat or a very light boat that is easy to transport!
cheers jack

Sniper
06-03-2002, 07:54 AM
HI Jack,
In regards to finding a Inflatable boat, try surf lifesaving clubs. I am involved in 1 on the sunshine coast and we had one that they were going to sell. They are the Achillies brand with a wooden transem, 3.85mts long ang great fun to drive. Overall wieght of the boat with the floor in and no motor is approx 60-80kg wich two people can handle easily and they can handle up to 30 hp. So give em a try and if you want me to find out if the club I'm in has any for sale, let me know
Bill ;D

Fisherman02
07-03-2002, 02:10 PM
thanks sniper thats great only problem is im all the way in Brisbane so don't know how im going to get it back to brisbane and my stepdad doesn't want to geta trailer
cheers jack

Sniper
09-03-2002, 10:06 AM
Jack,
These IRB's roll up so you may be able to squeeze it in the boot. I checked down the club the other day and they had sold the on that they had. But I'm sure you'll trake a boat down soon.
Good luck,
Sniper

Fisherman02
09-03-2002, 07:28 PM
thanks again sniper
yeah im sure ill find a boat eventually!!
Just when?!?
cheers jack

Chris_J
10-03-2002, 11:48 AM
hey jack

I know i guy here in toowoomba who makes inflatables...i'll have a chat to him and see what he has going for ya

cya

Chris

Fisherman02
10-03-2002, 06:55 PM
Chris!!
Buddy!! To the rescue again. Thanks chris your always there with a good idea
cheers jack

12_yr_old_boater
12-03-2002, 03:58 PM
hey,
im also looking for an inflatable Chris_J
would u know how to get 1?????