View Full Version : Safety Advice

05-05-2002, 12:11 PM
I just purshased a 10 or 11 ft tinnie which I plan to use in inland waters in Victoria and possibly in the bayes close to shore. I was just trying to find out the safety equipment that is needed and how much it costs. I already have oars and lifejackets.
Any info would help.

Cheers, Matty

05-05-2002, 04:06 PM
Hi Matty. dont know if Vic safety rules are the same as qld]
but for smoothwaters your have to have 1 pfd lifejacket
per person on the boat(i would say your boat is licenced
to carry 4) 1 set of flares 2 red and 2 orange / 1 v sheet
1 mirror/ 2 oars/ 1 bucket with rope attached. For offshore
or open waters you also need a epirb (emergency position
indicating radio beacon) / 27mhz or vhf radio. plus all the
gear for smooth water operations.
flares around 100 - 60
v sheets would nt be much
epirbs 240-400 or the new ones around 2000 :o :o
chech with your authority that governs boating

06-05-2002, 07:55 AM
Thanks alot.

I guess I better start saving some money again ::) :-/

Cheers, Matty