PDA

View Full Version : boat n trailer insurance

jaybee
19-07-2002, 03:05 PM
hey guys who can you recommend for boat and trailer insurance. I have tried racq, aami and suncorp. One wants to insure the trailer and not the other and vice versa..n e ideas would be appreciated.
cheers

stevedemon
19-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi Jaybee
Ok two ways to go a Broker for the best deal or have you tried Allianze ins through the N.B.A :o :P ;D
don't quote me on the spelling I am not an ENGLISH major you no ;D :P :-[

CHEERS ;D ;D
Steve :P

jaybee
19-07-2002, 03:18 PM
thanks steve i bank with nab and they only want to insure the trailer..grrrrr.. mm allianz sounds good tho as i have my contents with them formerly hannon home n car formerly cgi..will try them in the morning as they only have office hours..grrrrrr..
thanks

fisho
19-07-2002, 04:09 PM
My boat and trailer are with suncorp - the operaters always want to complicate things but just state your case and you'll be right - by the way - I argued that because I was an associate member of coastguard, I deserved a deduction - I GOT IT! ;)

webby
19-07-2002, 04:12 PM
give Club Mariner a go, have been with them for years and they insure both at reasonable price.
regards

jaybee
20-07-2002, 03:50 AM
Thanks guys will chase it up again today
cheers.

DeeGee
20-07-2002, 07:51 AM
I have had my rig (boat, motor, AND trailer) insured with NRMA for several years now. #
When I was T-Boned by another driver on a roundabout a while back, the boat was overturned and they were very good in getting the damage assessed and repaired. #
I haven't compared prices for a while, but the last time I did they were competetive. Could be worth a phone call.
Regards Don.

ozdevil
20-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Gday all

The thing is with insurance before you pay anything out really take note of the fine print to as what they will pay out on if you do have an accident....Insurance companies are blamming the fall out of hih and sept 11....all i am saying is read the fine print after they tell you that you have full comprehensive cover as there is hell of a lot of cluases to protect the insurance companies these days....

I am rather lucky that my sister can tell me wether it is worth taking the insurance or not as my sister works in the insurance game...

i sometimes think is it worth the hassle of insuring things these days as it has boiled down to a 50/50 chance of you getting paid out

anyway just my thoughts

ozdevil

dnej
20-07-2002, 12:16 PM
The only way to go is with Whitworths. Agreed value, good to deal with , and fair dinkum.
Find out for yourself Ph 1300 134093

Let me know what you think.I was with Club, @##!@#%^%$#@!

jaybee
20-07-2002, 12:23 PM
thanks dnej. I actually came across whitworths insurance while i was on their web site. I am working from now till 6.30 pm monday and will definatley chasing them up
cheers.

clutter
20-07-2002, 06:53 PM
Jaybee,
can you let us know how you got on as I will be in the same boat (no pun intended) in the next week or two.
Clutter.

adriancorrea
22-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Hi Jaybe 8)
I just got my boat and trailer insured the other day
after reading this post I thought Id better finally get it done.
After looking around on the net and getting nowhere http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm23.gif
I decided to ring suncorp as we have our cars insured through them.
Rang the number 13 11 55 spoke to the operator and 15mins later
all was insured and I can pay it monthly
$17 a month isnt bad
anyway good luck Jaybe :)

Tight Lines
Adrian

dnej
26-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Hey Adrian, Have a good read of the policy document. The price is cheap but so is the cover. You need to have an agreed value policy.

Regards David

jaybee
26-07-2002, 02:38 PM
I have been flatout like a lizard drinking have a cover note for 30 days with club marine..did it over the internet but still no price..i will be contacting suncorp, club marine, and whitworths..thanks again guys will definatley let you know in this post when i sort it out
cheers.

clutter
26-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Jaybee, Had a look at RACQ today as I was in there renewing my membership. Got a quote of $210.30 per year to cover a $13000 rig. full comprehensive with a $100 excess. covers boat, trailer, motor and accessories. Have not read all the fine print as yet but the counter girl covered off on all my questions as to wether I get cover or not. Think I may get a discount for being a Silver Member also. Might pay to give them a go again. Clutter.

adriancorrea
29-07-2002, 12:24 AM
Hi David 8)
I have an agreed value policy, Just waiting now on the paper work to come through and then Ill be reading it from top to bottom.

Tight Lines
Adrian

davo
01-08-2002, 11:27 AM
I had my last boat insured with FAI then it changed over to Allianz.

The premium went from $205 to $395 in one year!! I've been insured since 1988 and have never had a claim so I left and went to RACQ because of the good service with my car insurance. The premium was $245