PDA

View Full Version : Webster Twinfisher

Col
10-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Anyone had any experiance of the Webster Twinfisher, particularly the 5.0m runabout?

Cheers

Smithy
10-04-2002, 06:01 PM
They are great boats. I have only experienced going out in a 4.3m with a 50 on it and a 4.6m with a 75 on it. On the weekend at the Boondooma Basspro the 4.6 was beating things like 5.0m Hornets with 60's on them. Good points are the single engine instead of two that most cats need, rough water ability, straight tracking when trolling because of the twin hulls, stability and when drifting they drifting they drift very slow because of the twin hulls.

GJ
11-04-2002, 07:06 AM
They are great boats. #I have only experienced going out in a 4.3m with a 50 on it and a 4.6m with a 75 on it. #On the weekend at the Boondooma Basspro the 4.6 was beating things like 5.0m Hornets with 60's on them. #Good points are the single engine instead of two that most cats need, rough water ability, straight tracking when trolling because of the twin hulls, stability and when drifting they drifting they drift very slow because of the twin hulls.

U ever tried turning 1 while under power? Scary stuff. They R good in straight line but turn them & .............. I've never seen a pro using one, wonder if that's anything to do with the high centre of gravity (less stability) & the tendancy to go "upside down".

DR
11-04-2002, 01:20 PM
They handle like a car , lean out instead in like Mono hulls.
How often do you have to do a sharp turn at speed? I have owned a 4.3 Twinfisher for 20 months and think they are terrific.
You will hear the stories about the bloke that flipped one on a dam, I would like to know what he was doing at the time, I can't imagine he was being a thoughtful driver. If your after a good, safe, stable boat that will handle most conditions you come across, grab a Webster (my opinion only)

Smithy
24-04-2002, 07:30 PM
The 4.3m one I went in turned well when we were dodging the trees on the way to the top of Bjelke-Petersen Dam. Why is turning ability such a big deal? It seems to be any cat with asymetric hulls selling point that they can lean into a turn but I have always been told symetrical hulls are safer.

Fitzy
01-05-2002, 06:01 PM
The 4.3m one I went in turned well when we were dodging the trees on the way to the top of Bjelke-Petersen Dam. #Why is turning ability such a big deal? #It seems to be any cat with asymetric hulls selling point that they can lean into a turn but I have always been told symetrical hulls are safer.
Smithy,
When you do Maritime College they'll cover the design & safety aspects of multi-hull boats. (They did when I went) I remember something about them being better if asymetric. Something to do with low pressure systems in the water or something. Didn't apply to me so I didn't pay alot of attention. Got all the text books here somewhere if you want them.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Punkin
02-05-2002, 02:53 AM
U ever tried turning 1 while under power? Scary stuff. They R good in straight line but turn them & .............. I've never seen a pro using one, wonder if that's anything to do with the high centre of gravity (less stability) & the tendancy to go "upside down".

Col, i've spoken to you elsewhere 'bout these great boats. I've had my 4.3 nearly 3 years and sometimes use it for towing the ski tube (50hp 4 stroke) . I can't see any way you could flip one of these boats with the max recc power besides running into s'thing.
I've seen this comment e'where and it's a load of garbage!
I suspect the comment to be some sort of misdirection 'cause it certainly can't emminate from experience.
::)
Suggest you ring Ron or Heather Webster for a chat, if you want to know a'thing about their boats .Good People!