PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable Boats

D_Dong
14-08-2002, 05:00 PM
I am thinking of buying an inflatable boat with a 3.5 outboard - I have in mind a Sevlor Fish Hunter 3.6. I basically want to be able to do estury fishing with out too much hassle and without resorting to a rigid hull.

My other option is a folding boat such as the Porta Bote.

I would welcome any views.

leroy
18-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Like I said to Rosso on the previous page.My brother bought a Porta-Bote, folding boat, fantastic. After testing the 12'+ he bought the 10'+, I am looking at the 12' and a 5 horse motor.

Brother got pinged for doing 13.5 knots the first time on the water with a 5 horse on the 10'. A 3 horse would have been enough and kept him to 10 knots. These things are unregistered and you don't need a licence.

They fold to the size of a malibou surf board. The seats and transome are a bit bulky but fit in the back of the 4X4 ok. Check em out at:

http://www.porta-bote.com/

They are dear but so are Zodiacs etc. The 12' is about $2,500 plus your motor. Realy great, take it anywhere & sharp objects don't worry it. They are almost indestructable. They take about 15 minutes to set up. There is an agent in Sydney, listed on their site, who will arrange a demo for anyone, usually down at Barowra Waters.

Good luck with whatever you choose,
Tangled.

Harrya
19-08-2002, 12:37 PM
How not save your money and put a Tinny on a roof Rack I have tried the rubber inflatable Metiszeller some 20 years ago as a deck boat on a H28 .
but it perished in four years .And it cost me $1500. 00 then so my advice is a Tinny on the self loading Roof rack . have fun Harrya