PDA

View Full Version : Local Supplier of a Battery Box

Big_Muddie
30-07-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi Folks.

I am looking for a local (Brisbane) supplier of the battery box shown in the attached pic.

I can get it by mail order but after adding $15 for postage it becomes a bit dear.

Has anyone seen one locally or know where I can get one locally?

Thanks,

Michael

antman
30-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Big_Muddie, Ive seen these batt. boxes in supercheep at the loganholme shop.Being a chain store i would imagine all branches would stock them. Cheers Antman

stevedemon
30-07-2002, 12:48 PM
HI Big Muddie
from memory not that the memory is any good anyway but Springwood Marine has them as well as Super cheap and most of the battery dealers in moss st Slack creek hope this help's

CHEERS ;D ;D
STEVE :P

clutter
30-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Try Whitworths at the Gabba. Can't seem to find them in the catalogue at the moment but you can get them on 3895 8300, or www.whitworths.com.au Clutter.

Flynny
31-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Hi BigMuddie
They are made by the Eastern tackle
Distributed by Sam Allen Wholesale
in Brisbane. They will be able to tell you who has them close-by
Cheers Flynny

Big_Muddie
31-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Hi Folks.

First, thank you to those who replied. I went out this morning and found several places which stocked the battery box.

Before I left home, I called the guy who is fitting my new motor and got him to measure the battery - it's a big deep cycle that powers my Minn Kota (transom mount).

I should have done this earlier - the length of the battery puts the box that I posted a pic of, out of contention - the battery is 360mm long and the internal box length is only 325mm #:(

So I am still looking.

Flynny, thanks for the info re the manufacturer and distributor - I will give them a call tomorrow and see what can be done to get something in the size I need.

If I can't get one then I guess I will make up something that will do the job, albeit not as nicely as the super battery box can.

In case you guys are wondering why I want a box such as this for my deep cycle battery, I am currently having a 40HP Yammie 4-stroke fitted to my Quinnie Explorer (4.2M). #

Consequently, I am trying to move weight out of the stern and the most likely candidate is the big battery. #I intend to keep it just in front of the bow thwart while travelling and then move it to the stern when I want to use the Minn Kota. #The external terminals on the battery box make the job of connecting the motor so much easier.

I'll let you know how I go.

Regards,

Michael

Big_Muddie
01-08-2002, 06:09 AM
I contacted Sam Allen Wholesale this morning - they knew nothing about the battery box but did put me on to Access Wholesale who do import them - from Taiwan!

End result was that the box advertised is the largest they make - so it's a homemade solution for me.

Thank you all for your help.

Michael

Flynny
01-08-2002, 06:29 PM
???Hi Big Muddie
I must apologise for the bum steer,I deal with so many wholesalers that sometimes I get confused. Access is
correct.
Cheers Pete

Big_Muddie
01-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Hi Pete,

No problems - was easily and quickly fixed.

Regards,

Michael

Simon_Goldsmith
11-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Big Mudie,

Simon_Goldsmith
11-08-2002, 02:51 PM
Big Mudie,
If your after a big battery box check out the Leisure Marine Website.They have boxes that will take your battery.

Regards

Simon

http://www.leisure-marine.com.au/eshop.html

P.s They're under electrical.

Big_Muddie
11-08-2002, 03:31 PM
Hi Simon.

Thanks for the reply. I already have a plain old vanilla (black really) battery box that my big battery fits into. I was after the variety that has external terminals on the box (see the pic I attached to my original post). I had a look at the leisure Marine site though - seems like the box is what I already have.

I am now going down a different path of attaching forlift type terminals to the battery and my Minn Kota - cheaper by far but not as nice :)

Regards,

Michael